E bike haters..

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Got a carbon roadbike, a DH bike, a slopestyle bike, dirtjump bike, 4X bike, race BMX, enduro bike a trail bike and a commuter @Stanny_uk ?

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
Got a carbon roadbike, a DH bike, a slopestyle bike, dirtjump bike, 4X bike, race BMX, enduro bike a trail bike and a commuter @Stanny_uk ?

After buying all that...you can't afford another ebike ?

Yesterday we were on a group ride, about 5 mid priced emtb's . We stopped at an intersection and drooled over the high spec carbon xc bike - he tried the usual " you guts would be faster than me" line but none if us were silly enough to test the theory!

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
My favorite new pastime.. Winding up e bike haters on other fb forums I frequent... Its hilarious... This one goes down a storm... Ya ain't got one Coz ya can't afford one... Lol... Someone will shoot me one day!!! Pmsl... ?????? The crap the haters come out with..
Cool story, just drive that wedge in further to increase the hate and divide.
It’s just not worth the agro, and you will never change the mind if someone that has it made up. Better to let them carry on than join the tangent and add fuel to their fire and anyone stupid enough to listen.
Just a simple “✌️ Peace out Girl Scout” then a total ingnore has a far better reaching affect.
Just enjoy your ride and don’t get the haters backs up.

Stanny_uk

Oct 15, 2019
Uk

Yesterday we were on a group ride, about 5 mid priced emtb's . We stopped at an intersection and drooled over the high spec carbon xc bike - he tried the usual " you guts would be faster than me" line but none if us were silly enough to test the theory!
Na lycra bandit on xc bikes would still smoke us.. But I like food

Stanny_uk

Oct 15, 2019
Uk
Cool story, just drive that wedge in further to increase the hate and divide.
It’s just not worth the agro, and you will never change the mind if someone that has it made up. Better to let them carry on than join the tangent and add fuel to their fire and anyone stupid enough to listen.
Just a simple “✌️ Peace out Girl Scout” then a total ingnore has a far better reaching affect.
Just enjoy your ride and don’t get the haters backs up.
I did till a load of bells on another page slammed me on day 1 for posting my ebike findings.. Shot me to bits so thaught f... Em..

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
My favorite new pastime.. Winding up e bike haters on other fb forums I frequent... Its hilarious... This one goes down a storm... Ya ain't got one Coz ya can't afford one... Lol... Someone will shoot me
My favorite new pastime.. Winding up e bike haters on other fb forums I frequent... Its hilarious... This one goes down a storm... Ya ain't got one Coz ya can't afford one... Lol... Someone will shoot me one day!!! Pmsl... ?????? The crap the haters come out with..
Not encountered it yet up my way to be honest, but I'm an old grumpy cunt and served my time on ordinary bikes for a lot of years so would actually enjoy it if someone tried to criticise them .

MinusPrevious

Sep 5, 2019
So.Cal
After i got my first E-Bike, i had to find a forum. Went back to the grand ol MTBR but found no real soul there. Alot of E-bike hate threads on the MTBR

Found EMTB & really enjoy the fine Gents on this forum. Older crowd for sure & w/the intellect & wit i appreciate :coffee:(y)

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I do have all those bikes, as well as a few others including an Emtb... It's not about how much money I have, I just happen to like bikes a lot. and enjoy lots of different styles of riding. There is no "them and us" for me.

My come back to Stanny was going to be
ya ain't got 'em Coz ya can't afford em... Lol...
to let him see how ridiculous a retort it is.. but I couldn't be bothered ;)

Rich-EMTB-UK

E*POWAH Master
Aug 11, 2019
UK
I do have all those bikes, as well as a few others including an Emtb... It's not about how much money I have, I just happen to like bikes a lot. and enjoy lots of different styles of riding. There is no "them and us" for me.

My come back to Stanny was going to be
to let him see how ridiculous a retort it is.. but I couldn't be bothered ;)
Yes totally agree E-bikes aren't more expensive than top end carbon bikes you just get less for your money on an Ebike in terms of components etc to account for the price of the battery and motor. My Yeti cost more than my Expert Carbon Turbo Levo, well until I upgraded everything on it :)

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
Riding up a black run is a thing now - hard, but sometimes doable, and I'm sweating heaps by the time I get to the top !

CjP

PRIME TIME
Subscriber
Jan 1, 2019
Everywhere
I got a couple passing comments last year but nothing since. Most people I run into just want to have a chat about it, some are keen to try one, some are not ready to accept them in their life.
I do think though most have accepted they’re here to stay.
In the mean time go out, have fun and let them see the joy we experience with every ride.
I’ve been letting my analogue ride group one by one take out my old Kenevo. It’s such a beautiful thing to watch their faces change after the first hill. One of them has already bought a 2020 Kenevo and another one is buying one next week. It took just one ride hahaha

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I try to convert people by letting them have a go. My youngest convert was 7 years old and even with the saddle fully down he had to be lifted onto the bike. My oldest was 75! and I thought I might have to lift him on too! :)
What I have learned is to agree how far they are going to ride before they get on, as sometimes they don't want to get off! :)

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
There are haters, period. Those who hate red color, red shirt´s, red wine red fruit, red anything , those who hate bikers . Those who hate Ebikers in particular including some acoustic bikeres. Weel it´s a world of haters out there. So let´s ride, have fun and smile at them .:alien:

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
I wouldn't say I hated red it's just that BLACK is a far superior colour ;)
I'm not aware of BLACK wine so a nice dark red will suffice

depositphotos_101935692-stock-photo-glass-dark-red-wine-on.jpg

Last edited:

Darren

Sep 25, 2019
Warwick
Came across my first hater this week.... I was riding through my local park at the weekend on my new bike, when a young lad around 10 or 11 came bombing towards me from the other side of the park screaming "Hey mister we're bike buddies" I looked and he had an acoustic Trek with identical paintwork to mine.
As he got closer and spotted my motor his grin turned downwards as he exclaimed "Oh you big one cheat" and turned around and sped off before I could even respond.
Did make me chuckle.

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
It’s really a blue for ebikers

black and blue for those less skilled than you :rolleyes:

I was trying to think of somewhere legal that has a challenging uphill dedicated route. There's lots of rides around here with unofficially accepted directions people ride, but they're not sanctioned trails ( and get very little traffic) .

We really need some hardcore uphill tracks

Reactions: CjP

HGmtb

Patreon
Jan 16, 2019
Sydney
black and blue for those less skilled than you :rolleyes:

I was trying to think of somewhere legal that has a challenging uphill dedicated route. There's lots of rides around here with unofficially accepted directions people ride, but they're not sanctioned trails ( and get very little traffic) .

We really need some hardcore uphill tracks

There used to a couple of double black diamond climbs at Mt Stromlo in Canberra - maybe they're still there.

Climbing nearly impossible stuff is one of the the only things an eMTB can do that is very different to a manual bike - and I really enjoy the challenge of getting up really rocky climbs that previously I could only just get down.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles