• Warning!!

Riding a tuned or deristricted EMTB is not a trivial offence and can have serious legal consequences. Also, many manufacturers can detect the use of a tuning device or deristricting method and may decline a repair under warranty if it was modified from the intended original specification. Deristricting EMTB's can also add increased loads for motors and batteries. Riding above the local law limit may reclassify the bike as a low-powered bike, requiring insurance, registration and a number plate.

Be aware of your local country laws. Many laws prohibit use of modified EMTB's. It is your responsibility to check local laws. Ignoring it, has potential implications to trail access, and risk of prosecution in the event of an accident.

UK Pedelec Law

Worldwide Laws

We advise members great caution. EMTB Forums accepts no liability for any content or advice given here. 

Disappointed with ebiketuning.com.

kemp990

Oct 19, 2018
Seoul, South Korea
I am riding 2019 Specialized Levo and purchased Peartune derestict kit form ebiketuning.com about a year ago.

After the purchase I just kept the kit without using, because the LSS I had work flawlessly, however over the time, LSS got worn out and I finally decide to install

Peartune kit a few weeks ago.

After the installation, it did seem like it worked...only for 5 seconds.. maybe 10 seconds.

Then TCU flashed error code.

KakaoTalk_20200626_133107706.jpg

re connect the cables several times and turn-off and on the power several times.
and

results were all same.

The kit works for less than 10 seconds.

So I decided to contact the seller, ebiketuning.com

Because I remember I ask their help for choosing the right kit for my bike model before the purchase

see the msg. below

KakaoTalk_20200701_182604580.png
KakaoTalk_20200701_182638097.png

Thankfully Ann Kristin helped me with her kindness and instructed me with specific model I had to buy for my bike.
She was helpful and her reply was very fast.

and now with this problem comes up and started to reach out for the very same help from her.

and after several communication over the e-mail.

She told me that I have to buy the latest kit for my 2019 Specialized turbo levo....the kit I purchased as per her instruction is not working with my bike.
And she doesn't provide proper explanation for the kit not working....Is it because that I purchased it a year ago and never used it?

If my bike is 2020 model, and I purchased the kit a year ago without asking their instruction I understand it is 100% my fault.

But My bike is 2019 model and the kit I purchased was a year ago in 2019 and after having their assurance e-mail that the kit is compatible with my bike.
i put the kit on a few weeks ago and it did not work....

i do not think it does not make any difference even if i put it on in 2019 right after my purchase...since i am riding very same bike still.

So they sold me the kit basically not fit-able for my bike from the beginning. and telling me to buy another kit.

And I am not getting any more reply from them since she told me the followings.

This is the way how they deal with their mistake.

KakaoTalk_20200701_190620470.png
KakaoTalk_20200701_190632818.png

So anyone willing to purchase derestict kit form them, please be aware their word can be wrong...and your kit may not work with your bike....even if they say so....and if this happens to you....you have to buy another one also without any guarantee it will work.

and it seems like they do not know how stand behind their words.
Very shameful...

Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

kemp990

Oct 19, 2018
Seoul, South Korea
Updated result.
The refund has been made finally and it took 3 weeks (mostly due to package traveling time back to the seller) from the start.
Now my complaint has been closed.

Kalts123

Jan 25, 2021
Estonia
I had similar. Ebike tuning doesnt replay my messages about deffective speedbox 3. They replay very fast when I wanted to buy another chip with a differrent email. But now I'm dissapointed. Chip doesnt work and they downt replay. Seems like they doesnt care about costumers!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles