Did we make a section for homebuilt bikes?

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Once upon a time there were Three Little Pigs. The first pig built his house from straw. Along came a Big Bad Wolf. ‘Let me in little piggy, or I’ll huff and I’ll puff and I’ll blow your house down’, the little piggy refused, but the Wolf wouldn’t back down and with a huff and a puff, he blew the little straw house down. The piggy ran on to his brother’s house.
“The second pig built his house from wood. He told the third pig to stick with him. He knew that timber was strong, sustainable and would look great in their rural setting. When the first brother came knocking, they welcomed him and sat tight. The Big Bad Wolf arrived, made his threats. He huffed and puffed but the timber house did not fall down. He tried and tried but it was just too strong.
“The Three Little Pigs settled in, enjoying the beauty, comfort and environmentally friendly home they created and were never bothered by the Big Bad Wolf again. They even installed a living roof and energy monitoring technology to further reduce their environmental impact.”
The End

or is it?

I see a sequel in the making

The 3 little pigs Part II - The big bad wolf builds an Ebike

Mabman

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Feb 28, 2018
Oregon USA
There is more than a good chance that any lithium battery will catch fire if you start messing with it without knowledge of what you are doing. I juggle two batteries between three bikes with hundreds of charge cycles with no issues. I don't leave them on the charger and don't open them up and mess around inside them either.

In the RC world they use Lipo batteries and they are way more touchy about charging and being a pouch type they will puff up or puncture and POW. There goes the garage.

Sounds like this particular Darwin Award Nominee had no clue what he was doing and he paid for that result. Should have consulted YouTube first as anything on there that describes dealing with Li batteries that I have seen warns against touching terminals or any metal object with the cells. But on the other hand whole eBike shops have torched too.....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles