e8000 updated, now walk mode doesn't work??

DrRobovnik

Oct 3, 2018
Brighton
Hi all,
I've recently purchased a Focus Sam2 equipped with an e8000 motor. Initially the walk mode worked fine however after updating the firmware I noticed today that it has completely stopped working. All other modes are fine and work correctly however changing into walk mode seems to provide no assistance. I've tried holding the shifter in whilst walking....not holding the shifter.... walking in 1st gear.... walking in 11th...but nothing seems to drive the cranks?
Has anyone else experienced this after the update?

Cheers,

James.

DrRobovnik

Oct 3, 2018
Brighton
mine has been running that update since 20th Sept and walk mode works fine
Don't suppose you know if there's a way to factory reset everything? When I updated it did crash a few times before finally installing, it's possible the crashing messed something up with the firmware. I might also try setting the assistance levels back to stock, maybe there's a bug in there that messes up walk mode when you adjust the other settings? Complete guess work here mind!

Bonz

Jul 2, 2018
New Zealand
Don't suppose you know if there's a way to factory reset everything? When I updated it did crash a few times before finally installing, it's possible the crashing messed something up with the firmware. I might also try setting the assistance levels back to stock, maybe there's a bug in there that messes up walk mode when you adjust the other settings? Complete guess work here mind!
Hi,
You probably have already checked http://e-tubeproject.shimano.com/
They mention a few fixes for download problems etc.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Sorry. I'm not sure if you can reset everything to factory without the PCE-1 interface.
My assistance settings are custom too BTW
silly question but have you read the manual?

DrRobovnik

Oct 3, 2018
Brighton
Sorry. I'm not sure if you can reset everything to factory without the PCE-1 interface.
My assistance settings are custom too BTW
silly question but have you read the manual?
No not a silly question, but yes I have. Nothing note worthy in there to be honest, just general usage instructions.

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
Again not teaching you what you probably know but I thought mine wasn’t working until I realised the assistance needed a higher gear to feel any drive

DrRobovnik

Oct 3, 2018
Brighton
Again not teaching you what you probably know but I thought mine wasn’t working until I realised the assistance needed a higher gear to feel any drive
Think I saw you posted about that in another thread which is why I tried all gears (well, 1st and 11th) unfortunately made no difference, there's just no drive whatsoever.

D

Deleted member 1026

Mine crashed doing a firmware update and it had to go back to the shop to be reset, subsequent updates have been buggy.

Shimano has not really got this 100% reliable yet by the look of it.

njn

Founding Member
Mar 14, 2018
USA
Updated the motor firmware today, but had to use a sm-pce1 because I forgot my passkey. Walk mode works, boost overrun is gone, overall smoother in boost and trail.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles