E-mtb meet up groups in Scotland

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Hey Lucky.
Arrange a ride and I'll meet you (Borders/Central/E.L)
Am I right in thinking you're Fife or Embra based?
You sold the Capra or keeping it aswell?
I remember you from the PB Capra thread.

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Ha Ha! Gary, small world lol...
Central based, yeah sold the Capras, great bike though.
Have you taken your ebike down Inners, Golfie etc yet?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Yeah... only like 100 times. ;)
Sure beats all that bloody climbing. Bike's equally capable as the Capra TBH

Was down inners (Traquair DH tracks) yesterday. it's manky but still riding good. Rear Sems slick still hookin up like a boss down date night ;)

I'm free during the week a few days and every second weekend.

Inners/Glofie, Thornie, Yair, GT, Cademuir are my preferred haunts down the Valley and all good on the Ebike. I'm only 40 mins away in East Lothian so short-ish notice is fine too.Local riding it's loads of natural XC or Carberry 10ish miles ride away (You been there?)
Happy to ride Dunkeld, perth, stirling etc. too but I'm a fan of a lie in so much prefer to go when it's not dark in the woods by 3pm

Anyway. When your Spectral arrives don't be a stranger. most of my Ebike rides are solo so I'd love some company

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Yeah... only like 100 times. ;)
Sure beats all that bloody climbing. Bike's equally capable as the Capra TBH

Was down inners (Traquair DH tracks) yesterday. it's manky but still riding good. Rear Sems slick still hookin up like a boss down date night ;)

I'm free during the week a few days and every second weekend.

Inners/Glofie, Thornie, Yair, GT, Cademuir are my preferred haunts down the Valley and all good on the Ebike. I'm only 40 mins away in East Lothian so short-ish notice is fine too.Local riding it's loads of natural XC or Carberry 10ish miles ride away (You been there?)
Happy to ride Dunkeld, perth, stirling etc. too but I'm a fan of a lie in so much prefer to go when it's not dark in the woods by 3pm

Anyway. When your Spectral arrives don't be a stranger. most of my Ebike rides are solo so I'd love some company

Good to hear, I was sick of sitting on the uplift bus more than I was riding tbh.

My riding buddy uses Carberry as his local and is only 10 mins away from it,
Trying to get him away from the valley is impossible as there is so much good riding to be had down there

Can't wait to do a 20 plus miles in short 2hr windows instead of 10 miles which is my reason for going full leccy.

Will get back to you regards a meet up, it would be good to do some sort of group ride but most of the good ones are for non e mtbs.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
There's a good chance I'll know your mate. What's his name? I've been riding Carbs on and off for about 15years and used to help Kris building BITD. There's a newskool young crew now who're all sound and pretty decent riders. Haven't bumped into Kris and the older boys for a while but I don't jead over all that often. The Valley has so much variety if you're close it's actually hard to see the point in travelling further. Like you I'd rather be riding a bike than sat in the seat of a vehicle (Especially the drivers seat)

You won't get 20 miles out of your battery everywhere down the Valley. Glentress you will but the steeper places unless you nurse it a bit using Eco a lot and sometimes switching it off you'll be lucky to get 15. I gave up keeping track of mileage as it's ascent, rider weight and tyre choice that affects range most
for example at 14st and not using draggy tyres I'd be looking at 4500ft of ascent using all modes. maybe 1000ft more using eco and quite a bit less if you like to boost your climbs.
Yesteday's ride was 10miles, 3000ft and I had one battery bar left at the end. I did do the full climb from the car park all the way to the start hut in a oner though. using trail for most of it but boost for the quarry wall and the steep doubletrack next to the wall just below the start hut. boosted make or brake push up (ex Magic carpet) twice and the uplift road once. The rest I stayed in trail/eco

I saw 3 other Ebikes at inners yesterday 4 normal bikes and met one bloke pushing a DH bike. That's the first itme I've ever been anywhere in Scotland where I've seen as many Ebikes as normal bikes. Seems like most folk ride I did meet a big group of english guys at GT once (lost at the freeride lol) on Ebikes but it seems to me most folk ride in pairs. Starting some regular group rides would be cool. I don't really use Facebook or Whatsapp though if I can help it and that seems to be where a lot of folk arrange rides

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
The lad is called David Quinn, he rides a Capra too, don't know if he does much spade work but he is always trying to get me over there mid week.

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
There's a good chance I'll know your mate. What's his name? I've been riding Carbs on and off for about 15years and used to help Kris building BITD. There's a newskool young crew now who're all sound and pretty decent riders. Haven't bumped into Kris and the older boys for a while but I don't jead over all that often. The Valley has so much variety if you're close it's actually hard to see the point in travelling further. Like you I'd rather be riding a bike than sat in the seat of a vehicle (Especially the drivers seat)

You won't get 20 miles out of your battery everywhere down the Valley. Glentress you will but the steeper places unless you nurse it a bit using Eco a lot and sometimes switching it off you'll be lucky to get 15. I gave up keeping track of mileage as it's ascent, rider weight and tyre choice that affects range most
for example at 14st and not using draggy tyres I'd be looking at 4500ft of ascent using all modes. maybe 1000ft more using eco and quite a bit less if you like to boost your climbs.
Yesteday's ride was 10miles, 3000ft and I had one battery bar left at the end. I did do the full climb from the car park all the way to the start hut in a oner though. using trail for most of it but boost for the quarry wall and the steep doubletrack next to the wall just below the start hut. boosted make or brake push up (ex Magic carpet) twice and the uplift road once. The rest I stayed in trail/eco

I saw 3 other Ebikes at inners yesterday 4 normal bikes and met one bloke pushing a DH bike. That's the first itme I've ever been anywhere in Scotland where I've seen as many Ebikes as normal bikes. Seems like most folk ride I did meet a big group of english guys at GT once (lost at the freeride lol) on Ebikes but it seems to me most folk ride in pairs. Starting some regular group rides would be cool. I don't really use Facebook or Whatsapp though if I can help it and that seems to be where a lot of folk arrange rides

Man, I was hoping to try and get 20 miles out of the battery as I can do that in a day on my non e bike, I may have to try and get a spare battery if I am to use the bike as a shuttle truck.
Still, be better than spending 3 hours of the day on the mini bus.

drjarvis2003

Jul 4, 2018
glasgow
Man, I was hoping to try and get 20 miles out of the battery as I can do that in a day on my non e bike, I may have to try and get a spare battery if I am to use the bike as a shuttle truck.
Still, be better than spending 3 hours of the day on the mini bus.
We had to go down the 2 battery route in the end. one is just not enough for a day out. We tend to go to places like inners, Golfie, Dunkeld, Ballo, Laggan and other places around Scotland. Anyway i find it best to keep the spare battery in the van and swap it out at lunchtime. Dont like the idea of carrying it about with me.

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
We had to go down the 2 battery route in the end. one is just not enough for a day out. We tend to go to places like inners, Golfie, Dunkeld, Ballo, Laggan and other places around Scotland. Anyway i find it best to keep the spare battery in the van and swap it out at lunchtime. Dont like the idea of carrying it about with me.

Cheers for the heads up, those are my preferred destinations, can't wait to try an ebike on those trails. Be good to try and get a monthly emtb forums meet up happening ?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
i jst take my Capra for long days. Or sometimes both. Ebike in the morning, Capra or hardtail in the afternoon.

Or sometimes I just ride the Ebike for another 12 miles with the battery empty

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Hi like the idea of an ebike meet up. I am on the west coast near erskine bridge. Mainly ride narly single track on the oldkilpatric hills. Plenty youtubes of the area if your interested

I definitely would be, I am based in central Scotland and it is shorter/quicker for me to get over there compared to my usual destinations down in the Tweed Valley.
Try and arrange something in January?

Levo

Oct 30, 2018
Scotland
I definitely would be, I am based in central Scotland and it is shorter/quicker for me to get over there compared to my usual destinations down in the Tweed Valley.
Try and arrange something in January?
Hi, sounds good to me! there are loads of diff runs on the hills here to suit all and when a run is called Danger! you know your in for a treat. Very natural and feckin tough esp in the wet and mud, but love it!

catch up in the new year all the best Stewart.

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk

You were correct about the range,
I did the off piste at Tress in the snow and I only managed around 13 miles, it was awesome as I was able to chuck and pump some parts of the climbs instead of blowing out my arse. Still a good work out too and not too different to a normal bike on the way down.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Let's sort a Tweed ride out. I should be free from after Boxing day.
I actually know the kilpatricks/Carbeth//Q view/Mugdock/Lennox/WHW really well from living in the weege for 10years or there abouts. Not sure I'd travel over this time of year though.

Last edited:

LUCKYMULLEN

Dec 5, 2018
Falkirk
Let's sort a Tweed ride out. I should be free from after Boxing day.
I actaully know the kilpatricks/Carbeth//Q view/Mugdock/Lennox/WHW really well from living in the weege for 10years or there abouts. Not sure I'd travel over this time of year though.

I can do something in January for sure!

Cisco

May 1, 2018
Elderslie
That's our team fully electrified. OK's today :)

51615186_352149225606237_3216922395805745152_n.jpg

51165133_635870816845507_1848240576269385728_n.jpg

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Looks cool but I think you might be getting this Scottish emtb meet up group organising thing erse aboot tit ;)

where is that?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles