Display bluetooth not found

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Hi,
I have a e7000 display on my Decoy 29 and recently have not been able to connect my bluetooth device to it. I use the app @mark.ai created to view the bike's exact battery percentage on my Garmin watch, and now for some reason I can no longer connect to my bike. I can connect my phone e-tube app to the bike when it is powering on only, but after that the bluetooth capabilities seem to disappear. The garmin watch bluetooth is turned on and the app is installed and in a constant state of "searching". I cannot see the bluetooth symbol on the display at all.

Has anyone experienced this before or have any suggestions for me to try?
Thanks,

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I can connect my phone e-tube app to the bike when it is powering on only, but after that the bluetooth capabilities seem to disappear.
I think that's the way it's designed to work. I imagine you have to do the same thing with whatever bluetooth device / app you're using. I'm guessing that bluetooth does not stay active if it does not connect to something in that small time frame while powering up. I see this as a good thing re security and power usage.

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
I think that's the way it's designed to work. I imagine you have to do the same thing with whatever bluetooth device / app you're using. I'm guessing that bluetooth does not stay active if it does not connect to something in that small time frame while powering up. I see this as a good thing re security and power usage.
For the first 6 months of owning my bike that was not the case. I could turn my bike on, and 10 minutes later come back to it with my watch, toggle the switch to eco, then the Bluetooth symbol would light up on the display, and within 10 seconds my watch would be connected and I could see the battery percentage of the bike. Same thing with my phone and the app.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
For the first 6 months of owning my bike that was not the case. I could turn my bike on, and 10 minutes later come back to it with my watch, toggle the switch to eco, then the Bluetooth symbol would light up on the display, and within 10 seconds my watch would be connected and I could see the battery percentage of the bike. Same thing with my phone and the app.
That surprises me, but OK. Have you done an update recently? Also are you able to delete the connection and create a new one?

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
That surprises me, but OK. Have you done an update recently? Also are you able to delete the connection and create a new one?
I updated a few weeks ago and that did not solve the problem. I have disconnected the bike from the app, and even created a new bike password, but that has not helped.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I updated a few weeks ago and that did not solve the problem. I have disconnected the bike from the app, and even created a new bike password, but that has not helped.
I questioned the update because I thought it might be the cause. Was this about the time your trouble started?

rb.

Apr 27, 2020
San Jose, usa
Ok, solved them problem and the fix was easy and I should have been smart enough to try this before anything else. I just uninstalled the app on my garmin watch, the installed again. Guess what, I can now see battery percentage again.

Jape

Apr 14, 2021
Finland
I had problems to connect on bluetooh by phone to Shimano.
Problem solved by unpairing the Shimano from the saved bluetooth devices on my phone.
Then made connection and pairing again. Now works.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles