Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Thank you @thaeber , I think you are using Magura brakes. I would also like to install Magura MT5e brakes with MDR-P 203mm disc on both wheels. What adapters do I need in this case?
My fork will be rockshox lyrik ultimate 27.5" 160mm.
I only run the Magura rotors, but Shimano Saint brakes. Front 220, Rear 203. Front adapter will be PM 160 - PM 203, rear You need PM 180 - PM 203 mm. There are many options to buy those adapters from, they are quite common. Take the cheepest ones, no need to spend loads of money on fancy milled adapters, they all do the same :)

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
I only run the Magura rotors, but Shimano Saint brakes. Front 220, Rear 203. Front adapter will be PM 160 - PM 203, rear You need PM 180 - PM 203 mm. There are many options to buy those adapters from, they are quite common. Take the cheepest ones, no need to spend loads of money on fancy milled adapters, they all do the same :)
I can't find a Magura MDR-P 203mm disc brake they are sold out so I will probably have to buy a 220mm for both wheels.
What are the compatible adapters in this case?
PM 180-220mm?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I can't find a Magura MDR-P 203mm disc brake they are sold out so I will probably have to buy a 220mm for both wheels.
What are the compatible adapters in this case?
PM 180-220mm?
Yes, but check if Your fork is released for 220mm!

Sixdays

Nov 22, 2020
MAN
Guys, just building my 2nd Chinese bike. Last one lasted just over 6 years of hard bashing so delighted with the quality.
Im in the process if assembling the E10 and just stumbled upon fork issue . Going with Fox38 and they offer various rake sizes. 37,44 &51mm?? Which one should I go with?
Also they E bike option but I think I’ll give that a pass. More expensive and probably just a marketing ploy. Thanks

Sixdays

Nov 22, 2020
MAN
My frame has arrived today, but without a battery.
Dose it usually arrive separately or with the frame?

its standard. They seem to ship everything separately. I got the frame first, then 3 weeks later the motor and still waiting for the battery.The reply I got from dengfu was that battery is delayed as customs are all over packages from China. Should be too long

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
The frame is painted very badly, is this normal or just the frame they sent me?
20220503_215016.jpg

20220503_214906.jpg

Sixdays

Nov 22, 2020
MAN
This is Dengfu's response:
It is not bad painting, but UD carbon weave. UD glossy is just like this.

I find this frame so unacceptable, it looks distorted.
I personally think you might have chosen the wrong finish or you might be confusing Uni directional carbon for a conventional weave carbon. Im not defending Dengfu here, but this is the standard glossy finish on this type of carbon. As I said to you previously OE manufacturers make the bikes in the identical finish. I have personally seen Specialized in UD carbon finish. Something like the photo below.

1FA38EE3-AF7A-48ED-9B0A-B953C81F5950.png

4618A83E-65E4-4E24-AA53-4CB1C8335BA3.jpeg

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
I personally think you might have chosen the wrong finish or you might be confusing Uni directional carbon for a conventional weave carbon. Im not defending Dengfu here, but this is the standard glossy finish on this type of carbon. As I said to you previously OE manufacturers make the bikes in the identical finish. I have personally seen Specialized in UD carbon finish. Something like the photo below.

View attachment 87497

View attachment 87498
Yes, you are absolutely right.
Maybe it's my fault, I had a different perception I didn't know glossy carbon would look like this.
But this is a half-truth.
When I asked Dengfu what the glossy carbon frame looked like, they sent me this photo, which does not match the frame that was sent to me:
DSC_0963.JPG

Last edited:

Sixdays

Nov 22, 2020
MAN
Sorry to hear that anyways. If it makes you feel better, I have the matt version and I will still be painting in a different colour. I just think they look very plain in carbon black. This is the colour I will go with.
ps: not my photo, saw this on FB

3555340C-84BD-4EBB-B421-9A0761B81B91.jpeg

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Sorry to hear that anyways. If it makes you feel better, I have the matt version and I will still be painting in a different colour. I just think they look very plain in carbon black. This is the colour I will go with.
ps: not my photo, saw this on FB

View attachment 87500
Nice color (y)
I don't have any experience with painting, I haven't tried that before. So I will try to accept the frame with the unique waves :) The important thing is that it is flawless.
Thank you for trying to console me I'm much better now. 😃

SchadowMaster

Aug 12, 2021
Germany
Thank you, I also noticed that the screws were not tightened to the maximum torque. For example, a screw with a maximum torque of 8 Nm is tightened at 5 Nm. Should I tighten the screws to the maximum torque or a little lower to preserve the carbon frame?

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
I discovered that there is no grease in the screws areas, should grease be applied to these areas or is this intended because the frame is carbon?
View attachment 87543
Why would you put grease on the outside of the bearing seal or am I reading your question incorrectly. All the action takes place within the bearing where only a light smear of grease is needed as its a low speed movement. Technically if you fill the void between the bearings then all you are doing is attracting dirt which eventually will get under the seal and damage the internals.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Why would you put grease on the outside of the bearing seal or am I reading your question incorrectly. All the action takes place within the bearing where only a light smear of grease is needed as its a low speed movement. Technically if you fill the void between the bearings then all you are doing is attracting dirt which eventually will get under the seal and damage the internals.

Personally i prefer to intercal a few silicone grease between the bearing and the washers to prevent moisture insertion and bearing grease washed. I have constated the effiency yesterday when i have dismantle link to check (+-1 year use and low pressure karsher wash). Clean, grease present and no dust sticked (but 1 bearing change needed), but i don't ride in muds. Of course i don't put grease between bearings and contact surfaces.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles