E160S Invisiframe and Knar dog vol spacer done!!

Mattzzzzzz

Oct 2, 2020
Nottingham UK
What a day!
First proper ride out and I got a stone trapped between frame and shock rocker and a very nice scratch on my frame
So I bit the bullet and forked out £80 for the Invisiframe kit .
Today was the day to get it in the dining room where it is warm and get cracking- 6 hours later(I took my time?) and its fitted!
While I had the bike on the frame I removed the shock which helped with some of the Invisiframe install around the seat tube , I also cracked this open and installed a knar dog +2 standard spacers to help with me being a fat barsteward .
I would recommend the invisframe kit as it was very accurate for such a new bike and went on easily albeit it is time consuming to get right and Pricey.
Lets see what tomorrow brings for the knar dog and heres hoping I don’t blow through all the travel.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
From experience of riding other Whyte full suss bikes through the winter, mud does a nice job of removing the paint from the inside of the chain and seat stays. Saying that I never bother to wrap.

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
What a day!
First proper ride out and I got a stone trapped between frame and shock rocker and a very nice scratch on my frame
So I bit the bullet and forked out £80 for the Invisiframe kit .
Today was the day to get it in the dining room where it is warm and get cracking- 6 hours later(I took my time?) and its fitted!
While I had the bike on the frame I removed the shock which helped with some of the Invisiframe install around the seat tube , I also cracked this open and installed a knar dog +2 standard spacers to help with me being a fat barsteward .
I would recommend the invisframe kit as it was very accurate for such a new bike and went on easily albeit it is time consuming to get right and Pricey.
Lets see what tomorrow brings for the knar dog and heres hoping I don’t blow through all the travel.
I'm lucky to have Essential Wraps not far away. They did a terrific job and for 150 quid it was worth saving 6 hours I reckon.
What is a knar dog?

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
I'm lucky to have Essential Wraps not far away. They did a terrific job and for 150 quid it was worth saving 6 hours I reckon.
What is a knar dog?
Doctor Google explained it is the shock volume spacer. I guess I am a steward of similar proportion (95Kg in my undies). How did the +2 work out and what shock pressure did you end up using? thanks

Mattzzzzzz

Oct 2, 2020
Nottingham UK
Hi Mr President,
Knar dog + 2 standard vol spacers (=4.5) in the shock and running 300psi makes it stand up better to my hefty 120kg in kit and I found it didn’t blow through all the travel on a good ride at cannock last week.

Jamze

Jun 30, 2020
Oxfordshire
1 spacer in and I can’t remember what pressure is in them but I didn’t change them much from how they came but they feel spot on, yes Zebs
80 psi and no volume spacers. I'm 90 kilos. Does depend on where and how you ride. Mostly XC/trails for me, so I want plush, less concerned about big hits.

Last edited:

Mr President

Sep 20, 2020
monmouth,wales
thanks both. I'm wanting buttery smooth over rooty xc, absorption on max 1m drops and of course support in turns and under braking on steep descents. Too much to ask:unsure:. Very likely.
They do actually feel pretty good out of the box with 2 spacers included, but I feel I owe it to myself to play with them a bit at some point, even if I come back to the original setting eventually.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles