E010 error Shimano??

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
I have a E010 error code on shimano steps, system operation error. I am trying to link the tube app, but I have to enter a code that is on the display and enter into the app to connect, but I can't gift the error code.
Had this error code before, but it cleared last time... Any ideas??

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
What bike? Have you removed and reinstalled the battery?
Commencal Meta power. A search online means the 010 code is pretty generic. Could be anything really.
Possibilities look like bad contact between battery and holder, duff battery, duff motor, cold battery..
Yes, removed cleans contacts briefly and refitted.

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
Commencal Meta power. A search online means the 010 code is pretty generic. Could be anything really.
Possibilities look like bad contact between battery and holder, duff battery, duff motor, cold battery..
Yes, removed cleans contacts briefly and refitted.
Saw in another thread that it could be related to moisture in the connectors at the motor, might be worth a check there too. Best of luck finding the source.

Peterg

Apr 26, 2019
Uk
Saw in another thread that it could be related to moisture in the connectors at the motor, might be worth a check there too. Best of luck finding the source.
Motor and all wires have been removed cleaned and dried for four days. Refitted but still shows the E010 code

Cvitanic

Mar 1, 2020
Punta Arenas
Hi, I'm getting this since yesterday on my Meta Power.

Just came back from the trails after having this issue happen for the second time in two days. I'm getting error E010 together with W013. I rode yesterday and had the issue for the first time as I was at the top of the trail while waiting for some buddies (if I recall correctly, the bike auto turned off). Turned the system off and on a few times, also removed the battery and after a few tries it started normally (about 20 minutes went by on this process).

Today after riding a few runs, had this issue again while riding uphill in boost mode. Same thing. Restarted, battery off and on until the error went away. Later, did another run and at the bottom got the error again and couldn't get it to work, no matter how many times I restarted and removed the battery.

Hope this is a simple issue since there's no Shimano service where I live, and I'd eventually have to ship the bike 2000 miles to the closest dealer ?.

StuE

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jun 4, 2018
Leeds
Hi, I'm getting this since yesterday on my Meta Power.

Just came back from the trails after having this issue happen for the second time in two days. I'm getting error E010 together with W013. I rode yesterday and had the issue for the first time as I was at the top of the trail while waiting for some buddies (if I recall correctly, the bike auto turned off). Turned the system off and on a few times, also removed the battery and after a few tries it started normally (about 20 minutes went by on this process).

Today after riding a few runs, had this issue again while riding uphill in boost mode. Same thing. Restarted, battery off and on until the error went away. Later, did another run and at the bottom got the error again and couldn't get it to work, no matter how many times I restarted and removed the battery.

Hope this is a simple issue since there's no Shimano service where I live, and I'd eventually have to ship the bike 2000 miles to the closest dealer ?.
Had the same issue, pretty sure it's a torque sensor fault, Madison replaced my motor under warranty

Mauko

Jul 16, 2019
Finland
My Decoy has developed the E010 error as well. During the ride when the bike still worked I got speed sensor errors but they went away. Now it wont start anymore.

I have the PCE1 and was able to use it to look at the motor diagnostics a bit better. From there I see the error is infact E01020. Could this be the speed sensor? If not I believe I’ll be set for a long period of not biking if the motor needs to be replaced...

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
I bought another motor whilst the manufacturer and Shimano figured out how to get me a new motor. Very expensive solution but down-time was not an option.

Mauko

Jul 16, 2019
Finland
I bought another motor whilst the manufacturer and Shimano figured out how to get me a new motor. Very expensive solution but down-time was not an option.

Yep, sounds like the ultimate solution. I’m relying on the acoustic bikes at least for the moment. Maybe there is another thread for this, and for that sorry if this has been asked already somewhere else, but where can you even buy a motor? I see ebay, but anything else?

ottoshape

Dec 19, 2018
Right Here
Only have 1 modern bicycle so no acoustic to fall back on. Funny thing? Since getting a Mesa Boogie and a LP, my acoustic guitar has sat pretty much unused!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles