Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

goRt

Oct 20, 2021
Original Hampshire
then those are the wrong ones .... you need to remove them and replace by 16mm bushings ...

You can use a special tool RockShox Rear Shock Bushing Tool For Slide Bushings

or a hammer and the right inserts or sockets from a socket wrench to hammer them out ;)

I've ordered the tool with the bushings (although I have a selection of large hammers)

Offset

Bushings
Jun 18, 2020
UK
Rob clearly wrote (but I thought it only applied to offset):

You’ll need some shock hardware. The size is as follows

16.5mm x 8mm linkage
32mm x 8mm frame mount

I got mine from @Offset

you can find it here - Shock Bushings | Dengfu E10 Bafang

www.offsetbushings.com
£24

Thanks for the order sir!

It looks like the other chap received wrong size bushing from Dengfu or their shock manufacturer. Rear bushing is 16.5mm in width - we produce them almost daily now for E10 owners in fact in both standard drilled and offset.

Thanks,

Jeron @ Offsetbushings.com

Kucko

Oct 23, 2021
Slovakia
I've ordered the tool with the bushings (although I have a selection of large hammers)
You should have ordered 16.5x8mm and 32x8mm bushings from Melody right away, as I did, and they fit perfectly. And only for the price of 8usd ...

Dancarbon

Jul 16, 2021
Twickenham
This thread is for generally discussing "The CHEEB" and the DENGFU E10, opinions, thoughts and so on so as not to clutter the main Cheeb build thread so it's easier for people for find technical information. Technical discussions and build information can be found in the main CHEEB build thread here :

Motor and battery arrived a few weeks ago. Bafang M500, 95nm, 48v system with EU 250w rating. Battery is a 840Wh huge in tube battery.

View attachment 51120

Frame:
Full Carbon frame set with fairly (by China frame standards) modern geometry.

I ordered the XL, 510mm in reach. HA is 66 degree but I will run bigger fork and mullet, so likely end up around 64.5 ish.

The frame is from Dengfu. They even supply full leverage curve, anti squat, pedal kickback etc graphs and figures! No idea of accuracy, but at least they are included

Frame is called the Dengfu E10 and here is the link. For some reason its labelled as E11 on the charts, but the Dengfu E10 is the actual product.

Ebikes are getting crazy expensive. Many brands are hitting over £10,000 for the high end builds.

A lot of people would like to get into ebiking but the big barrier to entry can be the price.

Can an ebike be built at a reasonable cost? What if you already own a lot of parts and would like to put them towards something new?

Since frame / motor sets are pretty much non existent in the ebike world, this seems like it could be a viable option to build your own decent ebike at a very reasonable price

I want to build a full carbon 170 / 150mm travel ebike for under £4k. I’m also super curious how it’ll perform against the big dogs.

I want to see what the associated risks of doing this are.How long does it take, shipping, warranty, build etc etc.

It’ll have a RockShox Zeb, Super Deluxe ultimate, DT Swiss H1700 wheelset, Shimano 10 speed drivetrain, and yes, it all comes in at less than £4000 for a full carbon ebike with proper components.

Goal is sub 24KG. I think I can do it!

COSTS:

The frame set, battery and motor costs, including U.K. Shipping and duties had a total cost £1,694.44

Current total build cost, even including tyre sealant is £3888.55. This could further be reduced by ‘downgrading’ fork to a Lyrik, the Shock to a Select, and the wheelset to a H1900 set from DT Swiss. With that kind of setup it’ll be around £3400.

You’ll need some shock hardware. The size is as follows

16.5mm x 8mm linkage
32mm x 8mm frame mount

I got mine from @Offset

you can find it here - Shock Bushings | Dengfu E10 Bafang

www.offsetbushings.com
£24

Frame has arrived and so far it seems great. Finish is good quality, cable runs seem decent. Includes headset bearings, seat tube clamp, steerer tube expanding head doctor thing (bit like Hope's version), battery release key, wheel axle, bottom battery cover that can be removed with hex keys (x4 bolts).

View attachment 51125

View attachment 51131

View attachment 51130
Hi Rob just out of curiosity, what psi was you running on your rear shock?
Many thanks

mdlampe

Jul 4, 2021
uk
Hi all, I have seen one chat on the E10 lower battery charging point, but don't seem to have a nut to go on inside of the frame the back of the connector to hold it in place. Did anyone have the same problem?
20220106_141749.jpg

Dancarbon

Jul 16, 2021
Twickenham
I’m having a problem with my m600, any advice would be much appreciated.
I was riding last week with about 60% battery left and then the bike cut out. I turned it off then on again and it was showing 1% then cut out. It continued to do this after trying a few times. I then tried turning it on using the button on the bars (under the +/- power level buttons) leaving the one on the side of the frame (next to key lock) off and it went back to 60% and rode fine.
It now is doing this all the time and there is a gritty sound when I press the on button on the side of the frame like sand could have gotten inside.
Anyone experienced this/ any advice?
Many thanks, Dan

Hagbard

Aug 25, 2021
York
I’m having a problem with my m600, any advice would be much appreciated.
I was riding last week with about 60% battery left and then the bike cut out. I turned it off then on again and it was showing 1% then cut out. It continued to do this after trying a few times. I then tried turning it on using the button on the bars (under the +/- power level buttons) leaving the one on the side of the frame (next to key lock) off and it went back to 60% and rode fine.
It now is doing this all the time and there is a gritty sound when I press the on button on the side of the frame like sand could have gotten inside.
Anyone experienced this/ any advice?
Many thanks, Dan
Sounds awfully like my experience. There's a thread I posted somewhere on here called "cheeb issues" or similar. Have a read of this and see if it helps. (Short version, sounds like something is wet. Use a hairdryer to dry everything thoroughly).

Dancarbon

Jul 16, 2021
Twickenham
Sounds awfully like my experience. There's a thread I posted somewhere on here called "cheeb issues" or similar. Have a read of this and see if it helps. (Short version, sounds like something is wet. Use a hairdryer to dry everything thoroughly).
You absolute legend, I’ll get out there and have a go at drying it out, many thanks 🤞

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
The UK is in real mudsville terrain at the moment and I've been having some trouble with the standard Bafang front crank ring catching the chain when full of mud and wrapping itself fully around the ring ( chain suck ). The chainguide has consequently taken a beating and finally after tightening it again for the umpteenth time, I fully removed it and fitted a standard 104bcd 36T narrow wide front crank ring.

Been good so far and not had any problems with derailing nor chain suck. Do we need the chain guide, possibly not.

snappy_tom

Jan 11, 2022
Australia
BB is at 358 mm with mullet wheelset. Sounds high, but considering 170 / 180 mm travel and 30% SAG according to my preferences, perfect. Almost no pedal strikes with standard 170 mm cranks.

I'm planning on doing a mullet setup and have got a 210x55 rear shock, but working out if I should go for 180mm or 170mm travel for the forks. Trying to work out how this would impact geometry / BB height. Will I be regretting this if I go for 180mm and not having 216 x 63 mm on the rear?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
With 180 mm It will drop Your HA by appr. 0.5 deg, and lower Your BB apr. 8mm. Not really a big thing. May be it will feel a little unbalanced due to the difference in travel 180mm vs. 150mm. I would go 170 mm on the front.

mdlampe

Jul 4, 2021
uk
I did it. Took her out for her first run. Been doing the final touches over the last week like mudguards and chain guide. I will post all the specs later but its the Bafang M600 on the E10 frame with 27.5 wheels front and back, Rockshox Yari fork, Fox seat dropper, 11 speed cassette, Brooks Cambium C15 seat. Very comfortable ride, a few pedal strikes. Rear shock needs stiffened up a bit. Motor very responsive and quiet. Got to 34 kph on flat with throttle. Motor made some noise at top speed. Cant wait to try in on some trails, though these country roads are almost trails, potholes, mud, field muck, etc. Really enjoyed building the bike. Thinks that need tweaked are the rear shock and spongy rear brake.

20220211_161551.jpg

20220211_161559.jpg

20220211_161610 (1).jpg

20220211_161631.jpg

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
I did it. Took her out for her first run. Been doing the final touches over the last week like mudguards and chain guide. I will post all the specs later but its the Bafang M600 on the E10 frame with 27.5 wheels front and back, Rockshox Yari fork, Fox seat dropper, 11 speed cassette, Brooks Cambium C15 seat. Very comfortable ride, a few pedal strikes. Rear shock needs stiffened up a bit. Motor very responsive and quiet. Got to 34 kph on flat with throttle. Motor made some noise at top speed. Cant wait to try in on some trails, though these country roads are almost trails, potholes, mud, field muck, etc. Really enjoyed building the bike. Thinks that need tweaked are the rear shock and spongy rear brake.

View attachment 81920

View attachment 81921

View attachment 81922

View attachment 81924
Nice chameleon!

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
does somebody know the pantone code of this color ? does it existing pantone code of this kind of paint (chameleon) in color more clear ?

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
does somebody know the pantone code of this color ? does it existing pantone code of this kind of paint (chameleon) in color more clear ?
It's not listed on the pantone code. Sale rep can show you a few changing paints option and mine is also chameleon :)

E10-chameleon1.jpg

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading
Has anybody ever had trouble with the display not turning on sometimes it does other times it doesn't pike was working fine then trouble no error codes

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Has anybody ever had trouble with the display not turning on sometimes it does other times it doesn't pike was working fine then trouble no error codes
Yes, mine. At the begening when the motor is hot (after +- 1 hours of ride), the on/off button sometime do not acting. In first i have removed the timer to switch automatically off (to don't be blocked during exit). At the end one day, i can't switch on. In same time i had fighting with dengfu/bafang (during 3 months) to purchase an controler (without solution), i had finished by ordering an complet spare motor, bafang have also accepted to repair my motor, i have sent the controler/diplay/wiring to the Eu service center. They don't found failure, but they have replaced the controler. i have received the two, new motor and new controler +- in same time (2 week after complete fails). since no problems. Now, it seam you can buy controler. I recomand to check all connections before change something.

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading
Yes, mine. At the begening when the motor is hot (after +- 1 hours of ride), the on/off button sometime do not acting. In first i have removed the timer to switch automatically off (to don't be blocked during exit). At the end one day, i can't switch on. In same time i had fighting with dengfu/bafang (during 3 months) to purchase an controler (without solution), i had finished by ordering an complet spare motor, bafang have also accepted to repair my motor, i have sent the controler/diplay/wiring to the Eu service center. They don't found failure, but they have replaced the controler. i have received the two, new motor and new controler +- in same time (2 week after complete fails). since no problems. Now, it seam you can buy controler. I recomand to check all connections before change something.
I checked all connections and all are in can you tell me where to buy new wiring and controler from thanks for reply

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I checked all connections and all are in can you tell me where to buy new wiring and controler from thanks for reply
For me it was not a problem of wiring, i have checked with another one stored in spare (display, remote, cable to motor) and the problem still occurred. I can't recommend a controler supplier in particular, because i haven't purchase one. But if you search a few, you can find now several supplier who propose it. But may be you ccan try also to initiate warranty request ?

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading
For me it was not a problem of wiring, i have checked with another one stored in spare (display, remote, cable to motor) and the problem still occurred. I can't recommend a controler supplier in particular, because i haven't purchase one. But if you search a few, you can find now several supplier who propose it. But may be you ccan try also to initiate warranty request ?
Thanks tryed bike today and seem to be working ok sprayed WD 49 on all connections see what happens next time I'm out for a long ride

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles