E-escarpe VR upgrade suggestions

Petesbigpants

Sep 15, 2020
Belfast
Hey there folks, so after giving up on the Stulius I took the plunge and got myself an E-escarpe from CRC which I pick up Monday.
What mods/changes/upgrades do you folks suggest I look into...as you can tell I'm busting to get out and have some fun.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Oh... and save the DHRII to use as a front tyre. They're awesome front tyres. corner just like the DHF but with awesome braking grip especially on super steep terrain

Bobajobbob

Aug 5, 2020
Kent UK
The only changes I've made to mine are a new set of Ergon grips, as my wrists are shot, and a stubby front mudguard. I'm also still tweaking the suspension to get the best out of it but otherwise it is a brilliant bike.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Cant say I can think of anything you "need" to do out the box other than grips/saddle/pedals to your preference. Maybe Stem and Bar if you dont get on with what it comes with after a bit of riding.

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
Read up on crud protection posted by the above guys the rrp front mud guard on rear is a particularly good bit of advice as is the plastic flap in front of rear shock. From my experience be careful how you clean. On my 2nd motor and ive made a concious decision not to back pedal the motor with an allen key in a chainring bolt as i had a torque sensor issue. It may/may not have caused issue. I got 1500miles on 1st motor but they were some pretty shite conditions but not bike park jumping gnarly decents as i have no skills? but they were natural hard trails (to me anyway) in peaks, breacons etc.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
ive made a concious decision not to back pedal the motor with an allen key in a chainring bolt as i had a torque sensor issue. It may/may not have caused issue.
It definitely didn't

But...
1500miles on 1st motor but they were some pretty shite conditions
May have contributed. water ingress is one of the main culprits of errors/sensor/electric connection issues

Tonytank

Jun 5, 2019
London
It definitely didn't

But...

May have contributed. water ingress is one of the main culprits of errors/sensor/electric connection issues
Yep and my cleaning regime didnt help with the karcher oc3 so i just bucket of water and sponge now and very light spray over. Stupid really and i kick myself repeatedly

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles