Dropper seat post removal.

Rik08

Jan 9, 2021
Leamington
Hi all……..I’m going to give my seat post a service, any tips or hacks that make removal from the bike easier would be appreciated.
Cheers ?
Make sure you push the cable into the battery compartment to as much cable as possible, maybe even loosen the dropper lever and move on bars to allow more to be pushed into Downtube. Loosen seat post clamp and pull out as far as possible, keep pushing cable into downtube.. at bottom of seatpost you can see the mount for the cable, release this to remove the post, a little fiddly but possible!!

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
^^^ That is decent advice. Only one thing to add, do not kink the outer cable under any circumstances, you can stiffen up the action to the point of becoming unusable with even a few degrees bend in the cable.

SwissMountainLeader

Mar 10, 2021
Switzerland
That’s funny, I just took mine off this morning. Different model but the advice is still good - get as much slack in the cable as possible and it’s easier to remove and refit. There’s a squeak and creak coming from mine so I was messing with that.

The cable ended up with a tiny bit too much tension after refitting so I took it off with the barrel connector.

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
South East Northumberland
Make sure you push the cable into the battery compartment to as much cable as possible, maybe even loosen the dropper lever and move on bars to allow more to be pushed into Downtube. Loosen seat post clamp and pull out as far as possible, keep pushing cable into downtube.. at bottom of seatpost you can see the mount for the cable, release this to remove the post, a little fiddly but possible!!

thanks for quick reply ?

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
That’s funny, I just took mine off this morning. Different model but the advice is still good - get as much slack in the cable as possible and it’s easier to remove and refit. There’s a squeak and creak coming from mine so I was messing with that.

The cable ended up with a tiny bit too much tension after refitting so I took it off with the barrel connector.

Thanks for quick reply ?

The EMF

🔱 Aquaman 🔱
Subscriber
Nov 4, 2020
Sorted dropper post yesterday afternoon……..f**k it was in a sorry state. Can’t believe how much shite was inside the dropper internals, the cable actuated trigger had virtually seized and the so called grease had turned into a thick grey paste..
I lubricated the top tube grommet with dry silicone lube and that enabled the cable outer to slide through no bother.
All in all a good service call….will order a re-fresh kit for next dropper service.

Wave

Jul 17, 2020
Emtbm3wavm2comp
I’m interested if other e150S owners have had this problem too? I took mine for a major service and also had this dropper post problem, trashed seals and muck etc. Mine was past redemption and I have had another on after 15 months and 500 miles. Cheap components for the original dropper …. disappointing.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles