Do you even squat?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
^ Yeah, that resting against the wall squat training is brutal. I used to do it together with my kids when we were doing BMX club racing as a family ages ago.

For maximum effect, your knees and waist need to be at 90 degrees with your back resting flat against a wall - so you look like a chair. We push ourselves to see who could do it the longest!

Speaking of training...

When I first got started with this eBike business, I used to gasp for air from my heart palpitation playing-up and I couldn't stay off my saddle long enough, even on a short 5 minute DH run. But things are so much better now and I don't do any training to go ride my eBike. Before I used to train to be fit enough to ride a bike. These days, I ride my eBike to be fit enough to enjoy better quality of life (despite my health ailments). Win win.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
And you @Zimmerframe have an idea. That's called wall squat and it is a good static exercise.
Good for skiers, but you have to have many different kind of exercises.

Build your strength and power.

Last edited:

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
If you are serious about increasing strength take a look at Stronglifts on the App Store.

There is also the 12 and 16 week fitness plans from MTB Fitness on Facebook.

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Wall squats was a popular exercise when I was a youth playing rugby. However these days I would be too worried that I'd mimic Bad Grampa, when he sharted, under the strain...

Another favourite, was to lay flat on your back, legs straight, arms out to the side, in the shape of a crucifix. Keeping your ankles together, raise your legs to about 5/6" off the floor, and hold. Smile and let the toning, begin... :)

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
Winter routine: Kettlebell deadlifts and swings, bodyweight squats on a balance board, glute bridges, planks and side planks, and hip clamshells with a resistance band.

One of the problems with cyclists is overfocus on quads. Don't fall into that trap. And doing squats on a balance board is an amazingly effective bike training exercise and core stability/core activation exercise.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles