E-sommet rear shock bush

Stuart569

Jun 24, 2019
NE Scotland
Has anyone had to replace the rear shock bush on their 2021 e-sommet? It's a RockShox Super Deluxe Select shock. I've got a wee bit of play, noticeable when you pic bike up by the seat. The bushings arent shown on the exploded diagram drawing on the Vitus technical support documents. Save me having to dismantle and measure, yes I'm being lazy...

1635264166552.png

STATO

Feb 18, 2020
North
Has anyone had to replace the rear shock bush on their 2021 e-sommet? It's a RockShox Super Deluxe Select shock. I've got a wee bit of play, noticeable when you pic bike up by the seat. The bushings arent shown on the exploded diagram drawing on the Vitus technical support documents. Save me having to dismantle and measure, yes I'm being lazy...

View attachment 74602

Shock 'bushes' are a polymer or coated metal hoop and specified by shock make. These days most brands are 12.7mm. The bush pushes into the shock, but you may need a tool to do so.

Then you push in reducers/top-hats/fitting kit. Its likely this will not be worn, unless you have ridden it with play. Really though you'll need to take it apart to check.

Stuart569

Jun 24, 2019
NE Scotland
Shock 'bushes' are a polymer or coated metal hoop and specified by shock make. These days most brands are 12.7mm. The bush pushes into the shock, but you may need a tool to do so.

Then you push in reducers/top-hats/fitting kit. Its likely this will not be worn, unless you have ridden it with play. Really though you'll need to take it apart to check.

Okay doke I'll rip it to bits and get the vernier on it. Thanks 😎

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles