leeds england
Product Image: View attachment 8795
View attachment 8796
View attachment 8797
View attachment 8798

Product name: Dirtlej Dirtsuit Pro
Price paid: £225
Score (out of 10): 10

Review: A month ago 6 of us entered The Real Ale Wobble in Llanwrtyd Wells. Its a very relaxed event consisting of a 34km route with stunning views , a mix of terrain , monster climbs and pit stops serving beer ? All good so far .
There is one catch though , The Weather , it's in mid November in the Welsh mountains. I did this event 2 years ago and it was brutal !! Wind and rain mudfest.
So like a mug i signed up again
Forcast was good , 10 degrees , sunny and clear. It had been foul in the week preceding so we were expecting a slopfest.
Undeterred, i packed my best waterproofs determined not to be beaten.
I was feeling quite smug as i donned my kit .
Until i clocked 2 of my mates slipping into what can only be described as a waterproof onesie. My first reaction was WT dickens !!( im far too polite to use the other word ). After a bit of customary banter and abuse i now started to get kit envy.
This is a quality bit of kit . Well thought out by designers who are bikers.
This model is 15000 waterproof and 10000 breathable. Pretty tough but flexible, non restrictive fabric . Nice touches like well placed waterproof zipped pockets that arnt too deep. Stowable hood that's large enough to fit over a helmet . Armpit and thigh zipped vents . Elongated angled cuffs to sit over gloves. Velcro cinch points at the hips and cuffs. The shorts are long enough to cover the knee when pedaling.
The idea is to get as filthy wet as possible . Peel of the suit and drive to the pub .It's certainly fit for purpose as thats exactly what my 2 mates did at the end of the very muddy ride.
I was so envious that i bought one . Took it on its maiden voyage yesterday and sought out as much mud and dirty water as i could find . I couldn't stop grinning. Absolutely luv it !!!
Hosed it down and hung it up to drip dry in my garage ( It is machine washable )
Any negatives ?? Not for me ,but an observation
Im not a fan of full length trousers so this suit is perfect for me . I prefer shorts , knee pads , 3/4 or full length tights and sealskin socks when its grim outside
Inevitably below the knee is going to get minging . I can live with that. If you can't then Dirtlej do other options with full legs that can zip of at the knee. One version has removable arms as well.
Check out their website for details

I paid £225 for it which isn't cheap but compared to other options is actually good value
Im determined to ride all winter , give one of these some thought if you are too.

Pics below with my best catalogue model poses for your delectation ?

Hey there, could I trouble you to advise on the sizing? I'm a 34 waist, 40 chest, would a large work okay with stuff like padded shorts or thin body armour underneath? Also how is the breathability, its 100% polyester on the inner which will just trap heat like a bitch in theory? The outer layer might perform differently but still....cheers in advance

Doomanic

🛠️Wrecker🛠️
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 21, 2018
UK
I'm a 42" chest and the L is fine. Just. So should fit you OK, possibly with body armour as well.
Also how is the breathability, its 100% polyester on the inner which will just trap heat like a bitch in theory? The outer layer might perform differently but still....cheers in advance
It's OK. There's plenty of zips for cooling, but depending on the weather you might not want to open them. There's always a trade off though; you want to keep the outside climate out, some of the inside climate will be trapped inside. Are you planning on some sort test rig involving a hose, some kitchen towels and a stopwatch?

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
I agree with Dom , go large , especially if you plan to wear armour underneath.
Also agree with breathability comments.
Loads of vents which really help .
If its really filthy weather then close the vents to keep the weather out , of course there's a trade off with internal condensation but I've never felt uncomfortably wet in one , a bit damp at worst .
With the correct layering underneath it wont be a problem

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I'm a 42" chest and the L is fine. Just. So should fit you OK, possibly with body armour as well.

It's OK. There's plenty of zips for cooling, but depending on the weather you might not want to open them. There's always a trade off though; you want to keep the outside climate out, some of the inside climate will be trapped inside. Are you planning on some sort test rig involving a hose, some kitchen towels and a stopwatch?
Good lad!

carlbiker

🛡️🚵🛡️
Sep 15, 2020
leeds england
I agree with Dom , go large , especially if you plan to wear armour underneath.
Also agree with breathability comments.
Loads of vents which really help .
If its really filthy weather then close the vents to keep the weather out , of course there's a trade off with internal condensation but I've never felt uncomfortably wet in one , a bit damp at worst .
With the correct layering underneath it wont be a problem

looks great other than some reviews claiming it’s probably better to go with shorts/jacket combo on the whole. I already have a goretex jacket so will see how that works, if it wasn’t for this I might have ordered, think I saw some going for £127 when I had a quick looksie

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles