e180 rs v2 fox float x2

mick ol

Jan 21, 2018
uk
ordered e180 rs v2 but looking at images of fox float x2 on fox website it has a firm/open lever but i cant see the lever on whyte website images just wondering has it got one and do people use it for climbing to keep bb higher as i use mine on cube stereo with fox dpx shock and it helps alot cheers

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I don't think it will increase your bb height. Mine are compression dampers - they just slow down the rate at which the shock compresses. This limits the up and down bouncing while you're pedalling. As well as when climbing, I've been using mine on fast smooth flowy berms and jumps and I seem to use the same amount of travel. On wild chattery stuff I leave it open.

Last edited:

mick ol

Jan 21, 2018
uk
cheers for the reply has it got the lever ? i know it wont increase bb height but what i have found when climbing rocky trails if i flip it to hard you dont sink as far into the travel which seems to keep them a bit higher to avoid strikes then flip it back to open for the downs . i only do this on long climbs and it does help

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
cheers for the reply has it got the lever ? i know it wont increase bb height but what i have found when climbing rocky trails if i flip it to hard you dont sink as far into the travel which seems to keep them a bit higher to avoid strikes then flip it back to open for the downs . i only do this on long climbs and it does help
Yes, it's great for climbing. It's main use is to stop the pogoing effect, or pedal bob. Generally travel is the same - well it is for me.

Baileyjd

Aug 23, 2018
Midlands.
How you finding the bike mate? I've nearly pulled the trigger a couple of times but there's no reviews out there so would be nice to know.

Thanks
I can't praise the bike enough . I went for a large as I wanted a longer reach ( my last bike was a Levo 2020 - so 480 vs 455 mm ) . I never really got on with that bike , now I have the Whyte I can see why . For me it's the best Ebike I have ridden to date ( I've owned Mondraker , Trek , Specialized ) I have only taken it out on trail centres , 25 miles so far . It doesn't feel like too much bike ( re the amount of travel ) , it tracks and corners so well . I have seen reviews stating the 10 - 52 t is too much for an EBIKE , for me I think it is great as I can climb in eco and give myself a good work out .... I was defiantly guilty of setting and forgetting on the Levo which I think took away from the ride. The only negative I can find is clearance for a water bottle ... I fitted a bottle cage and due to the rear shock I am going to have to buy a kids water bottle ( 350 ml ) as nothing I have will fit . Hope that is of help to you . Cheers

Last edited:

Gw0175

Aug 30, 2020
Scotland
I can't praise the bike enough . I went for a large as I wanted a longer reach ( my last bike was a Levo 2020 - so 480 vs 455 mm ) . I never really got on with that bike , now I have the Whyte I can see why . For me it's the best Ebike I have ridden to date ( I've owned Mondraker , Trek , Specialized ) I have only taken it out on trail centres , 25 miles so far . It doesn't feel like too much bike ( re the amount of travel ) , it tracks and corners so well . I have seen reviews stating the 10 - 52 t is too much for an EBIKE , for me I think it is great as I can climb in eco and give myself a good work out .... I was defiantly guilty of setting and forgetting on the Levo which I think took away from the ride. The only negative I can find is clearance for a water bottle ... I fitted a bottle cage and I due to the rear shock I am going to have to buy a kids water bottle ( 350 ml ) as nothing I have will fit . Hope that is of help to you . Cheers
Thanks for the reply. Hearing from someone who actually owns the bike is big deal to me. I'm OK with the bottle issue as I use a backpack most of the time so that's cool with me. Can I ask what height you are in relation to the large frame?

Cheers again

Baileyjd

Aug 23, 2018
Midlands.
Thanks for the reply. Hearing from someone who actually owns the bike is big deal to me. I'm OK with the bottle issue as I use a backpack most of the time so that's cool with me. Can I ask what height you are in relation to the large frame?

Cheers again
Sure , I am 5/10 .

Baileyjd

Aug 23, 2018
Midlands.
Yes , now you mention it I would say it has . The bike is pretty understated when it comes to it's colour however that front and rear suspension looks so good .

ossiehere

May 30, 2020
East Sussex
I can't praise the bike enough . I went for a large as I wanted a longer reach ( my last bike was a Levo 2020 - so 480 vs 455 mm ) . I never really got on with that bike , now I have the Whyte I can see why . For me it's the best Ebike I have ridden to date ( I've owned Mondraker , Trek , Specialized ) I have only taken it out on trail centres , 25 miles so far . It doesn't feel like too much bike ( re the amount of travel ) , it tracks and corners so well . I have seen reviews stating the 10 - 52 t is too much for an EBIKE , for me I think it is great as I can climb in eco and give myself a good work out .... I was defiantly guilty of setting and forgetting on the Levo which I think took away from the ride. The only negative I can find is clearance for a water bottle ... I fitted a bottle cage and due to the rear shock I am going to have to buy a kids water bottle ( 350 ml ) as nothing I have will fit . Hope that is of help to you . Cheers
Best bike I have owned ? only done approx 100 miles on mine so far, but hope to give it good thrashing through the trails next week in Friston forest. I know what you mean about the water bottle. Bit of a squeeze to get a 500ml in

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I have seen reviews stating the 10 - 52 t is too much for an EBIKE , for me I think it is great as I can climb in eco and give myself a good work out ....
I'm with you on the gearing. Mine is 51 rear 32 front, and I mostly use eco. There's a huge difference riding in a dynamic mode (for me that's trail) you can easily run higher gears. Eco is more akin to non assitance (I have med chosen for eco, so 2nd lowest setting). I use that 51 a few times every ride, but some steep climbs here.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I have a 500ml bottle in mine and have about 3mm clearance to the shock. I modified a side entry cage by elongation the bolt holes and putting a plastic spacer washer under the cage on the bottom bolt hole. That enables the cage to sit a little lower on the down tube and also angles the top away slightly from the shock.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
I think I have found a fairly simple way to set up the x2 float and 38 Fork.
Most of us are probably familiar with initial set up of shock/fork with only 1 compression and 1 rebound setting. Those being the roll off a kerb seated test for the shock and the sharp compress and release test on the bars to test if the front wheel skips or not. Both are low speed compression and rebound tests.
So having set sag at 30% on the shock and 25% on the fork with all compression and rebound settings wide open/fast, I set the low speed compression and rebound using those tests.
High speed compression and rebound on both just left full open/fast.
So now it is just about high speed compression and rebound. On the fork my experience with the Lyric on my other bike is that high speed compression is best adjusted on the fly according to the terrain for each ride, open for non technical single track, plus 2 clicks for rowdy descents, plus 3 for bike park. Rebound increased in line with compression. On the shock a similar approach except I start with Fox recommended settings and adjust from there.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles