Usa
Paint job so far ..Goes easy on me fellas . Lol

View attachment 93964

20220807_143713.jpg

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
View attachment 94267
Anyone had any problem mounting the motor into the frame? Mine does not align properly..
Mine was quite tight. I had to get one bolt started, then tap it home with a hammer, then the next, tap it in, then the third and tap it in.

Just make sure that you don't have any wires or connectors getting squashed. And double check your rear derailer cable, and brake hose, to make sure that's not obstructing anything.

RAW76

Jun 2, 2022
California
Mine was quite tight. I had to get one bolt started, then tap it home with a hammer, then the next, tap it in, then the third and tap it in.

Just make sure that you don't have any wires or connectors getting squashed. And double check your rear derailer cable, and brake hose, to make sure that's not obstructing anything.
The pad around the white cables on the motor already pressed into the frame. Can't go any further than that. Might be frame defect?

CaptainBobt

Jun 23, 2022
Usa
The pad around the white cables on the motor already pressed into the frame. Can't go any further than that. Might be frame defect?
I did a cold fit on mine before painting and I had the same issue I just trimmed a sliver at a time off the motor wire grommet with a razor it fits fine now I took maybe a 16th of material off .. hers a pic for ya

16599374881782184847421850023471.jpg

CaptainBobt

Jun 23, 2022
Usa
Thanks guy

I thought of doing that. Just making sure it's not frame defect..Thanks for confirming.
Glad I could help just be careful dont accidently nic a wire .. lol.. Ya I thought possible manufacturing flaw as well but I think it's just bafangs choice for grommets I thought of possibly filling out the frame, but this is much easier and has no effect on the motor . Let me k ow how it goes ..

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
D
Interesting to see others Strava details in comparison where the throttle is not used. I used just over 60% of my 800Wh battery on this ride, using about the same energy and yet nearly twice the distance and almost 40% more elevation, with the same average speed on probably similar single track.

View attachment 94273
Totoally different motors with the m600. And different riders, since my vax myocarditis I've put on a fair bit of weight and I'm now over 100kgs. I'm also not pedalling much aswell, as I don't want to aggrevate my heart injury. (I'm still getting occasional chest pains after my rides, 10 months after my jab.) I am trying to build up to fitness slowly.

But even still, I did set 2 x KOMs and a few top tens aswell, so the motor is def working.

My brakes are also making alot of dust. Which I've never had on any MTB before. So all that energy is probably going straight into the disc rotor at each next corner.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
My brakes are also making alot of dust. Which I've never had on any MTB before. So all that energy is probably going straight into the disc rotor at each next corner.
Sounds like you, your bike, your motor all could benefit a lot from having a rethink on how you ride. Smashing it on full throttle and then wasting that energy on braking hard on an already over heavy bike, is really not doing much for average speeds, all its doing is just deminishing your bikes range and raising your heart rate from excess adrenalin, something your heart consultant I would hazard a guess at, is warning against. Think smooth and the fast will come without the drama.

But then we all like that little buzz adrenalin brings :cool:

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
I think alot of it has to do with not riding for nearly a year. I've lost alot of that bike skill. I don't have the speed or confidence i used to have. So im probably over braking out of caution. Aswell as that, ive lost alot of bike fitness, i dont have the body strength back yet to maintain good riding posistion for long periods. So I find myself starting off in a good riding position, but half way down the trail, and im sitting down with the dropper post half mast, and that isn't great for manoeuvring fluidly. But even in these last couple of rides I can feel improvements with my bike fitness. So that doesn't really bother me, as I can feel it's coming back.

That ride for example was probably only the 5th or 6th ride since my injury. I'm slowly getting my eye back in and building confidence, and building up the bike fitness, ie leg/arm/torso strength. Once I've got the bike fitness back, I can start to work on the cardio fitness.

With the pedalling, I'm holding back, probably a little more than I need to. I'm proper scared of pushing elevated cardio output and having a heart attack. It's a big mental hurdle aswell as physical. The adrenalin rush doesn't really cause me issues. But when I physically over exert. That's when I get subsequent chest stuff, usually that night and following day. I know its to do with physical output, vs adrenalin rush. As I get it even after a big day at work sometimes, with zero adrenalin.

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
I would like the ability to adjust the throttle characteristics. Or somehow link it to PAS level or something. The throttle is very on/off. It does have some proportional variability to it, with how you press it. But it's not very much. Its more like an on/off switch. And it's full output no matter which PAS level is selected.

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 31, 2020
UK
I would like the ability to adjust the throttle characteristics. Or somehow link it to PAS level or something. The throttle is very on/off. It does have some proportional variability to it, with how you press it. But it's not very much. Its more like an on/off switch. And it's full output no matter which PAS level is selected.
What type of throttle are you using?
Different throttle designs have inherent dead points as you press down on the lever.

Bare with me as I look for the different throttle designs compatible with the bafang protocol.

Also, have you experimented with the PAS %? If the peak value per each level is set too 100%, the throttle will always give maximum power.

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
With the pedalling, I'm holding back, probably a little more than I need to. I'm proper scared of pushing elevated cardio output and having a heart attack. It's a big mental hurdle aswell as physical. The adrenalin rush doesn't really cause me issues. But when I physically over exert. That's when I get subsequent chest stuff, usually that night and following day. I know its to do with physical output, vs adrenalin rush. As I get it even after a big day at work sometimes, with zero adrenalin.
I ride with a guy with a known heart problem, he always rides with a heart monitor chest belt linked to his Garmin display, it warns him with a beeper if he is approaching his set heart rate.

The early Brose motor and the Blevo App will do all the hard work for you and adjust the amount of motor power to reduce your heart rate to prevent too higher rate, all without any hint of a throttle.

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
What type of throttle are you using?
Different throttle designs have inherent dead points as you press down on the lever.

Bare with me as I look for the different throttle designs compatible with the bafang protocol.

Also, have you experimented with the PAS %? If the peak value per each level is set too 100%, the throttle will always give maximum power.
The standard throttle that came with the motor package.

It seems to give exactly same throttle response no matter which PAS is selected

bram.biesiekierski

Apr 18, 2022
Perth WA Australia
I ride with a guy with a known heart problem, he always rides with a heart monitor chest belt linked to his Garmin display, it warns him with a beeper if he is approaching his set heart rate.

The early Brose motor and the Blevo App will do all the hard work for you and adjust the amount of motor power to reduce your heart rate to prevent too higher rate, all without any hint of a throttle.
Getting a smart / fitness watch with heart monitor / basic ecg is something on my todo list. I haven't yet though. For now, I'm just trying to avoid entering that high intensity cardio zone. Which is working pretty well so far I think. I do obviously get my heart rate up riding. But it's not the high heart rate so much as it is the high cardio system work output which is what seams to cause me issues. Kinda hard to explain, but it's more or less dependant on how hard your exerting vs just a faster rate of beat.

I am waiting on the Australian Government Vaccine Claims Scheme for some compo. I lodged a AUD $17K claim back in June, but they are having a hard time processing the high numbers of claims they are receiving.

I dont have a brose, I have an e22/ultra. So that's out of the question unless there is a hack to make it work on the ultra.

Last edited:

CaptainBobt

Jun 23, 2022
Usa
Looking for conformation on the Battery comm plug for the m620 I'm assuming we leave this unplugged seeing stock battery doesn't have this port ..??

BonBond

Jun 19, 2022
Sussex
Yay, frame arrived! :love:

Unfortunately I don't have any forks yet and need to get a battery built....plus going on holiday, so won't be starting the build until I'm back.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles