E7000 - e043 error

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
I was suspecting you may have a different issue than the firmware, only because I have been on 4.7.0 for ages and have never had an error code come up. It might be time for you to check every cable termination and look for the slightest cable damage or kinks and how well your battery locks into place plus check your battery terminals for any corrosion.

What firmware version did you downgrade to?
4.31 from 4.4, I was reading through another thread and sounds like others are having this same errors and having to go through warranty.

My bike is only 4 months old, battery fits snugly, no corrosion, visually cables and connections look fine, no kinks. I have not dropped the motor or taken off covers to inspect that yet

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I was suspecting you may have a different issue than the firmware.

It might be time for you to check every cable termination and look for the slightest cable damage or kinks and how well your battery locks into place plus check your battery terminals for any corrosion.

I did all that with my Focus, still getting error codes only in my case it's EO10 followed by WO13, not the other way round. Mine is the E8000 though.

Dealer should be looking at it this week but says he will "probably have to contact Shimano" who hopefully now know what it is all about.

raymondkerr

Apr 15, 2019
East Kilbride, Glasgow Scotland
Lucky I’ve only had the 043 error once and a reset solved the issue. Since then about 3 or 4 rides on everything appears to be fine. I’m not touching firmware updates unless there is a reason to change something later on, and even then I’ll be waiting until I am comfortable that future releases are solid before updating.

This is my second ebike. My first was a giant stance and had no issues at all with the motor or battery is more than 1000miles. Shimano seems a bit more temperamental with more software control which isn’t always a good thing with software releases always acting differently from user to user.

I’m happy so far with the performance of the E8000 so there’s really no need to update just now fingers crossed.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
Lucky I’ve only had the 043 error once and a reset solved the issue. Since then about 3 or 4 rides on everything appears to be fine. I’m not touching firmware updates unless there is a reason to change something later on, and even then I’ll be waiting until I am comfortable that future releases are solid before updating.

This is my second ebike. My first was a giant stance and had no issues at all with the motor or battery is more than 1000miles. Shimano seems a bit more temperamental with more software control which isn’t always a good thing with software releases always acting differently from user to user.

I’m happy so far with the performance of the E8000 so there’s really no need to update just now fingers crossed.

Presumably, you already have the latest firmware, 4.7 I believe, for which there is talk of a patch coming this month and you should not really have had the EO43 error code at all.

My problems didn't start until the dealer loaded 4.7 but who knows if that was just coincidence?

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
Just to give a update: no more e043, I am now stuck with the w013 followed by e010 error code. Diagnosing with PCE1 hardwired connection to PC shows no problems with motor.

I contacted Shimano in the US, they had me check that the cable from the battery to the motor was not loose and that looked fine. So I was told that they would replace the motor, I just need a shimano dealer to fill out the warranty claim. We have only one shimano dealer on island who told me they will not work on the motor but have agreed to fill out the warranty. Although I feel like I had to beg and doubt they will do this in the future if I have a problem. I talked to the owner for about 20 min being told no they do not work on Ebikes and couldn't help me and I just kept telling him I didn't need them to work on it, I just needed a warranty claim since they are the only shimano dealer.

Its sad how here in the US other mountain bikers are so against ebikes, this shop has everything they need to work on shimano systems but don't want to, shimano even offers to stay on the phone and walk them through what needs to be done. A lot of these guys at this shop I have ridden with and are very friendly until you get on a ebike. I even bailed one of them out with a tube, he was about to walk home 10 miles when I came across him and I didn't even ask for him to give me a tube back in return.

I am now waiting for the tool to remove the chain ring spider (tl-fc39) should get this on Monday and take it down to shop to have warranty taken care of. Shimano did tell me they would be able to send out the replacement motor the same day the claim is filled out and that they have motors in stock. Also shimano will help me with set up over etube when I install the motor.

Shimano has been great and really happy with them at this point, just wish I had a better option of shops to go through.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Some Shimano dealers are going to find karma is a bitch shortly.

I understand that the various Shimano importers have discussed the unwillingness of LBS to assist owners of Shimano ebikes and are seriously considering removing the ability of those dealers to access the Shimano dealer site and no longer offer previous discounts.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles