E+1 or SX ?

Bandicoot

Mar 30, 2019
Newcastle australia
Hi guys new to ebikes currently riding 2018 Scott genius 720 I like xc, enduro, gravity enduro and blue/black DH flows tracks

Just about to buy new ebike and torn between the e+1 and sx

Also are shorter cranks needed if so what size suits best?

Thanks

RobNevyn

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Nov 19, 2018
Central Coast NSW Australia
I got the E+1 and I love it however if I had the money at the time I would have got the SX, don't get me wrong the E+1 is still an awesome bike especially for the money but I am now in the process of adding a bit of travel to the front and thinking of getting a coil shock for the rear as well.
Cranks are not that much of an issue for me, I have had a few pedal strikes but mainly due to my lack of technique.

Bandicoot

Mar 30, 2019
Newcastle australia
Thankyou yeah there’s a big sale on at the moment so I think I will just get the sx that way there’s no future upgrades as I know I’m always upgrading other things and adding $$$

andykent

Mar 12, 2019
Oetz, Austria
i bought a Trance e 0 and just upped the forks to 160mm, only costs about 50 euros and you end up with the geometry from the SX. Not so bothered about the coil as i like the easy tunability of the air shock.

The Flying Dutchman

E*POWAH Master
Jan 16, 2019
Wellington NZ
I actually wanted the SX but they didn't have make/sell them in XL :( Still extremely happy with the E1 and will likely get the travel extended in the front and may look at a coil shock down the road......but if you were to spend the money on upgrades that you save from opting for E! over theSX, you can get a better bike for the same $$

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles