Did I make the right choice?

Noobster

Aug 12, 2019
Yorkshire
Hi all,

As you can tell from my name I'm not really an expert in MTB but rode an Ebike and now I'm hooked. Purchased myself a vitus e sentier and looking forward for its arrival.

Anyone have any info or experience on these? Bought because it looked head and shoulders above the rest of the competition in this price bracket.

While I am in experienced (I would say so anyway) I have been having fun in the last year throwing my hardtail (calibre line 10l) around trails and doing 2-3 foot drops and maybe jumping for a max of 6 foot. With the extra weight and engine will the virus be capable of all this and more so I can progress with it?

I do know something like the sommett would have been a wiser choice but over £3000 for a bike is just beyond my means at this time in my life.

Thanks all !

Simoto123

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Aug 6, 2019
North west
Just enjoy your bike my friend. As soon as ebikes get their claws into you you will realise that your budget actually will allow you to spend more. A lot more! Man maths will see to that, regardless of actual gender or current financial position.

With that said, my 30 odd years of experience is screaming cancel and save a little more. At this time of year especially. In the not very long run this will save the purchase price of the sentier. How many kidneys you got? It's worth it.
Hit the ground running on a beast in spring. Let your old bike sit in the garage all winter getting rusty and losing money. Maybe you'll get a good price for it at Christmas.

Please dont burn me people. Years and piles of money wasted have taught me that a little self control will pay huge in this exact situation.

Pukmeister

Jul 18, 2019
Fareham
My budget was around three grand which would have got me a nice hardtail. I waited until the new 2020 models were due out and then pressed a hard bargain on a brand new 2019 full suspension bike, not much over my intended budget so I got a great deal. I know each year the bikes get better, but can't justify paying another £1200 for the same bike with a few improvements and different colours. The bike I bought is more than good enough for my ego and ability, I can't out-ride it with my basic skill set either on trail or downhill ( in fact I can't get near its potential performance).

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles