Derestricting Levo 2020

AlwynM

Jun 5, 2020
Liverpool, UK
Hi guys, just picking your brains with this one.

The assistance is cutting out at 15.5mph on my 2020 FSR, even though I'm using Planet3.

The magnet and cogs seem to be OK and I know if this wasn't rotating freely then I'd get the blue and red error stripes on the TCU. Which is why it is puzzling. Why is the assistance cutting out even though P3 seems to be working fine?

It's as if it is being restricted by some other means.

jsharpe

May 15, 2019
USA
Hi guys, just picking your brains with this one.

The assistance is cutting out at 15.5mph on my 2020 FSR, even though I'm using Planet3.

The magnet and cogs seem to be OK and I know if this wasn't rotating freely then I'd get the blue and red error stripes on the TCU. Which is why it is puzzling. Why is the assistance cutting out even though P3 seems to be working fine?

It's as if it is being restricted by some other means.
How are you measuring the speed you are going? If you are using the Specialized app or some other one that is getting it's speed from the bike then using a planetary mechanism it would think the bike is going only 15 when in reality it's going some ratio faster than that. That's basically the point of the planetary derestricting systems. The bike is being fooled into thinking it's going slower than it actually is. Some Applications such as Blevo have a setting to correct for this and display the actual speed. Of course if you are using a different speed measuring system such as GPS on a Garmin or phone then something else is going on.

AlwynM

Jun 5, 2020
Liverpool, UK
@jsharpe Thank you for replying. I''m not using any device to measure the speed. It's just that the bike is behaving as it was when it was new and restricted.

I turned on the Mission Control app for a few minutes when I was riding home from work the other night and my speed barely went over 16mph.

A couple of weeks ago,I updated the firmware. I''m wondering if that has anything to do with it

It's annoying because its almost doubled my commute time.:(

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles