• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Answered E8000 Bluetooth Problem

pollywaffle

May 4, 2019
cairns
The only time I’ve been able to successfully connect via Bluetooth is the day the bike arrived.

I updated one of the firmwares. The top one whatever that was and LUCKILY i set Trail to medium and Boost to full power.

I also removed cadence from the menu but when I went back later to ad cadence back i have not been able to establish a connection.

It appears to crash at the bike end and says error on my phone. I have tried with another phone and i got as far as entering my pin but it crashed again.

Tried with both IOS and Android many times to no avail.

Any suggestions?

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
Have you changed anything? the e8000 motor has issues with the e7000 controller on older firmware. And you can uninstall the app, reboot your phone and re-install the app. Make absolutely sure the passcode is the one you chose.

Gordon

smokey_jo

Patreon
Jun 28, 2018
Uk
Try to re-pair the unit via phone Bluetooth settings before opening the app. Mine can be problematic to connect quite often but don't this usually sorts it out

pollywaffle

May 4, 2019
cairns
Thanks for all the suggestions but still no go. I think the only way is to reset it at the bike end via pc linkage but I am not prepared to pay for an interface cable.

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Here's another suggestion for you to try! Make sure your WiFi and your GPS/locaton service are active on your phone. (of course BT is active too...)

Mine won't do BT unless those two are running...

pollywaffle

May 4, 2019
cairns
Don't pair the bike through the phone bluetooth menu, if it is a paired device there... remove it, then launch the app and connect to the bike from within the e-tube app. That's what works for me.
Here's another suggestion for you to try! Make sure your WiFi and your GPS/locaton service are active on your phone. (of course BT is active too...)

Mine won't do BT unless those two are running...

Okay, cheers for that! Something else to try. Now you mention it, I never have location services turned on other than with Strava.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles