E-bike lighting

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
So I don't do a lot of night riding and certainly not trail riding, but I need something that's not going to break the bank, but will get me home.

I want the lights to be integrated into the battery (while we are carrying one round anyway, why not), I have seen a couple of lezyne front lights that should do the trick, but nothing for the rear.

Anyone tried the Lezyne (macro drive 1000) and if so, did you go to the trouble of internal cable routing?

All suggestions welcome...

Thanks
Martin

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
What's the voltage / amps output of your motor?
Depending on that you can use either the Lezyne 500 or 1000. I've used both and they're a quality bit of kit. If you look on the Lezyne website it has an Ebike compatibility chart to help you.
You'll also need to buy the connecting wire with the suitable plug for your motor and some heat shrink connectors.

MartinW148

May 30, 2018
Essex, England
What's the voltage / amps output of your motor?
Depending on that you can use either the Lezyne 500 or 1000. I've used both and they're a quality bit of kit. If you look on the Lezyne website it has an Ebike compatibility chart to help you.
You'll also need to buy the connecting wire with the suitable plug for your motor and some heat shrink connectors.
It's the E8000 shimano motor, according to the website this should be compatible with the bike.

What did you do about rear lights? I guess the rears use a lot less power so a small rechargeable unit?

Thanks

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
It's the E8000 shimano motor, according to the website this should be compatible with the bike.

What did you do about rear lights? I guess the rears use a lot less power so a small rechargeable unit?

Thanks

Looks like Tredz is cheapest for the Lezyne ebike 1000 lamp as you get a pop-up for a £5 discount.
If you're not trail riding it be fine, I'd supplement it with a helmet lamp and another 1000lm if you were.

And yes, I just use a usb rechargeable rear lamp that straps around the top of the seatpost.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles