E-TUBE PC App update to be able to modify eco settings

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
Just popped up on my Instagram feed.....
1AC8D28B-9D10-48FB-AA24-30B04B03F709.jpeg

Last edited:

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I haven’t yet as have been messing with the other app and I think this update kills it.
Interested to know what other improvements there are.

valium64

Sep 16, 2018
Massa, Italy
It is not necessary to update the engine firmware, just update Etube and you can set ECO levels even on old firmware. On the other hand, 4.7.0 could block the operation of unofficial applications.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
I need to edit the title as yes it is mainly the app. There is a firmware update too.
I may give it a go as I don’t need the other app for this bike.

Eckythump

Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
North Yorkshire
The Instagram post says available from the e-tube website so it is probably only the PC software which is immediately available. I guess the App will have to go through the usual Apple approval process.

ricardowight

Dec 28, 2018
Isle of Wight UK
I've had a look on the E-Tube Project website, and the release notes for this new update state that you can adjust Eco to Low, Medium or High levels. So it's note completely clear how much adjustability it will offer.
I'm hesitant to upgrade at the moment because my Freemax works perfectly and offers incremental adjustment.
So it will be interesting to hear from anyone who has used this new official Shimano function.

PeterM

Mar 13, 2019
New Zealand
Has anyone tried out the new 4.7.0 firmware? I have heard rumors of it making the trail mode even more intuitive. I have a bsdass box fitted, which i have been informed may not operate after the 4.7.0 update.
I am not going to update until i know for sure the badass box will still work.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Has anyone tried out the new 4.7.0 firmware? I have heard rumors of it making the trail mode even more intuitive. I have a bsdass box fitted, which i have been informed may not operate after the 4.7.0 update.
I am not going to update until i know for sure the badass box will still work.
That's a bit worrying!

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
I dont see why it wouldn't work, as the BAB isn't in any way connected to the software or motor, its just tricking the sensor.

PeterM

Mar 13, 2019
New Zealand
I was more interested in the change to trail mode in the way it adjusts how much power to assist by sensing your input. It already does this but i heard it was furthur tweaked. Anyone with experience?

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
Just updated to latest firmware, it now allows eco to be adjusted and also the display speed up and down...

Haven't ridden bike with new settings yet though.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
I think it allows you to adjust the display speed to the correct GPS speed of yours is under or over reading... Maybe :unsure:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles