Do you even squat?

Ryder77

Sep 26, 2019
United Kingdom
Bro ;-)

My weekly lowerbody workout consists of leg press, hip/lumbar extension, leg curl, leg extension, hip abduction, calf exercise and tibialis anterior... year round.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Does he mean work out ? Or is it a "global" question. It's pretty cold in Finland in the winter, if you only have an outside toilet, it might be that Fin's have developed the ability to avoid going to the toilet for the whole winter ? Before commencing the mighty Spring Squat ? A profitable time for plumbers in Finland !

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 14, 2019
Norfolk
Does he mean work out ? Or is it a "global" question. It's pretty cold in Finland in the winter, if you only have an outside toilet, it might be that Fin's have developed the ability to avoid going to the toilet for the whole winter ? Before commencing the mighty Spring Squat ? A profitable time for plumbers in Finland !

I think the bigger question is, what do Finnish plumbers do all winter, whilst awaiting the onslaught of the Spring Squat season? :unsure:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think the bigger question is, what do Finnish plumbers do all winter, whilst awaiting the onslaught of the Spring Squat season? :unsure:

Presumably they spend they're time home brewing millions of litres of some bacterial concoction which is capable of digesting the worlds largest man torpedo's. Either that, or trawling the internet to stock up on cheap rubber gloves whilst working a stress ball to get they're squishing abilities to Olympic levels.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
Haha! Do you think we behave like bears. The resin pin will be removed in the spring

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
"This is the day, your life will surely change
This is the day, when things fall into place" ..

“have you ever wanted something so badly, that it takes over your body and your soul?, through the night and through the day? Until you finally get it, and then it wasn’t what you wanted after all. Then the whole damn things starts, all over, again”.
the the

net wurker

E*POWAH Master
Sep 30, 2019
Huntsville, AL USA

pooh.jpg

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
That just reminded me of a funny toilet story ...

A few years ago we went to visit someone on their boat. They'd just install new "Self Cleaning" public toilets at the harbour.

They're a self contained stainless block.

The idea is that you put a euro in, or whatever it was, the door unlocks, the light goes on and in you go. When you come out it locks the door again and the whole interior is jet washed down.

The OH decided she needed the toilet so off she went .. Unfortunately ..... as she got there another lady was coming out and naturally, held the door open ...

So in she goes .. closes the door .. LOCK .. LIGHTS OFF ... PARTY JET WASH SESSION ...

she had all the change, so I had to borrow a euro off someone to let her out .. a very wet and unhappy person came out ..

We found out afterwards that there was a button you could press to escape .. but as it was pitch black and in the panic of being cold jet washed alive .. there wasn't much calm searching going on.

I couldn't help but laugh hysterically .... ..... it wasn't a very good day .... :)

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
Ok Guys ,you spoiled my fitness thread and it has been moved :D
Sorry mate. :)

I guess it’s always a risk starting a thread with no context. The blank space is just too irresistible not to fill-in with humour (especially with Zimmerframe around ;)).

I always deflect to the Z-man for any and all of my misplaced humour. :giggle: The Z made me do it! :LOL:

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Oh crap .. we're not going to have to be serious for a bit are we ?

OK ..

Well, I'll start .... this isn't easy is it ? .... Maybe I should give up .. I feel like that was enough ...

I rode a hard downhill section a couple of days ago for the first time in a couple of weeks. My thighs were on fire ! Not sure if this was just the break or added tension from the fact that I heard the hunters were meters away when I was half way down - so death was pretty much guaranteed either from my riding or being shot or eaten.

So yes .. maybe @Mcharza has a point ! (and a good plumber)

As an extra exercise before skiing I used to do the wall rest ?! No idea what it's called. Where you take a seated position with your back against a wall and hold the position for as long as possible. You can vary the intensity by varying your height/angle of your thighs.

It's a great exercise as you can do it pretty much anywhere, anytime .. and it's one of the few exercises you can safely combine with drinking a beer.

So might start doing that a bit more if I'm missing downhill runs for some reason. It gives me a good excuse to have a beer, not that anyone needs one ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles