Dengfu E10 - The CHEEB V1.0 - Discussion

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
Well frame turned up today. Didn't expect it to look so big. It is a medium (17") looks ok though. 120mm HT.
That's everything I ordered from China. Now just need to build it up. You can see the charger hole is on the left side now. There is a key to unlock the battery aswell which I like. Anyway hopefully my healing from the fall and the build will coincide. I like how thick the frame wall's are too.

16208961013982019296707.jpg

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Well frame turned up today. Didn't expect it to look so big. It is a medium (17") looks ok though. 120mm HT.
That's everything I ordered from China. Now just need to build it up. You can see the charger hole is on the left side now. There is a key to unlock the battery aswell which I like. Anyway hopefully my healing from the fall and the build will coincide. I like how thick the frame wall's are too.

View attachment 61392
I like the fact that the whole fot charging now is on the side. Will be better in case of rain. Enjoy your build ✌

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Many thanks! So I think frame weight is - like mine - ~ 4.3k. I measured it on a kitchen scale, just want to know if all the frames out there are far above weight spec at 2.8 kg..

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Many thanks! So I think frame weight is - like mine - ~ 4.3k. I measured it on a kitchen scale, just want to know if all the frames out there are far above weight spec at 2.8 kg..
Spec weight will prob be bare carbon frame only, no linkage or hardware.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Spec weight will prob be bare carbon frame only, no linkage or hardware.
Probably....but quite frankly: If You quote a frame weight, expectation is that the weight is including everything, but w/o rear shock, shock mounting hardware, rear axle, headset. And 1.5 kg delta to spec is out of any tolerance ?

Totom

Mar 12, 2021
France
Hi everybody,

I've just completed my "French CHEEB" !!! with a M600 and 29 wheels. I'm quite excited after the 2 months waiting!
It' my first e-bike. I've tested it yesterday. It rides quite well downhill (not too heavy) and I had to use my breaks going uphill !!!

I have few issues though :
=> Erratic speed reading at very low speed (jump to 60 over km/h and back slowly). It has the consequense of cutting the motor power... Quite anoying while climing steep trail...
=> I find the lowest power mode way to powerfull (the gap between 0 assist and 1 assist is very high)... Any way to change that?
=> I can't modify the wheel setting from 28" to 29"... looks to be an read only information???

Any help welcome.

T

Bogdan

Mar 11, 2021
Slovenia
=> I find the lowest power mode way to powerfull (the gap between 0 assist and 1 assist is very high)... Any way to change that?

I did not try but perhaps if you change to 9 level instead of 5 the first are less powerful. Has anyone some experience if this could help?

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
Hi everybody,

I've just completed my "French CHEEB" !!! with a M600 and 29 wheels. I'm quite excited after the 2 months waiting!
It' my first e-bike. I've tested it yesterday. It rides quite well downhill (not too heavy) and I had to use my breaks going uphill !!!

I have few issues though :
=> Erratic speed reading at very low speed (jump to 60 over km/h and back slowly). It has the consequense of cutting the motor power... Quite anoying while climing steep trail...
=> I can't modify the wheel setting from 28" to 29"... looks to be an read only information???

Any help welcome.

T
The speed jumping up and down sounds like a connection fault to me. Make sure all the connection are dry and no pins are bent etc. Will be following with great interest.

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia

Check the cable connection on the speed sensor that connects to the rear wheel sensor that's mounted on one of the spokes.
Also check the distance and alignment of the spoke sensor and the sensor reader that's mounted on the rear frame arm is within specification.
Go into the display settings and post up the errors shown.

Could be related to the first issue. Get that fixed first as no-one else seems to think the level one assist is high; most reports say level 1 to 3 are not that good.

It does appear to be that way. Could be Bafang's way of a compromise between 27.5 and 29 - and perhaps their firmware/software isn't sophisticated enough [conjecture] to change max speed/odo readings etc. even if it was altered.

Last edited:

Thediesel233

May 11, 2021
Cali
Have you tried aliexpress? There are resellers on there that sell dengfu frames. It's worth a look.
I checked a few days ago and nothing. Checked again just now and they actually have one on there. $3,000 usd shipped with battery and motor. Seems a bit steep price wise.

Last edited:

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
I checked a few days ago and nothing. Checked again just now and they actually have one on there. $3,000 usd shipped with battery and motor. Seems a bit steep price wise.
I paid $2300 included shipping to Australia. Prices are going up but that is a bit high. From down here you look to have a good deal with luna cycles anyway. My build so far has cost me $5300 Australian and I still need handle bars, brakes, dropper post, seat and pedals. And ???

Totom

Mar 12, 2021
France
Check the cable connection on the speed sensor that connects to the rear wheel sensor that's mounted on one of the spokes.
Also check the distance and alignment of the spoke sensor and the sensor reader that's mounted on the rear frame arm is within specification.
Go into the display settings and post up the errors shown.

Could be related to the first issue. Get that fixed first as no-one else seems to think the level one assist is high; most reports say level 1 to 3 are not that good.

It does appear to be that way. Could be Bafang's way of a compromise between 27.5 and 29 - and perhaps their firmware/software isn't sophisticated enough [conjecture] to change max speed/odo readings etc. even if it was altered.

Many thanks. I solved the first problem : the spoke sensor was a bit too close. When l push the bike, the speed reading is fine now.

I still find the level one assist way too power full (M600). Is there a way to play with the motor inverter parameters ?

Strange that the wheel size can't be adjust?

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
Many thanks. I solved the first problem : the spoke sensor was a bit too close. When l push the bike, the speed reading is fine now.

Great!

I still find the level one assist way too power full (M600). Is there a way to play with the motor inverter parameters ?

Strange that the wheel size can't be adjust?

Yes, you can change the amount of level assists from 0-5 to 0-9 [and 0-3 for those that live on Mt. Everest].
On the display, go to Settings [press + and - at the same time] and scroll to Settings, then scroll down to the last option, Assist Mode and select 0-9.

Wheel size change would be through the besst toolkit, unless you pre-order that config through your dealer. A search on besst reveals a few topics on this forum, most say you need to order through a dealer. Same for the wheel size.

Last edited:

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
Hello all. Now the fun starts. Battery fully charged by the supplied charger. All plugged up and get error code 30. Any one else have this? For the brief moment I have a display it flashes a dead battery. Bike not built yet just thought I would test it all first. Any help please. Thank you

Ok problem solved. Plug in the display you dummy. It was plugged in but not completely.

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Great!

The most likely way to change the amount of level assists from 0-5 to 0-9 [and 0-3 for those that live on Mt. Everest] would be through the besst toolkit, unless you pre-order that config through your dealer. A search on besst reveals a few topics on this forum, most say you need to order through a dealer. Same for the wheel size.

Could you develop please. how ? you are sure (you have performed these adjust) or you think so ?

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
Could you develop please. how ? you are sure (you have performed these adjust) or you think so ?

Sure: The Assist Mode change can be done via the display [updated my post above].

Wheel size via besst toolkit - have seen an image of a display with a 26" wheel set. As to whether 27.5 or 29 can be set remains to be seen.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Sure: The Assist Mode change can be done via the display [updated my post above].

Wheel size via besst toolkit - have seen an image of a display with a 26" wheel set. As to whether 27.5 or 29 can be set remains to be seen.
Ok i have not well understand, i thought you saied you can modified the assist level of each mode.

Of course you can change the qty of mode (3, 5 or 9) but the 1st level and the last is the same for all choice and the 2nd level of 3 coresponding at level 5 of 9

But if i clearly understand, this is not the problem of totom. I understand that he is find the first level too powerful.

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
Ok i have not well understand, i thought you saied you can modified the assist level of each mode.

Of course you can change the qty of mode (3, 5 or 9) but the 1st level and the last is the same for all choice and the 2nd level of 3 coresponding at level 5 of 9

But if i clearly understand, this is not the problem of totom. I understand that he is find the first level too powerful.
I think what patdam is trying to say is if you increase the number of levels, the difference between 0 and 1 should be reduced. Now this is how it works on a lot of e-bike drives, you can think about it like having more gears and the ratio between them gets smaller. This spreadsheet assumes that 0 is no assistance.
1621236965788.png

Dengfu

Mar 29, 2021
Australia
I think what patdam is trying to say is if you increase the number of levels, the difference between 0 and 1 should be reduced. Now this is how it works on a lot of e-bike drives, you can think about it like having more gears and the ratio between them gets smaller. This spreadsheet assumes that 0 is no assistance.
View attachment 61701

I would assume this is the case for the Bafang too. Would be pointless having the same assist in those lower assist levels even when changing the settings.

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
View attachment 61701
I have not (again) the M600 to confirm. but it seem you are true and me wrong. On my M500 the 1st level seem the same to all 1st level , whateved the qty of mode selected. But i return to see my old BBS programing sheets and effectively the 1st level do not coresponding. Where do you find this spreadsheet ? it is for the M600 ?
N° of level
0​
0​
0​
1​
1​
2​
1​
3​
2​
4​
2​
5​
3​
6​
7​
4​
8​
3​
5​
9​

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
I just made the spreadsheet to illustrate a point. The BBS motors have completely user programmable levels and the array of settings that the selected level points is for 9 levels. This saves space on the controller and makes the logic easier. It's a pity that the M series don't or maybe the way the level is mapped means that the 1st level always points to the higher power setting. I've not tried mine yet as I'm still waiting for the frame, but if it is problematic the only real solutions would be an alternative controller (messy) or accessing hidden settings using the documentation on endless-sphere and a BESTTOOL canbus module.

I think there are also other firmwares versions floating around on endless-sphere too which might be worth a try.

M600 thread

Found this image in that thread which suggests you can alter the assist levels (from bafang besst tool software). Although it may well be inaccessible depending on how the supplier has had the drives setup according to that same thread :-(
1621240466540.png

Last edited:

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
I just made the spreadsheet to illustrate a point. The BBS motors have completely user programmable levels and the array of settings that the selected level points is for 9 levels. This saves space on the controller and makes the logic easier. It's a pity that the M series don't or maybe the way the level is mapped means that the 1st level always points to the higher power setting. I've not tried mine yet as I'm still waiting for the frame, but if it is problematic the only real solutions would be an alternative controller (messy) or accessing hidden settings using the documentation on endless-sphere and a BESTTOOL canbus module.

I think there are also other firmwares versions floating around on endless-sphere too which might be worth a try.

M600 thread
For those i have understand (with my bad english). It exixting only 3 revision of software and only for the M600.
the 1st 14.4 is the original provided by bafang
the 2nd 14.5 it is one develloped by LUNA because customers do not appreciated the OEM soft (to powerfull and intrusive)
the 3rd 14.6 is the last one proposed by bafang and every body seem apreciate it

X-1 / M600 BESST Firmware Programming - Electricbike.com Ebike Forum

Do not hesitate to say if i'm wrong

I have the BESST tool but as my motor is failed when i have received it, i can't check the M500 rev

marcos

May 20, 2019
madrid
Great!

Yes, you can change the amount of level assists from 0-5 to 0-9 [and 0-3 for those that live on Mt. Everest].
On the display, go to Settings [press + and - at the same time] and scroll to Settings, then scroll down to the last option, Assist Mode and select 0-9.

Wheel size change would be through the besst toolkit, unless you pre-order that config through your dealer. A search on besst reveals a few topics on this forum, most say you need to order through a dealer. Same for the wheel size.
In the M600 you can change the wheel size via display & also it have assist mode.
1621245567355.png

here it is the bafang m600 display instructions

Attachments

• Bafang_C240.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 282

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Hello all. Now the fun starts. Battery fully charged by the supplied charger. All plugged up and get error code 30. Any one else have this? For the brief moment I have a display it flashes a dead battery. Bike not built yet just thought I would test it all first. Any help please. Thank you

Ok problem solved. Plug in the display you dummy. It was plugged in but not completely.
I had exactly the same problem, but my failure was that the wire from the display was not fully plugged into the motor. Also here, You have to PUSH very hard - You think it fits correctly, but there are a few mm to push further!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles