Article Dyname 4.0 ebike motor

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
The Dyname 4.0 is a brand new motor. It has been developed by Rocky Mountain, and it can only be had on their ebikes. We quite liked the Dyname 3.0, but it was getting old. It was a bit chunky and heavy compared to the competition. The Dyname 4.0 is a much more lightweight and compact motor. Check out the video for all the details.We forgot to mention “walk assist” in the video. It’s there, and it works well. Push and hold the lower button on the remote to access it.

Continue reading...

Last edited:

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
Nice review (as usual) - thanks.

You say you can change/tune the motor assist power while riding via the menu´s.
Hmmmm......I dont like that if it¨s via the menu´s.
You´re then forced to remove your eyes from the trail.

I like the idea....but it needs to be simpler, like a scroll wheel at the remote, so you dont have to look down.
Just my 5 cents :)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I guess you can change the assist level just with pressing the up and down buttons. But I think what @knut7's saying is that you can actually modify/change/tune what those settings are whilst you're out and about, even whilst on the move like you would normally do with say e-tune or mission control.

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Yeah, that's right. You can switch between the modes as normal. Adjust how much Boost you get on Profile A can be done while riding. Switching between profiles too. No need to get the phone out. This requires you to navigate the menu, but it's still the most convenient solution I've tried.

aarfeldt

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
May 25, 2019
Denmark, Danstrup
I guess you can change the assist level just with pressing the up and down buttons. But I think what @knut7's saying is that you can actually modify/change/tune what those settings are whilst you're out and about, even whilst on the move like you would normally do with say e-tune or mission control.

Yak....I must have written it badly - this is just what I ment, and think it¨s a bad idea.

Badd0g

Mar 18, 2022
Canada
common sense says stop riding for 1 minute and change the profile. I have a 2022 RM instinct a70 powerplay and I love that I don't have to dig out the phone to change profiles 2 programable and the factory one. Another nice feature is 4 stages of assist with the RM vs shimano and specialized 3. I'm at 650 km 500km on true singletrack we'll see how it survives a Canadian winter but so far no negatives yet. I'm hoping with the bb separate from the motor it'll be a little tougher

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles