Discovered a silly walk mode benefit today.

Robert5280

May 19, 2020
Lakewood Co
I'm in Nederland (but figured nobody had heard of it, and technically it's Boulder county), which makes that an even more accurate assessment I think.
I lived in Nederland (= The Netherlands, as in a country in Europe) for a good number of years, but have also visited Nederland outside of Boulder on numerous occasions. On my last time thru, I stopped in at the Black Forest Restaurant .... a german restaurant which I believe has closed in the last few years?

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
It has closed, and I actually live down that same street a short ways. Hilariously, Nederland, CO is said to have the same name origin as The Netherlands. I read it means lowlands, and when miners from northern europe came over here, they could go down from their mining sites into Nederland to trade, referring to it as Nederland because it was low in comparison. At 8200' above sea level :D

Robert5280

May 19, 2020
Lakewood Co
@speedkills - I would be interested to learn if there are some good singletrack options in your area that you recommend for eBiking. I realize that in Boulder County itself, they disallow eBikes on the singletrack. Do you have any info that you could provide me (perhaps as a file attachment in your reply to me) with some ride recommendations?

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
Jefferson County is the way to go for trails that have gps tracks of them. I've been enjoying Golden Gate Canyon State Park.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles