Devinci AC XT is here :)

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
Arrived today, although Freeborn forgot to put the charger in the box, will arrive tomorrow.

Thoughts so far, bike is size Large, it's long, much longer than my Lapierre SX800. Reach is just a few mm shorter than an XL Kenevo.

Chainstays are pretty short as well. Not ridden it yet as still faffing about with setup, plus battery is flat and pedals don't arrive until tomorrow.

The Geometry feels sweet, almost Moto like which is what I was hoping for. The suspension is plush, the Factory Fox Shock and Forks are gonna be awesome. Will go Tubeliss at some point as well.

Screen Shot 2018-09-19 at 19.05.52.png

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
So nice - if i hadn't have got my Vitus i would have got one of those, so well thought out, burlier bearings and so forth in the linkages, and one hell of a bargain from freeborn

TPP

Oct 1, 2018
Leeds
@Interpaul Now you've had the Devinci for nearly a month what are your thoughts? I'm trying to decide between an AC a DC and a Kenevo. How have you found the tires and was the coil spring the correct rating for you weight?

If anyone has ridden any of the above please share your thoughts

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
@Interpaul Now you've had the Devinci for nearly a month what are your thoughts? I'm trying to decide between an AC a DC and a Kenevo. How have you found the tires and was the coil spring the correct rating for you weight?

If anyone has ridden any of the above please share your thoughts

Yes have had 4 weeks now and ridden it a lot. Absolutely love and rate the bike, it's quiet, efficient and the factory suspension is the best I have ridden, almost moto-like :)

The coil shock with 500 spring is good for me. I am not heavy 78kg but with the weight of the bike and back pack 500 is perfect. I think coil shocks work better on e-bikes, if you have a choice between coil and air - take coil. A lot of 2019 ebikes are coming with coil options.

The Minion DHF and DHR are just awesome. I was like you I considered the Kenovo and have ridden one. But the crappy butcher tyres and the dropper on the Kenevo were deal breakers and would have required spending more on the bike.

The AC XT is ready to go, you get Fox Factory suspension for the same price as the DC which has an air shock.

I also find the pedal efficiency of the bike to be excellent, it does not bob around anything like as the Kenevo and is predictable. The finish is also amazing and changing the battery takes a couple of seconds.

I have owned a Lapierre Overvolt SX 800 for over 2 years. I had to change the air shock to coil as it just couldn't cope with the weight of the bike. It is a good bike but the Devinci is so much nicer to ride, smooth, quiet and the geo suits me better.

You will not be disappointed with the Devinci AC XT, seriously great bit of kit and the components, bearings etc are as good as you can get. I have done over 50mph on a steep single track descent a few times on the Devinci, it's unstoppable and super stable.

TPP

Oct 1, 2018
Leeds
Did the bike come as standard with a 500lb/in coil? On freeborn website it says 400
If 500 is good for you at 78kg I'm going to need something considerably stiffer as I'm 105Kg
Also what sort of range are you getting?

Interpaul

Jun 18, 2018
Edinburgh
I reckon the text on the website is copied for the medium size frame.

Range depends on lots of things like steepness of terrain and if you are in eco or trail mode. had no issues with range so far, it's been awesome.

I have found the bike to be as efficient as my mates Canyon Spectral:ON, but they have same motor/battery.

The 500 spring may work if you increase the preload, but you can buy a heavier spring for £50 so not a big issue.

Am sure the XL frame has a 550 spring BTW

TPP

Oct 1, 2018
Leeds
freeborn have said they can change the spring at a reduced cost...
shouldn't be too much if full price is £50

Feb 12, 2019
italy, brescia
I've been riding my AC NxGx for 750km ; I'm very happy with it but I had a problem with my Fox DHX2: after a little fluid burping it lost all the hydraulic oil. Did anyone else have this problem?

Cooldaddygroove

Jul 11, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I have the same AC/XT in orange and have been riding it for almost a year here in BC (Canada). It has been a fantastic eMTB, my first was a Cube Stereo Hybrid 160. I really have no complaints about the bike. I swapped the shock spring for a heavier one and put a couple discs/spacers in the fork as I am 220lbs.

I did develop one issue with the battery, it first surfaced as a problem when the handlebar controller showed red, meaning, battery dead, yet the LED battery level indicator on the battery itself still showed 2 out of 5 bars. The bike went in to limp mode. Very frustrating especially when out for a ride with buddies on eMTB's (one of which is the same model as mine).

Anyways, a couple weeks ago after a ride I noticed the battery would not charge. Fortunately the Shimano rep now live in Vancouver and within a few days was able to bring his testing equipment in to my local shop and diagnose it as a faulty battery. They are replacing my battery free of charge.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles