E-mtb meet up groups in Scotland

Lochlomonddr

Dec 12, 2018
Scotland
I was out for my first ride yesterday on the Kilpatrick hills, ( I live near Balloch) rode from my house and then up the craggs, got a bit lost and ended up cycling right round the top and had to do a bit of mountian climbing to get back down, I could see the tracks from my vantage point, lol.
If there is anyone going up there again soon, i'd be up for a ride. I don't know anyone else with an e-mtb yet so some fellow e-bikers would be cool.
Simon

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Anyone rode their ebike down the trails at Thornylee yet?
I was thinking of doing a ride day there either this Sunday or next??

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
So,

Going to put a meet up for Sunday 24th February,
Venue is Glentress to do all the 'off-piste' stuff (Trailfairy, 5 year, Ponduro etc)

Meeting at Bonys (hotel next to the entrance at Glentress) aiming to leave at 10:30,

All ebikes welcome but please note that this is not a guided ride so you will be responsible for your own safety etc, however am happy to show anyone who turns up around if they haven't ridden these trails before.

I would recommend a good/fair level of skill for these trails

Additional comments welcome please.

Cheers!

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Do you have a route in mind?
If not, may I suggest something along the lines of:
Climb to Mast > Fairy plan (& possibly F liquid.coming straight back up the side of it) >) > Black climb > Britney > Zorro (& zorro rtn) > back up to Boundary trail (which ever way you like) >
Hush hush > Mild peril > deliverance > Redemption but take fireroad shortcut climb > Broon troot > climb out and head over towards zoom or bust and take it all the way to the hydro.
that's a pretty big ascent route so Eco cruising on the climbs rather than boosting would need to be the order of the day I reckon
Plus we'll need to be "adventurous" about getting from broon troot to ZoB with the fire road closure. nothing a bunch ebike car park ticket dodgers couldn't handle tho ;) Heheh

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Do you have a route in mind?
If not, may I suggest something along the lines of:
Climb to Mast > Fairy plan (& possibly F liquid.coming straight back up the side of it) >) > Black climb > Britney > Zorro (& zorro rtn) > back up to Boundary trail (which ever way you like) >
Hush hush > Mild peril > deliverance > Redemption but take fireroad shortcut climb > Broon troot > climb out and head over towards zoom or bust and take it all the way to the hydro.
that's a pretty big ascent route so Eco cruising on the climbs rather than boosting would need to be the order of the day I reckon
Plus we'll need to be "adventurous" about getting from broon troot to ZoB with the fire road closure. nothing a bunch ebike car park ticket dodgers couldn't handle tho ;) Heheh

Sounds like my kind of party lol..

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Hello all, Going to have to postpone this meet up at Glentress,
There hasn't been much in the way of interest and there is a running event being held there this coming weekend so parking may be limited along with certain access roads being closed.
If anyone is interested in gathering some folk for an emtb ride in Scotland in the future then please post up any suggestions.
Cheers!

Levo

Oct 30, 2018
Scotland
Hi, Know the spot well in the first pic but not been out since the 23rd Dec when the sloppy stuff on the Bottom field caught my leg and fractured my knee. Great! Been a slow recovery but starting to get back with some light exercise so hope that in the next month or so I can get back on the trails.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Just noticed the comments about Thornie. Was there last week Been going there for eons on everything from 100mm hardtails with slick/street tyres to 170mm enduro bikes.
Ebike is a blast there.

I don't have an Ebike currently and am mainly riding my 4X bike just now. (Yair, GT, inners and local in the last week)
Pleased to say fitness and strength are coming back fairly rapidly without the motor ;)

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Hi, Know the spot well in the first pic but not been out since the 23rd Dec when the sloppy stuff on the Bottom field caught my leg and fractured my knee. Great! Been a slow recovery but starting to get back with some light exercise so hope that in the next month or so I can get back on the trails.

Hope it heals well, post something up when you are fit again and we will try and arrange a group meet ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I'll be riding with @Janluke on his Eeb this week. I just won't have a motor so will have to "cheat" by using a 25lb hardtail with an 11-25 cassette and taking as many uphill strava lines as possible. ;)
I should be way fitter when the Eeb comes back.

Tempted to try and get 500miles under it's belt as quickly as humanly possible and absolutely rag the thing when I get it back just to see if ALL E8000 motors share the lack of bearing durability I'm having. (Both my motors were 2018 OEM spec from vitus) so assuming I'm free I should be up for any ride you arrange @LUCKYMULLEN

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
I'll be riding with @Janluke on his Eeb this week. I just won't have a motor so will have to "cheat" by using a 25lb hardtail with an 11-25 cassette and taking as many uphill strava lines as possible. ;)
I should be way fitter when the Eeb comes back.

Tempted to try and get 500miles under it's belt as quickly as humanly possible and absolutely rag the thing when I get it back just to see if ALL E8000 motors share the lack of bearing durability I'm having. (Both my motors were 2018 OEM spec from vitus) so assuming I'm free I should be up for any ride you arrange @LUCKYMULLEN
Definitely try and get as many miles in as possible before they try and remove the warranty carpet from under you.
The only day I can escape is Sunday as I have dad taxi duty on Sat and can only do local through the week,
Will try and post up a possible Sunday soon ?

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Just stumbled across this thread! I haven't done much of the Glentress off-piste. I'd be up for that.

Thornilee is awesome. Went up during that dry spell in Jan. Need to ride there more.
Follow J a m e on Strava to see this activity. Join for free.

I also did feeding the pony the same day; thought that was very overrated.
Nice one!
Please feel free to post any upcoming rides if you want some other riders involved.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Just stumbled across this thread! I haven't done much of the Glentress off-piste. I'd be up for that.

Thornilee is awesome. Went up during that dry spell in Jan. Need to ride there more.
I'm up for either anytime, rain or shine. also Yair and obviously golfie/inners.
No Emtb just now but I'll still be down that way a couple of times this week.

I also did feeding the pony the same day; thought that was very overrated.
Requested activity could not be found

You're the first rider I've ever heard of who didn't enjoy the pony.
I generally avoid the push and only do little pony then head over the bridge and into elibank and make a big loop of both hills. Pony one of my favourite trails anywhere. just flows so well... if only it had a few jumps too it'd be epic. but... enduro ;)

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Haven't ridden Yair.

Yes, it was a long and fun, just not blown away. Probably overhyped by my mates

Try this link *i've had to add spaces

h t t p s://www.strava .com/activities/2059822181

I rode a couple of trails at Golfie after the pony; nearly had a clutcher on nae spleen (first time I'd ridden that one), few sections caught me by surprise!

h t t p s://www.strava .com/activities/2060035424

Gary are you on Strava?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah.
Try this link *i've had to add spaces

h t t p s://www.strava .com/activities/2059822181

I rode a couple of trails at Golfie after the pony; nearly had a clutcher on nae spleen (first time I'd ridden that one), few sections caught me by surprise!

Gary are you on Strava?

Why have you added spaces?
even if you remove the spaces it still shows as
"The requested activity could not be found "
Is your strava set to private?

Yes I have Strava

James_MTB

Jan 15, 2018
Yeah.

Why have you added spaces?
even if you remove the spaces it still shows as
"The requested activity could not be found "
Is your strava set to private?

Yes I have Strava
When I posted the links it changed them to login into strava?? You must have to follow me.

You used to be able to post the URL which linked directly to the ride.

Would you mind if I follow you?

My profile Signup for free to see more about J A M E S..

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Your activities are set to private. (or Only followers can see) You need to set your privacy to "everyone can see" if you want to share your rides publicly.
Sorry. I don't accept any follower requests at all or follow anyone.

Last edited:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
looks like you just have.

:p

I'm always happy to organise something in the tweed Valley area but not for a wee while.
I'll be watching the WC tomorrow. Working during the day all week and away riding (non Eebs) over in Dumfries all next weekend. the following weekend I'm unlikely to be free at all..
infact I think Sunday 19th May after 12pm will my next free weekend day to ride.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
looks like you just have.

:p

I'm always happy to organise something in the tweed Valley area but not for a wee while.
I'll be watching the WC tomorrow. Working during the day all week and away riding (non Eebs) over in Dumfries all next weekend. the following weekend I'm unlikely to be free at all..
infact I think Sunday 19th May after 12pm will my next free weekend day to ride.
Ok, cheers! I'm up for riding around that area too as I'm near Glasgow, so it's less than 90 mins from me. Hopefully by that time we can get some more members on board.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
How about we organise a monthly ride?
a Sunday might be best? and with a few weeks notice to allow folk to plan ahead?
beginning 19th May 12pm at Glentress and organised by me.
I can easily come up with a route to make it as Rad or Tame as folk might want
next one arranged sometime in June by someone else nr their local riding area?
or i can arrange another one til interest builds?

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
How about we organise a monthly ride?
a Sunday might be best? and with a few weeks notice to allow folk to plan ahead?
beginning 19th May 12pm at Glentress and organised by me.
I can easily come up with a route to make it as Rad or Tame as folk might want
next one arranged sometime in June by someone else nr their local riding area?
or i can arrange another one til interest builds?
That's a good idea, glentress is a good place to start and we can find everyone's level from there.

Bravestarr

Apr 26, 2019
Fife, Scotland
Hi folks, I'm based in Fife. I'd be happy to organise a ride/show people around at Pitmedden. If you haven't been there it has some brilliant trails. It is like the missing link between Glentress and Inners. Free most weekends or happy to plan for 22/23rd of June.

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Hey,
Yes, Pitmedden is great on the ebike, helps make the trails flow better than on an acoustic bike there in my opinion, not that steep but good fun. Not sure on a suitable weekend but hopefully soon for a meet up. I found Yair particularly suits an ebike due to the long climbs with some good descents overall. Keep posting and we will make this happen.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles