• How to use this section. To the thread starter: Once you are satisfied with the answer that youve been given, click the Trophy on the left hand side of the message. This will rate this answer as the 'Best Answer' and will change the question status from 'Unanswerd' to 'Answered'. All members can also upvote an answer with the 'Up' arrow, this will help identify the best answer.

Unanswered DVO Topaz T3

Pascal Funk

Apr 2, 2020
France
Hello,
I have had a Topaz T3 for 6 months on my Trek.
I inflate to 220 PSI (200 in the bladder) and each return from hiking (1 hour or 3 hours) it is 150 PSI :cry:
Leak? already?
I had a small oily deposit last month, and none since that day.
Need a guarantee?
Thank you

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Does it have a schraeder type valve? Just a quick easy check that dad showed me when I was knee high to something not very big; put some saliva over the valve port to see if any bubbles form. You could also make a detergent mix to check out all the seals / potential leaking spots. And, my last idea, do you lose any pressure when disconnecting the shock pump?

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Pas de fuite de valve (et il y a la buse)
Ne perdez pas de pression en statique .... Juste en conduisant.
It must be leaking somewhere. At this point though it doesn't look like an easy fix like replacing a valve. Finding out where the leak is will only help with the warranty. My concern would be because it doesn't lose pressure while static which makes it hard for them to reproduce the fault. Time to communicate with them? It may be an issue that they are already aware of?

Pascal Funk

Apr 2, 2020
France
I sent a mail to DVO USA. They replied to me to see with my seller ... Nothing more ... No explanations (and even less the sending of the attached kit)
I made a mail to Bike-Componets in Germany (my seller) and no response :(
DVO is over for me !

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Well, it's good to name and shame, just as it's good to name good business. Bike-components are no good by the looks of it. Hah! I've tried to shame them on FB; you guys could do the same :D. And Pascal Funk, you could change the title of this post to "No warranty support from bike-components". You would be doing other members a favour and you've pretty much established that this in not something that a fellow forum member can help you with. It may also help with shaming bc into doing the right thing!

Last edited:

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
Did you guys see fb? They've answered whining about outing them in public. Read fb. They've asked for your order # or ticket #. Both jump in via fb might have more effect ie give order # or ticket # via fb?

Pascal Funk

Apr 2, 2020
France
Tu me donnes le lien?
Sortez ce matin ..... Faites la fête à 220 psi ... Revenez à 150 psi.
On dirait qu'il ne veut pas plus que ça.
Je vais mettre 2 entretoises en positif et 2 en négatif pour que ce soit plus ferme.
Il y a toujours la possibilité de mettre le levier en «dur» mais trop de contraintes.
Thank's.....

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania

Pascal Funk

Apr 2, 2020
France
I just finished.Test firm ... It looks good.
200 psi bladder + 250 psi tube + rebond +6

IMG_1115.JPG

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
For future reference just bring it to the nearest bike shop that sells/services DVO products and they can sort out any warranty or service issues. No need to go back to where you bought it from. Also, bikecomponents in Germany are having shipping issues with DHL which explains the delays.....prior to the Covid19 BC have been excellent to deal with.

Pascal Funk

Apr 2, 2020
France
Oui, je vais attendre Septembre pour faire un entretien complet.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles