E-Bike in Catalonian Pyrenees

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
Choice! Free range riding is not easy to find in this day and age....definitely want an at least 130mm FS though as it looks pretty "bumpy" Thanks for sharing as one can only wish at this stage of the game.....

Llívia

Mar 27, 2020
Catalonia
Choice! Free range riding is not easy to find in this day and age....definitely want an at least 130mm FS though as it looks pretty "bumpy" Thanks for sharing as one can only wish at this stage of the game.....
Thank you. Stay tunned. I have more videosi hope to

Llívia

Mar 27, 2020
Catalonia
Did you get up there on one battery ? Looks fantastic.
El Cadí really is fantastic. There are those who say is the littel Rocky Mountains. 2 batteries with Bosch 500 a total of 900 Watts
Most of tracks are unpublished. Enjoy.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
I worked in Andorra for a while and there was rumours of a walking / cycling trail from the Med to the Atlantic, do you know of any such trails and if so is there any websites where we can pick up gpx files for the trail, its on one of my bucket lists and it looks like my business is going to be held up for a few months after the Covid-19 clears, it maybe a good time to do it.

Llívia

Mar 27, 2020
Catalonia
I worked in Andorra for a while and there was rumours of a walking / cycling trail from the Med to the Atlantic, do you know of any such trails and if so is there any websites where we can pick up gpx files for the trail, its on one of my bucket lists and it looks like my business is going to be held up for a few months after the Covid-19 clears, it maybe a good time to do it.

There are many tracks like this:
Transpirinenca. Cap de Creus-Hondarribia. La Transpirenaica

El desafío de la Transpirenaica en MTB | Bicis en ruta

look for: TRANSPIRENAICA btt ; transpirineus ; transpirinenca

its a classic route !!

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Mmmm interesting 650 miles and 85000 ft of elevation on the first one. Could I do 65 miles and 8000ft average of climb over 10 days, probably not on an analogue but doable on an Ebike.

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Mmmm interesting 650 miles and 85000 ft of elevation on the first one. Could I do 65 miles and 8000ft average of climb over 10 days, probably not on an analogue but doable on an Ebike.

If ever we get out of lockdown, I'm seriously considering doing this. I've been reading one of the blogs from the trip and I reckon it will be tough going to do their 65kms per day with an EMTB and a spare battery. There seem to be a whole rake of 20+% rocky climbs and I know I don't puff too well at high altitude these days...

Llívia

Mar 27, 2020
Catalonia
I think that 65 km with two batteries you will be able to do without problems because most are tracks in good condition.
Well swollen wheels and patience.
I think I remember that the video Tossa Alp 2019 goes through a piece of the track.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
If ever we get out of lockdown, I'm seriously considering doing this. I've been reading one of the blogs from the trip and I reckon it will be tough going to do their 65kms per day with an EMTB and a spare battery. There seem to be a whole rake of 20+% rocky climbs and I know I don't puff too well at high altitude these days...
Mmmm yes the high altitude may be an issue. I had wondered about doing the route in 2 hits of say week - 10 days each and using a bit of spare time to see a bit more ( its very different to North France and South Spain where the Brits tend to go ) and enjoy it more. Perhaps park up the bikes at a hotel or such and then return a month later say.

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I think that 65 km with two batteries you will be able to do without problems because most are tracks in good condition.

Thanks. That's useful to know. The blog I was reading is 7 years old and a lot can change in that time (good and bad, but usually bad), so I was concerned that the tracks might have got a lot worse.

Last edited:

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Mmmm yes the high altitude may be an issue. I had wondered about doing the route in 2 hits of say week - 10 days each and using a bit of spare time to see a bit more ( its very different to North France and South Spain where the Brits tend to go ) and enjoy it more. Perhaps park up the bikes at a hotel or such and then return a month later say.

The chap in the video below did it in 12 days on a touring bike (no suspension, no motor). His video gives a pretty good overview. As @Llívia says, the roads/tracks look good and straightforward. It's certainly inspired me!

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Cool Vid, there's only one thing that maybe a problem, he looks a lot fitter, leaner and about 20 years younger than me, ah well I guess that will allow an Ebike but wheres all the charging points :)

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
Cool Vid, there's only one thing that maybe a problem, he looks a lot fitter, leaner and about 20 years younger than me, ah well I guess that will allow an Ebike but wheres all the charging points :)

He's about 40 years younger than me - and maybe just a tad fitter... :unsure:

I don't think charging will be a problem. He stayed in campsites and hostels each evening, and will have needed to charge his Garmin, cameras and the like. Also, this resource automagically downloads a pdf listing of all hotels, hostels, pensions and campsites for each of the usual stops on route. I do reckon, though, that it will be a 2 battery trip for me because I discovered in the Alps 2 years ago that I now get problems with altitude -> my heartrate won't go above 125bpm no matter what I do, so my legs just empty. As much as I don't want to, I reckon boost mode is going to get a hammering.

GrahamPaul

Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía

Excellent idea!

@Waynemarlow - this looks like the way for you to solve your time constraint. It's done over 7 days, each around 110km with a bit under 3000m of climbing. And there is an EMTB category!

Inscriptions are still being accepted by the looks of the website, although I don't give much chance for it running this year.

Interesting that it runs in June and the video shows so much rain and wet, because the blog I was reading was for someone doing it in May and having to start each day before dawn because of the heat. Messed up weather, I guess.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles