Ebike imports U.K. from the E.U.

From when it has been sent, how long did your order take to get to you?

• About a week, no real issues.

Votes: 4 66.7%
  • Two weeks, not so bad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Three weeks, a bit slow.

• 4-6 weeks, waited a while.

• Still waiting after 6 weeks!

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Feb 5, 2019
Wales
From an in stock order, that was sent after Brexit happened, how long has the order taken to come to you from the E.U.?

Last edited:

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Two bits of gearing, 12 days the first, 8 days the second, all the way from China direct, no duties, pretty much as per normal.

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
Why limit it to the EU, there's the rest of the world or are you just trying to make a point ?
I think the E.U. in particular is of the most concern to people: very little has changed with the rest of the world due to Brexit. Some E.U. companies have cut ties entirely with the country.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Some E.U. companies have cut ties entirely with the country.
Supply and demand will deal with that, if people are wanting to buy something, some enterprising young hungry company will soon find that market.

Give it a few months post Covid and we'll all be thinking of what to buy next with all the bulging bank balances we have, when's the last time you spent your wages on a good night out. I'll leave you to your worries :rolleyes:

Feb 5, 2019
Wales
Supply and demand will deal with that, if people are wanting to buy something, some enterprising young hungry company will soon find that market.

Give it a few months post Covid and we'll all be thinking of what to buy next with all the bulging bank balances we have, when's the last time you spent your wages on a good night out. I'll leave you to your worries :rolleyes:
It reads like you voted leave!

Bulging wallets? People are really struggling out there... not everyone is furloughed. The economy is sinking, some people can’t even leave where they live, apart from exercise from their door. The only exception is for front line services.

Okay, I am getting carried away here: politics on a bike forum is ridiculous.

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
11weeks from order to expected delivery...... Not a Brexit problem ... simply a manufacturing lead time in the German factory (Taiwanese frame ) Hope they keep to it .

Pivot

E*POWAH Master
Jun 11, 2020
New Forest, England
I can provide first-hand info, on 3 orders from Italy to UK:

1. July 2020 - new eMTB - price inclusive of 21% VAT (Italy)
2. Jan 2021 - OEM parts for the above bike - UK customs send the goods back to Italy, with a note that the value was below £130 (new rules)
3. Sep 2021 - new eMTB - price ex VAT (-21%) and paid in UK +25% VAT/duty combo

Order processing for #1 and #3 were different, because of global supply chains.
Delivery of #1 and #3 were exactly the same, I.e. 5 working days from from Italy to UK.
Financially, I paid 4% more of taxes/fees for the second bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles