Did you change your seat?

Albez

Sep 14, 2018
United Kingdom
I was wondering if anyone changed the seat on their jam2 bike for something else or made do with the seat that came with the bike?

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
I changed mine as I find all saddles that come with new bikes are awful!

I bought that Ergon new ebike saddle and I do like it

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
I found the saddle (if we are talking about the one that is in two sections) pretty uncomfortable, especially as you spend a lot more time sitting on it on an e-bike.

Just get one that you're used to.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
I believe your Jam is a carbon Steve and I was looking forward to seeing it at Cannock on Saturday. Shame you didn't make it, you missed some really hairy stuff.
It is indeed a carbon Peaky, but I'm pretty sure that it looks like the alloy one but with fewer welds. I don't know whether the specific colour of blue is reserved for the carbon version or not. But its worth paying the extra just to get the colour!
Focus.jpg

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
I was wondering if anyone changed the seat on their jam2 bike for something else or made do with the seat that came with the bike?
I found below options to be really comfy. Settled for Selle SMP Drakon as I preferred its form better but any of these would be a good option to choose from:
  • Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow L3 Women's Saddle - black (no mistake here, this exact saddle fits males perfectly and is used by many folks from my local bike community)
  • Selle SMP Drakon Saddle - black
  • SQlab 610 Ergoxlux Active MTB Saddle Width: 14cm

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
Thanks guys, will check out options mentioned, just cant handle the one that comes with the bike.
I ordered several saddles from Bike24 and did a "protected" test ride with each. I covered the saddle with commuting-style seat cover (really thin so I can still feel the saddle profile) and covered the rails with electric tape to avoid scratches. I kept the one I liked the most and returned the rest, 14 days seemed more than enough to make a good impression on each saddle. Just make sure to ride at leats 50-100 km on each.

Peaky Rider

E*POWAH Master
Feb 9, 2019
Derbyshire Dales
It is indeed a carbon Peaky, but I'm pretty sure that it looks like the alloy one but with fewer welds. I don't know whether the specific colour of blue is reserved for the carbon version or not. But its worth paying the extra just to get the colour!
View attachment 12760
Sorry for hijacking your thread Albez but hopefully your question is answered.

Mine is that colour Steve but I particularly wanted a Drifter hence the alloy frame (the c/f Drifter is £7000 and has Di2).
I've always had c/f pedal bikes and they are with out doubt much cleaner/neater looking and whilst I have seen pictures and videos of a c/f Jam, none of the dealers near to me has one and I was just hoping to see one in the flesh, or do I mean plastic.

Peaky

Last edited:

Lad

Nov 15, 2018
Australia

Carbon Jam is not available in the Colonies :eek:, otherwise I would already have one. I'll keep dreaming...

As for seat, it was first thing I changed. Blue Nukeproof Horizon, much better.

S D

Mar 26, 2019
Shelley
Yes, went for a Fabric as I have them on my other bikes, light and comfortable for me .
The OG one was terrible .

Xeretic

Feb 11, 2019
Russia
After a few rides I found out that my Spesh seat is too wide at the area where my legs connect to my body, feel too much pressure on the inner side of my hips. I guess it's time to swap it for Selle SMP Drakon from my fatbike )

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles