Dropper issues

Squidly

Mar 4, 2019
Uk
I have a Vitus e-sommet Vr with the brand X dropper (150mm version).

Went to go out for a ride at the weekend and the dropper wouldn't stay up.

I have removed the inner cable but cannot remove the outer cable housing. It seems stuck in the frame. There was one cable tie by the shock but I can't see anything else that would be holding the housing in place. Is there a cable tie I am missing somewhere?

The dropper does work fine with just the wire,the wire was frayed at the remote end with no cap put on it so not installed very well by CRC. I just want to replace the inner cable now and get it working(before I look at getting a new dropper lever in the future). I think I can do that with the outer cable as it is currently but am still a bit stumped as to where else the outer cable could be held in place. If anyone has any experience with this it would be appreciated.

tonyker

Jan 28, 2019
Surrey
I had a similar problem, the whole thing was not moving at all. I ended up replacing the whole cable, as i tried using force and it just messed it up more (n) To replace its a drop the motor job but its very simple and its just gear cable.

Squidly

Mar 4, 2019
Uk
@tonyker so there is another place the cable is held in which is inside the motor compartment?

I am a bit reluctant to open up the motor housing.

I am hoping I can just thread the new inner cable through the old housing and use that.

tonyker

Jan 28, 2019
Surrey
From what I found the cable is not held in any location in the frame, it was pinched between the frame and the motor. To remove the cable you don't have to open the casing at all. Its the torx bots that you need to remove, the motor pivots on the rear 2 blots and its much simpler then it looks. you have to remove the chain ring to give access to one of the bolts.
IMG_0346.jpg

Squidly

Mar 4, 2019
Uk
Thanks for the picture, very helpful.

My inner cables should be arriving today so will give them a try later on

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles