E7000 - e043 error

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
I recently updated my e7000 motor/display/shifter to the latest firmware. On 2 rides out of about 6 I got this error. shutting off system and turning it right back on, it works fine for the rest of the ride.

My problem is that I don’t have a Shimano steps dealer on island to re install firmware. Is there a way I can do this myself? Anyone else having this error with latest firmware update?

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
You can do that with your phone. Google Play or iStore have the e-Tube software which has a firmware update facility.

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
You can do that with your phone. Google Play or iStore have the e-Tube software which has a firmware update facility.
I have the E-TUBE app for iPhone, but I don’t see how to reinstall firmware? Right now everything is updated to latest firmware.

Borist

Apr 13, 2018
SoCal
I had the same error problem with my Decoy E-8000 couple times. Then it stopped, by itself. I might have removed the battery in between, but not sure

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
I had the same error problem with my Decoy E-8000 couple times. Then it stopped, by itself. I might have removed the battery in between, but not sure
I will try to remove the battery before today's ride, hoping it goes away.

lamomie

Jul 3, 2019
France
I also had the same problem with Decoy pro race 2 times, and since everything is fine, I connected Etube with the box pce2 he did not find any error, ... to follow.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
I received it with the latest firmware version (engine, display, shifter etc ...)
Just updated a friends bike that according to the dealer had the latest firmware - was actually 2 versions behind.
I think the motor version is 4.7 - display 4.07 - SW 3.12 ... the same as the E8000.

Tuplis

Mar 16, 2019
Finland
I have got the same in my E7000 few times. I've thought it might have something to do with e-tube/steps unlocker and adjusting assist levels.

But any way it always goes away when rebooting and is so rare that I haven't studied it further

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
What version is your firmware?
AA5A4DA2-64B5-4695-B779-9E2FDE8D4964.png

Yesterday’s ride I got e010 error on a downhill run. The only thing I changed before getting these errors was tightening the external battery mount , I might have made that too tight so the battery didn’t rattle? I slightly loosened after ride. See if that makes a difference.

Rusty

E*POWAH BOSS
Jul 17, 2019
New Zealand
Had a chat to my tech guy last night - e043 error is usually resolved by reinstalling the firmware. However, this must be done with the PC linkage device as the eTube software does not have the ability to over-write firmware and will just update.

Telemarker

May 4, 2019
Aberdeenshire
I got this error within 100m of start of a risen last night.
Turning bike off and on again sorted it and no more errors for 30km ride.

Fitted the e7000 screen earlier this month , after I trashed e8000 screen after my knee (pads on ) hit it in a crash...
It has latest firmware, and I have done a couple rides ok with no error until last nights e043 error.

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
Had a chat to my tech guy last night - e043 error is usually resolved by reinstalling the firmware. However, this must be done with the PC linkage device as the eTube software does not have the ability to over-write firmware and will just update.
Thanks Rusty, that's what I thought. Does your tech guy know if when newer firmware is available it will overwrite correctly? or will the problem continue? where I live I found out that there are no step dealers, we have 2 Shimano dealers but neither deal with E Bikes yet. So I am hoping the problem disappears or new firmware will fix it. My other thought was what about the alternative apps, like steps unlocker? do they have the ability to overwrite firmware? Anyways it has been a few rides since any error has shown up.

raymondkerr

Apr 15, 2019
East Kilbride, Glasgow Scotland
I got the 043 error today for the first time on my brand new E8000 Canyon. Second time out with the bike and during a climb in ECO mode the motor shut off and displayed W043. I turned off the battery and back on again and continued my 30 mile ride without issues.

I have the E-TUBE app installed on my iphone but wasn't using it at the time. I have downloaded the ETUBE Project app but haven't connected up to the bike yet. I wanted to mess with the drive mode profiles which you can't do in the basic E-TUBE app. Should I try the Project App and see what version my E8000 is running on ?

Just got the bike from Canyon 2 days ago and really don't like the idea of having to send it back. I'm kinda hoping I don't see the error again, but it is always in the back of my mind that if I go on a bigger ride, that I might run into problems ?? I Don't fancy having to ride home without the motor assist.

Firmware updates and re-writes should be available to be carried out by the end user..

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia

In the mean time why not just roll back to a previous version sans bugs?

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
So a few more rides without e043 error. Today I was going for a ride and when turning on power I get w013 followed by e010. Not touching pedals, now getting these code every time I try to turn it on. I’m guessing something was failing in my motor.

06EF351B-177D-4548-8797-D1B4E3477564.jpeg
266371F6-2985-4AC6-BB1B-3B34A05431C7.jpeg

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
So a few more rides without e043 error. Today I was going for a ride and when turning on power I get w013 followed by e010. Not touching pedals, now getting these code every time I try to turn it on. I’m guessing something was failing in my motor.

View attachment 17762 View attachment 17763
I am so confused, this motor has a mind of its own. So I tried everything I could think of hoping to fix issue from pedaling bike with motor off/on, taking off battery, plugging battery into charger and connecting to E-TUBE app. Nothing worked, I kept getting same error when I turned it on. Went back 1 hour later and same thing, now 3 hours later it’s back to working normally. Still going to try get this thing replaced.

Sapientiea

Jul 12, 2019
Netherlands
I have had the same W043 error about 2 times. Turned the bike off and on again solved it, but havent a clue as to why it happend. Error appeared also with my wifes bike once...then never again.

I have a feeling (= not really knowing) that it might have to do with using the E-tube mobile version to change settings. At least I was fiddling around with that before the errors occured

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
Can only do that with the hardwired system I believe. Have not seen that facility with eTube using bluetooth.
I am borrowing the Shimano pce1 hardwire connection to pc but can’t figure out how to r install firmware?

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
My Focus is currently back with the dealer with the error codes EO10 and WO13. EO10 is "general anomaly" and WO13 is "torque Sensor issues".

Problem started a couple of weeks after the latest firmware was loaded, by the dealer, but don't know if this is just coincidence.

Didn't notice any WO43 error code which I think is linked to a firmware bug.

mxkauai

Jan 12, 2019
Hawaii
Installed previous firmware and still got error after 1 hour on todays ride. I am not getting e043 anymore, now i get w013 followed by e010 and it won’t clear by powering off.

HORSPWR

E*POWAH Master
May 23, 2019
Alice Springs, Australia
Installed previous firmware and still got error after 1 hour on todays ride. I am not getting e043 anymore, now i get w013 followed by e010 and it won’t clear by powering off.

I was suspecting you may have a different issue than the firmware.

It might be time for you to check every cable termination and look for the slightest cable damage or kinks and how well your battery locks into place plus check your battery terminals for any corrosion.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles