dropper post on a Stance-e

Pdoz

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 16, 2019
Maffra Victoria Australia
gone quiet there skip

Sorry, it's midnight here - just woke up coughing because of smoke from the fires.

they can throw them to OZ
they have a long way to come to us lot

Another geography lesson - we're further away from canada than you are, but for some reason international orders ship from the uk.

have you got one skip

I'm just posting my experience - like I said earlier, I have 4 dropper posts on various bikes plus a giant post in the bin. Love the one up. I can't afford soecialized.

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
yes devistated to see the fires and loss of life and homes.
my sentiments and i would have thought every body on here
to all you people over there, you`re a resillient people (thats all
the castlemain 4x) and will re build again.
right back to droppers
i would have thought in the world we live in that the outer tubes
and the inner pressure vessel are manufactured in such as china/
taiwan.(only assembled elsware)
i remember i bought a Giant pressure tube think it was £34.50 (last year)
yes i thought that was bad at that price the One Up might be the same tube
with different numbers (food for thought, does the Giant fit i hear you say)
anyway i think the guy could re build his Giant with the bloody info on here
think that`s the lot for me
my regards to Dame Edna
the best ride is only ever one hill away
d`day cobba

Oldcrank

Jan 5, 2020
Albuquerque NM
I was curious. Did I get OneUp V1 (older) or newer V2...
LBS confirmed V2 with Giant control lever.
The Stance does not offer a lot of ‘room’ for the dropper so max travel in shortlist length helps.

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
The Stance does not offer a lot of ‘room’ for the dropper so max travel in shortlist length helps.
hi oldcrank , have you read any of the other posts

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
i remember i bought a Giant pressure tube think it was £34.50 (last year)
yes i thought that was bad at that price the One Up might be the same tube
with different numbers (food for thought, does the Giant fit i hear you say)
anyway i think the guy could re build his Giant with the bloody info on here
think that`s the lot for me
my regards to Dame Edna
the best ride is only ever one hill away
d`day cobba

The one up uses a completely different pressure tube to the giant - it is pressure adjustable, the plunger goes through a bush so doesn't stick against a clumsily pressed casing, and yet it costs less to replace ( at least in Australia ) . I know this because when my 12 month old giant dropper pressure tube died I spat the dummy and invested wisely.

ps you mention rebuilding earlier - replacement cartridges are cheaper than servicing cartridges on most of the big brand droppers. I hate this wasteful mentality , but having pressure adjustment hopefully means I can extend the life of the one up if / when it starts playing up.

It really is that simple - although if you're starting out fresh use the lever that one up recommends - it has a decent sized bearing so doesn't flop around like the giant, gas mire of a cam profile so is easier on the thumb , plus doesn't rely on a grub screw going through thin alloy to hold the cable. Irrelevant fact no 164 - there is just enough room on the giant lever to drill / retap a grub screw 1 mm up from stock ( after clumsy frustrated owners do a whoopsy in the shed.) . Of course, I only realised all this after ordering a new giant lever kit ($35 oz) ....so my knowledge about the one up lever is from drooling over my mates.

paul-g

Dec 27, 2019
yorkshire
wasn`t really worried wether it did or didn`t skip
i think ther`s better on the market and i`m sticking to that
last post skip
ttfn

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
A couple on ‘Auto Mode’.
Suggestions welcome. ?

I'm looking forward to trying my full e in auto mode!

If giant hadn't been so fantastic with warranty I'd be having to decide between a 2020 stance with all my full e good bits bolted on vs a heavilly discounted 2019 trance sx without the magic of the 2020 motor - high cadence support / auto mode.

A 2020 motor in my fullugly should be just about perfect for my needs.

Sorry about the thread jack...I'm just a little excited

Pdoz

Feb 16, 2019
wasn`t really worried wether it did or didn`t skip
i think ther`s better on the market and i`m sticking to that
last post skip
ttfn

Thanks for the chuckle.

That subtle refrence to castrated kiwis , the uncertainty of their intentions towards aussies AND the worrying question of what exactly is sticking to your post!

Struthbooth

Nov 20, 2019
Perth Western Australia
I fitted the giant contact switch 150 to my Stance E+2. Was pretty simple to install. Works great

5F47DEC6-1C7C-41CC-877C-4C68F4D4325F.jpeg

0806BCE6-AB6A-4B2D-8992-52F01625018F.jpeg

Squatch

Feb 20, 2020
Washington State
pnw rain.jpg

PNW Components 125mm Rainier. Medium Frame Stance. I have a 30 inch inseam. The housing is close to being bottomed out in the picture. This Post is better/smoother than my Specialized dropper.

peterk

Jan 11, 2020
Canada
View attachment 26837

PNW Components 125mm Rainier. Medium Frame Stance. I have a 30 inch inseam. The housing is close to being bottomed out in the picture. This Post is better/smoother than my Specialized dropper.
Thanks to all who posted. I spent a long time measuring and calculated the longest post I could put in was 400 maybe 410 mm, based on seat height and seat tube length (Medium). I ended up with a Brand--X 120mm from ChainReaction. Reasonable price, decent reviews. I considered their 150 but the overall length was a hair too long. It would have hit the pivot that goes through the seat tube. We still have tons of snow here so it remains waiting for its first real ride.

peterk

Jan 11, 2020
Canada
Given my leg length (32" inseam) and my seat height, I fitted a 120 mm x 410mm dropper on a medium Stance-e. I really don't think the 150mm x 459mm would have fit for me. Make lots of measurements before you commit to one.

hilli017

Jan 24, 2021
Hampshire
Alright lads,
I asked the giant store to fit one for me and they said they have to drop the motor out etc. Is that right? I have the xl frame any idea on Size for that?

peterk

Jan 11, 2020
Canada
I didn't have to drop the motor on my M. I was able to fish a nylon strap over the motor and then attached the cable to the fished strap. Quite fussy but doable.
And BTW, the Brand-X has survived about 1000 km. Still works fine but I actually don't use the dropper that frequently on rides. I find the lever quite stiff. It has developed a pretty good wiggle but not dissimilar to other models on friends' bikes.

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
Not really but will look at the ones suggested here. Trying to keep the cost down but don't want to buy junk.
Did you end up getting one mate? If so what did you get. I'm looking to buy a dropper post tomorrow for my Stance E+2 2021. Would be grateful if you gave me some advice

MrMarzocchi

Apr 26, 2021
Wales
And BTW, the Brand-X has survived about 1000 km. Still works fine but I actually don't use the dropper that frequently on rides. I find the lever quite stiff. It has developed a pretty good wiggle but not dissimilar to other models on friends' bikes.
Which model brand x?
Yeah follow the thread... Brand-X. It seems fine. A little wiggly and creaking too but that may just be the seat rails.
Did you have any troubles fitting it? Few people said it was a nightmare on here...I'm going to get the Giant one tomorrow morning and fit it in afternoon

peterk

Jan 11, 2020
Canada
120x410 in a medium Stance-e.

It was tricky snaking the internal cable but quite doable. I used a nylon strap as a snake and a vacuum to pull it up the seat tube.

Fahrmecan

Aug 22, 2021
Slovenia
Installed Rockshock Reverb today on 2021 stace E+2. It took me and friend about hour and half with bleeding, had to remove motor mount bolts just to lover a motor a few centimeters then you just need a bit of nerves and luck

E757C045-F67E-4877-8C6C-8C2CDC64FDBF.jpeg

Fahrmecan

Aug 22, 2021
Slovenia
Installed Rockshock Reverb today on 2021 stace E+2. It took me and friend about hour and half with bleeding, had to remove motor mount bolts just to lover a motor a few centimeters then you just need a bit of nerves and luck

View attachment 70919
Its Large frame and im 192cm tall
I installed 414mm long post with 150mm travel, it fits great but if i were a few cm taller i would choose one with 175mm travel

6DED04D8-7DEF-4AD2-8D44-FDE4E48CC541.jpeg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles