E-bike specific fox 36 anyone ride and compare to standard 36??

Gray squirrel

Dec 25, 2019
Ny
Experimenting with offset on 160 mm forks wondering if anyone tried the new e-bike fox work 36 how does it compare to the regular fox 36

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
The Eeb 36 is just a 36 with thicker stanchion walls and 34 internals so in all aspects other than stiffness comparing it to a 34 makes more sense.

don't worry about offset. it's just this/last years purple

Gray squirrel

Dec 25, 2019
Ny
The Eeb 36 is just a 36 with thicker stanchion walls and 34 internals so in all aspects other than stiffness comparing it to a 34 makes more sense.

don't worry about offset. it's just this/last years purple
I have a transition sentinel with 44 offset but have not compared on same bike back to back I know all the fact about differences thicker stanction,solid crown etc but I wanted to see if anyone did back to back runs to feel it

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I have a transition sentinel with 44 offset but have not compared on same bike back to back I know all the fact about differences thicker stanction,solid crown etc but I wanted to see if anyone did back to back runs to feel it
I own 7 mtbs
Every one has a different fork offset.
it makes fuck all difference switching from one to another.
Don't stress about it.
you'll adapt to any... and if it wasn't for marketing depts. throwing the notion of different offsets at us for the last couple of years I'd bet you wouldn't even have known what fork offset you have.

Go and find a ruler/measuring tape.
You're stressing about 6mm difference

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
It seems to me that the new Marzocchi Bomber is the same as the EMTB versions of the 36 in terms of extra material, or is it actually different? I.E its marketed as being stiffer than a 36 with more material in the crown and stanchions. Basically the same fork?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
It seems to me that the new Marzocchi Bomber is the same as the EMTB versions of the 36 in terms of extra material, or is it actually different? I.E its marketed as being stiffer than a 36 with more material in the crown and stanchions. Basically the same fork?
Sort of, yeah
Spoke to the Fox rep about it this week.
I was initially kinda excited about the prospect of a modern coil Z1. Especially from my lack of maintenance, fit and forget rose tinted POV. But alas it's nothing like a Marzocchi fork. Basically a coil 34 with 36 lowers (with the pointless heavymetal inspired "M" arch) and 36 CSU (but with the thicker walls). not a bad thing if that's what you're after
But what really put me off was the weight. it apparently weighs the same as a BOXXER

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles