E150rs picking up tuesday

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
So monday walked into lbs for a chainring for the e-sommet and noticed the white e160rs got talking to the guys about it and he mentioned they had an exdemo e150 rs for sale for 4k, he told me it had been back to whyte for a brand new motor and they were just going thru the bike and replacing any worn parts, said it was like brand new. Tried it for size on thursday as its a medium and im a short arse and walked out of shop 4k lighter in the pocket. I am never buying a chainring from my lbs again? also got mugged into hope pedals and odi dredd grips?

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
No such thing as an impulse buy. You wanted one all along but just didn't realise :)
Pmsl errrrm well after the crap customer service from CRC over the e sommet i had been looking around for something with greater range, looked at cube, decathlon stylus even considered a levo also looked at the 630wh battery from shimano and i really didnt want to buy another bike but thought sod it thats a bargain. Really like my e sommet again now its fixed and its so much more than my skill can handle, but the whyte was too good to pass up? well thats my excuse anyway!

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Well had a couple of rides at dartmoor of 10 miles and 22 and while the handling is excellent im very disappointed by level of assistance in eco. Im not expecting to get to get much more range than my vitus with 504wh battery. So atm comparing the two bikes for what i do which is natural trails, the vitus wins it hands down, much more natural assistance in eco and trail, on shimano. Only the emtb mode on the bosch is really any good, eco is vitually non existant assistance, tour is ok but you get a surge when you start pedalling same as in turbo. It maybe early days of me getting used to it but its a bit of a disappointment motor wise

highpeakrider

E*POWAH Master
Aug 10, 2018
Peak District
It takes a wile to adjust, eco is a bit low, tour a bit high and over runs so you can’t use it on technical stuff. With 12 speed ive found you have to go down a few gears and use the torque of the motor for technical work.

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
It takes a wile to adjust, eco is a bit low, tour a bit high and over runs so you can’t use it on technical stuff. With 12 speed ive found you have to go down a few gears and use the torque of the motor for technical work.
Thanks highpeaks rider but at 56 im no spring chicken, just think eco is utterly pointless in its level of assistance, so range is no better than a 504wh shimano

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
I like eco mode, it's what I use most of the time, especially when riding with people on normal bikes.

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Well done a good few rides now and i am getting used to the motor characteristics, there were a couple of 24 milers over dartmoor with one into the last bar and showing 2 miles left in eco, so high battery anxiety on that and there was 3000ft in climbing but very wet and mud sucking conditions. What i cant stand is the shite xo1 eagle drive train. I find im constantly having to adjust after a ride, i do think the cable routing has a lot to do with it. So im going to junk the 12 speed and go to shimano 11 speed. Didnt really feel the 51t was much use to me and the 11 speed matches the vitus. Overall liking the bike alot and with the shimao and doing a cable reroute as done by kilham5 it should be perfect

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Well cable reroute done, and very easy to do, also fitted new shimano xt cassette, derailleur and shifter and now silky smooth reliable shifting. Just have to wait til weekend to try the new 11speed.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles