E160 frame / motor protection

melonhead

Feb 9, 2019
Killingworth Australia
The bracket plus special mounting bolt would cost £20 and postage is roughly another £25.
That's about 82 Aus Dollars.
I use UPS to ship which is not the cheapest by a long way but it's tracked, fast and reliable. The bracket and bolt actually weigh more than the guard which is why it's the same shipping cost as the whole guard and brackets.
Thanks mate. That is fair. Leave it with me

melonhead

Feb 9, 2019
Killingworth Australia
After a recommendation from a bloke on ROTORBURN, I purchased a roll of automotive anti chip tape to apply to the downtube, toptube, seat stays, chain stays and rear of seat tube of my eone sixty. it was amazingly good to work with and I am extremely impressed with the results. It comes in a 5 meter roll and is 48mm wide. The roll was $35 delivered here in Australia. The place I got it from is called "Tapes Online" and it is called "Transparent / Clear Anti Chip Tape - 48mm x 5M". Worth a look if you are considering paint protection.

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
There is another type on eBay Here. I think the design of this one & yours is superior to the rockgaurds as there is space between the bash & the motor, obviously it will become a shit shelf but it will offer more protection.

Cheers.

View attachment 12507

I bought one of these a few weeks ago. Fairly easy to fit and remove if required. I've ridden a couple of hundred km and all well

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
I bought one of these a few weeks ago. Fairly easy to fit and remove if required. I've ridden a couple of hundred km and all well
I fitted mine today, TBH I don't think this is going to help in the way I thought it would, I was hoping it would act as a proper bash to allow say hitting a fallen tree with with the motor if I failed to hop it. Looking at it I think Rallysaloon's guard is better but I've not seen one in the flesh, I would also like to see it slimmed down to look more like the Husqavana which I just think looks 'right'.

Cheers.

Janluke

Patreon
Dec 16, 2018
Scotland
I fitted mine today, TBH I don't think this is going to help in the way I thought it would, I was hoping it would act as a proper bash to allow say hitting a fallen tree with with the motor if I failed to hop it. Looking at it I think Rallysaloon's guard is better but I've not seen one in the flesh, I would also like to see it slimmed down to look more like the Husqavana which I just think looks 'right'.

Cheers.

I think the same guy does a much tougher one but it was thicker and looked(to me) like it reduced ground clearance. NB they may not be connected at all

160 bashguard

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk

Cheers.
I can trim one down if you want, no problem. As for hopping over trees etc, that's what it's designed to do. Just let me know how wide you would like it and I'll cut one down, fit it and let you see a photo.

2unfit2ride

Feb 2, 2019
herts
I can trim one down if you want, no problem. As for hopping over trees etc, that's what it's designed to do. Just let me know how wide you would like it and I'll cut one down, fit it and let you see a photo.
I wouldn't ask you to do that unless I was certain I wanted one, I also have a E120 & don't know for certain it fits the same as it does on the 160. What I would like to know is if your guard gives clearance between the motor & the bash, if so how much, & what its made from & what it weighs (last one is moot but I would still like to know)
Cheers.

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
I wouldn't ask you to do that unless I was certain I wanted one, I also have a E120 & don't know for certain it fits the same as it does on the 160. What I would like to know is if your guard gives clearance between the motor & the bash, if so how much, & what its made from & what it weighs (last one is moot but I would still like to know)
Cheers.
It fits an E120 (my misses has one). There’s little or no clearance between the motor and guard. It’s made from a heavy duty type of plastic and it weighs nothing, relatively speaking. Less than one pedal. I’ll weigh one but it’s really not heavy at all.

kx3

Apr 8, 2019
Australia
The bracket plus special mounting bolt would cost £20 and postage is roughly another £25.
That's about 82 Aus Dollars.
I use UPS to ship which is not the cheapest by a long way but it's tracked, fast and reliable. The bracket and bolt actually weigh more than the guard which is why it's the same shipping cost as the whole guard and brackets.
Hi Rallysaloon - Do your guards still look like the one in your profile pic ? Any chance you can post a few more pics or let me know where to find. I am wanting a guard like the one you make. Thanks

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
Hi Rallysaloon - Do your guards still look like the one in your profile pic ? Any chance you can post a few more pics or let me know where to find. I am wanting a guard like the one you make. Thanks

79FC940F-03B9-4ED8-AA19-33B43335DE72.jpeg

31236DEA-0BB1-4514-893D-58887D0EFD76.jpeg

50F11FDB-4F39-4B6A-AD03-AA4EB226FB42.jpeg

A94954C5-B344-454D-B3D3-5CEE1BDA5B78.jpeg

0C9907B5-59FF-4F23-8B36-CB8745F5E213.jpeg

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
New guards are as in the above photos. All bolts brackets etc supplied. No drilling or mods to the bike required. Just need a 6mm Allen key and fits in a couple of mins.

Reactions: kx3

kx3

Apr 8, 2019
Australia
Grea
New guards are as in the above photos. All bolts brackets etc supplied. No drilling or mods to the bike required. Just need a 6mm Allen key and fits in a couple of mins.
Great thanks, sorry but I cannot see how/where the 6mm allen key bolts will screw in as no holes i can see on my bike to accomodate. I have a 2019 e160 900e. Also, looks like to place an order with you is best done via Ebay as per the like carra1969 posted correct ?

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
Grea

Great thanks, sorry but I cannot see how/where the 6mm allen key bolts will screw in as no holes i can see on my bike to accomodate. I have a 2019 e160 900e. Also, looks like to place an order with you is best done via Ebay as per the like carra1969 posted correct ?
You take out one of the bolts already on your bike and replace it with a special one I supply. The bracket I supply is fastened in wth this bolt. You then use the two countersunk bolts I supply to fasten the guard to the bracket.

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
EBay is the easiest way to order. I give you a tracking number and use UPS to deliver. Very reliable and fast delivery

OZIAU

Aug 20, 2019
Australia
Hi. I have been riding with mine on for a while on my e160 900e and have found that it rarely impacts on clearance and when it does its not an issue as you have piece of mind that your frame, motor and chain ring are protected. I had some concerns about paint rub at the front and wrapped the frame with a 3M film first before using the supplied velco strips and cable ties which securely mount the guard to the frame. As for the appearance I think the guard enhances the aggressive style of the bike.

I've had Rallysaloon's bashplate on my 900E since new (approx. 6 months - 800+ kms). It was easy to fit and fitted perfectly. It gives robust protection to the lower frame, chain ring and most importantly the motor. It gives me confidence over rocks and logs if I don't clear the obstruction without scraping (I'm not an expert rider). It's well designed and manufactured and worth the price including postage (mine arrived in Australia four days after ordering it from the U.K.).

Merida E bike bash guard | eBay

Husky430

E*POWAH Master
Jul 8, 2019
Glasshouse Mts - Australia
Ditto what QZIAU said, fitted like a glove and so easy to install. You can hear when rocks, sticks etc hit flicked up from the front wheel and it gives you the confidence to try stuff that you know will hit whilst riding over logs and rock gardens etc. IMHO worth every cent just for the piece of mind.

Ol ebiker

Oct 21, 2019
NSW Australia
I bought 5 from Rallysaloon on eBay he combined shipping and very easy to deal with, I removed a carbon rock guard as it got damaged, the new plastic one looks bullet proof and one of the blokes that got one will certainly test it.

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
I bought 5 from Rallysaloon on eBay he combined shipping and very easy to deal with, I removed a carbon rock guard as it got damaged, the new plastic one looks bullet proof and one of the blokes that got one will certainly test it.
Cheers for the compliment. Myself and my mates who have them are proper hooligans and so far the guards have proved to be bullet proof. If you have any issues whatsoever just give me a shout.

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Looking for something like Rallysaloons bashguard to fit my Vitus Esommet, think the Merida one might fit as the frames are very similar, is there any "give" in the guard or is it rigid or can it be heated and bent a little ?

Rallysaloon

Oct 6, 2018
Uk
Looking for something like Rallysaloons bashguard to fit my Vitus Esommet, think the Merida one might fit as the frames are very similar, is there any "give" in the guard or is it rigid or can it be heated and bent a little ?
My guard will fit a Vitus E Sommet. My mate has one on his. ?

Paulpetta

Mar 18, 2019
Palm Cove
RockguardZ has now crafted new carbon fibre engine bash plates for many popular e-bike brands including the new 2020 Merida. These are of good quality and looks neat.
Check them out at RockGuardZ

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles