Disable the last battery juice for the Di2

jpaulo.emtb

Sep 12, 2018
Portugal
Today I went ride with a friend that has a Specialized Kenevo and he finish the ride with 1% of battery remaining. In my bike (steps 8000) i still had 7% a the motor was turn off. It's seems that do that to save battery for the Di2, but i don't have Di2. Why I can't use the remaining 7% of battery to the motor???

I can see the % connecting my garmin to the shimano system.

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
I've been down to 2% and 3% battery a few times (I use a Garmin too) - not tried going lower than that.

One time I did have the motor suddenly turn off at 8% like you describe, so it might be something similar. I'd been in boost going up a hill for about 10 mins when it suddenly turned off with no warning: E8000 turned off all assist modes at 8% battery - EMTB Forums

If this ever happens to me again I'll try turning the bike power off and then on to see if it lets the motor work again (this worked when I tried it about 30 minutes later).

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
How accurate is the Garmin data on the battery? Might just be an anomaly in how it reads the battery?

mark.ai

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Jul 10, 2018
Windermere
How accurate is the Garmin data on the battery? Might just be an anomaly in how it reads the battery?

It feels like it is very accurate, but honestly I have no idea! :) It starts at 100%, goes down 1% at a time, and never goes up during a ride, but it could be making up a value for all I really know :)

jpaulo.emtb

Sep 12, 2018
Portugal
I've been down to 2% and 3% battery a few times (I use a Garmin too) - not tried going lower than that.

One time I did have the motor suddenly turn off at 8% like you describe, so it might be something similar. I'd been in boost going up a hill for about 10 mins when it suddenly turned off with no warning: E8000 turned off all assist modes at 8% battery - EMTB Forums

If this ever happens to me again I'll try turning the bike power off and then on to see if it lets the motor work again (this worked when I tried it about 30 minutes later).

Before the motor it turn off, i was using the trail mode. Maybe it's the battery 'saggy' effect.

braaten22

Mar 24, 2019
Norway
Hello 25th february this year we released an firmwire updrade for the drive unit. the reason why the battery cuts out earlier is becuase of 1 rule i Germany that it should be enough power to drive lights in 180 min after the suport is cut off. If you upgrade your DU to latest firmwire at a local BS witch has OEM user on E- tube they could set the light cut down to 40 minutes and thene you would have engine support for longer time.

stiv674

E*POWAH Elite
Mar 4, 2019
Wiltshire
That's good to know, although it should be adjustable with the E-tube app, it's a mountain bike not a road bike. How many people have lights running off the internal battery? :rolleyes:

braaten22

Mar 24, 2019
Norway
In Germany alsmost every E bike have been speced with lights from internal battery ;). But yes it would be nice to change it from the app ;)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles