Powerfly Dropper post options for a PowerFly 4 HT?

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
Anyone put a dropper on a Powerfly 4 HT? Looking at options for my partners bike, which is a Small. There's a local selling a Fox Performance Elite 31.6mm, 175mm drop, which looks to fit the bill nicely. The small has a 330mm standard post on the bike now.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
Small Powerfly 5 hardtail for my wife. I think it came with a 100mm dropper. I took the 130mm dropper off my PF 5 HT and installed it on her small trek. It fits her much better now. (I told her it was a new upgrade 🤫…I’m trying to qualify for a new Zeb fork for the Rail). I also added a new “ladies” saddle at the same time.

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
Right. Ideally the extended height would be at her current seat height. I'm new to droppers and suspension components - it's been a while since my last new MTB.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
She definitely likes the added hight.
I did the dropper dance awhile ago, Dropper post, Powerfly 5, small. - EMTB Forums ,with the bikes until everyone was happy. The 130mm dropper in her bike was a Bontrager model so the install was fairly straight forward. Installed a better controller also.
All this dancing around with droppers eventually got me a 170mm AXS Reverb. After a 7 month wait …I was finally happy 😊.

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
The stock dropper on my Levo is fine for now. Just took some getting used to, to get it to drop, since it's all new to me. But I do like having the dropper a lot. Aside, I almost went with the AXS GX derailleur kit when I blew up mine, which I know would have pushed me to the AXS dropper too. But if I destroyed my current GX, what would stop me from blowing up the AXS one too? ANYWAY - thanks for the input, I'll have to take some measurements to find out the right fit.

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
I worried about destroying the AXS GX derailer too. But it’s only tears 🥲, and the price of an AXS derailer has dropped a few hundred bucks 🙄. (I’m not making any sense here).

spicker

May 2, 2022
Newfoundland, Canada
Picked up a 125mm dropper for the misses’ bike. I guess I need to drop the motor for the internal cable routing? I managed to get it threaded from the battery compartment to the seat tube and up through, but I can’t get the cable in a place that’s out of the way for the battery to go back in

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles