E-TUBE RIDE APP

Shaun

May 12, 2018
Saint Mary Bourne
Yes I have
Hi Andy,
I’ve tried on my iPhone without any success with the E8000.

I thought it only worked on the E6000 system?

Sorry just re read the earlier post again and I can get the E-Tube app to work but not the ride app.

I did notice there was a system update for the etube app today and a couple of updates for the motor and DI2 shifters.

Didn’t notice any advantages post updates.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Hi Andy,
I’ve tried on my iPhone without any success with the E8000.

I thought it only worked on the E6000 system?

I did notice there was a system update for the etube app today and a couple of updates for the motor and DI2 shifters.

Didn’t notice any advantages post updates.

I was just watching a video on embn about motors and I noticed a different shimano app on there so had a look, maybe it doesn't work with the E8000 then.

Thanks

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I have the E-Tube ride app, it is designed to work want he EN100 module that eliminates the display - the app is basically a way of using your phone as the display for the bike, and not much more.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I have the E-Tube ride app, it is designed to work want he EN100 module that eliminates the display - the app is basically a way of using your phone as the display for the bike, and not much more.

Thanks, not really worth worrying about then.

flash

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Nov 24, 2018
Wamberal, NSW Australia
The e-ride app actually works with any Shimano controller/display EXCEPT the e8000 colour display. You could use the EN100 or even try the monochrome e7000 display on your e8000 motor. The e-ride app works with either of these.

Gordon

Shaun

May 12, 2018
Saint Mary Bourne
Not a big fan of the Shimano display accuracy on my Focus Jam2. Compared to the GPS data on my Garmin Edge 1000 there is a 9% error in the speed and distance data metrics. In reality it means my speed restriction limit is more like 22.75 kph not the 25 kph legal limit for on-road use.

Shaun

May 12, 2018
Saint Mary Bourne
Mine is the same. Approx ~10% difference. I am using emax software to change the wheel circumference to make up the difference.

It is also worth noting that low tyre pressures used off-road will reduce the wheel circumference and you will find the difference will be greater off-road than onroad as Result

Did you manage to correct the speed error by changing the wheel circumference?

speedplus

Mar 26, 2019
Geldrop
Not a big fan of the Shimano display accuracy on my Focus Jam2. Compared to the GPS data on my Garmin Edge 1000 there is a 9% error in the speed and distance data metrics. In reality it means my speed restriction limit is more like 22.75 kph not the 25 kph legal limit for on-road use.
Shaun, did you test my app ? it helps you to go over this limit 25/26 kph. check the site speed plus.nl

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles