Do your trust your motor and battery 100% or do you have a back up bike when things do go wrong!!

Geeman

Nov 23, 2020
Uk
Do your trust your motor and battery 100% or do you have a back up bike when things do go wrong!!

GMLS

Jun 22, 2020
Surrey
Trust my Cube but still have an analogue bike as I see them as 2 very different machines and depends on what I'm doing

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
The Wild has been great, but I like changing things up. Even if you don't care for variety, having a back-up just makes sense if you can swing the cost and space.

Also, you can still easily whack a derailleur on a rock or need to replace the chain/cassette/chainring even if the motor and battery are 100% reliable. It would really suck to not be able to ride at all for who-knows-how-long waiting on a backorder.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
I don’t trust the motor so I have a fs bike, but also don’t trust the shock so I have a hardtail and as forks also may fail I have a rigid bike witch can be converted to single speed as we all know you can’t trust deraileurs.

cozzy

Aug 11, 2019
Basingstoke UK
I bought a decent backup pedal bike with that thought, plus i could use it for the odd uplift day and it had a lot of common sized parts, shock, brakes wheels etc.
I rode it 3 times in 5 weeks and quickly realised that if my ebike was out of action for any reason, then i would rather find something else to do that weekend rather than having to ride a non assisted bike. They are no fun whatsoever.

The Hodge

Mystic Meg
Subscriber
Sep 9, 2020
North West Northumberland
I bought a decent backup pedal bike with that thought, plus i could use it for the odd uplift day and it had a lot of common sized parts, shock, brakes wheels etc.
I rode it 3 times in 5 weeks and quickly realised that if my ebike was out of action for any reason, then i would rather find something else to do that weekend rather than having to ride a non assisted bike. They are no fun whatsoever.
Yeah ..how quickly we forget !?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles