Dengfu E10 Suspension/Wheel Options

Waynemarlow

E*POWAH Master
Dec 6, 2019
Bucks
Its aleady quite a slack head angle and going mullet is going to make it slacker, do you want a downhill bike or do you want an Enduro style, whats you use ?

Curiousman

Jan 11, 2021
Belgium
We've had a few orders for shock bushings for the E10, so I've just made a specific product for the bike on our site.

If you need shock bushings / hardware for the E10 you can find it here - Shock Bushings | Dengfu E10 Bafang

If you want offset bushings then it's just a case of noting the frame / shock models when ordering this Offset Bushings - Pair

Cheers guys!

Jeron @ Offset Bushings
I recommend them! and in addition they are very available and friendly to give assembly advice if necessary ...

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Without riding the E10 it's difficult to know what fork length will work best. With this in mind I just ordered a 29" 180mm Manitou Mezzer Fork, 44mm offset. According to reviews it's stiffer & lighter than a Lyric, with more sensitivity than a Zeb. But the key point is the travel can be changed from 180mm to 140mm in 10mm increments by inserting supplied spacer tokens (need to remove lower legs).

690 Euro from R2-bike.com in Gemany inc shipping, although I expect to be charged 20% VAT sales tax when it arrives in UK

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Without riding the E10 it's difficult to know what fork length will work best. With this in mind I just ordered a 29" 180mm Manitou Mezzer Fork, 44mm offset. According to reviews it's stiffer & lighter than a Lyric, with more sensitivity than a Zeb. But the key point is the travel can be changed from 180mm to 140mm in 10mm increments by inserting supplied spacer tokens (need to remove lower legs).they ober

690 Euro from R2-bike.com in Gemany inc shipping, although I expect to be charged 20% VAT sales tax when it arrives in UK
Seems a great option, according to the tests I have read. In addition to the adjustable travel, You can tune the compression towards a higher ride position within the travel. Only complaint is build quality, they observed some cracking noise from the crown, so make sure You have a good warranty policy with your dealer in case You have to send it back. If You buy it, please share Your experience!

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Seems a great option, according to the tests I have read. In addition to the adjustable travel, You can tune the compression towards a higher ride position within the travel. Only complaint is build quality, they observed some cracking noise from the crown, so make sure You have a good warranty policy with your dealer in case You have to send it back. If You buy it, please share Your experience!
Thanks thaeber, I've order the Mezzer today. This Fork was first released in 2019 and I believe they've had a couple of quality revision updates since then, so hopefully fixed any issues. It's not in stock now from dealer so I'm figuring I'll get latest update when they send new from factory later in March. My E10 won't arrive until end of April so I have some time.

Not sure about cracking noise from the crown, I googled this and can see quite a few threads for Manitou forks on this subject, but I also get a lot of hits if I google the same for Rockshox or Fox. Was this a specific problem with the Mezzer?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Thanks thaeber, I've order the Mezzer today. This Fork was first released in 2019 and I believe they've had a couple of quality revision updates since then, so hopefully fixed any issues. It's not in stock now from dealer so I'm figuring I'll get latest update when they send new from factory later in March. My E10 won't arrive until end of April so I have some time.

Not sure about cracking noise from the crown, I googled this and can see quite a few threads for Manitou forks on this subject, but I also get a lot of hits if I google the same for Rockshox or Fox. Was this a specific problem with the Mezzer?
I‘ve been reading through the forums forth and back the last hours, the observed cracking noise in the test I have read seems not to be a series topic. And You are right, looks like they applied some Q measures the last years. The recent test of the fork in German Bike Magazin 03/21 quoted last place within the category sensivity. On the other hand, MTB News forum users in the thread Manitou Mezzer are really happy with the fork. I think its an interesting fork, I will try to get more information on it....

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
C3082143-BD54-45B9-A900-F0E017C60DE0.jpeg

first night finished and I reached really far, I hope to drive this weekend

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
you need to remove about 4mm of material from your yoke otherwise the 6mm longer shock length will hit the seattube

Did You use Offset bushings? Can You estimate, if You use Offset bushings to shorten the shock length by 2/4 mm, if the tire or the rear triangle crossbar will hit the seattube? Thanks!

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Last edited:

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
Strange, you have more space than with my 215x60 ? do you have really 153 mm between the 2 fixation axles when shock is fully compressed ?
(5) Dengfu E10 Suspension/Wheel Options - EMTB Forums

I think you are not fully compressed, you are in contact with the rubber compression stop.

hmm many I can pus som more mm out of it but I have remove the spring holder under the bumper stop an it is also a few mm think

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Oh, be carefull! The rubber block will also nearly fully compress when You do a jump, may be the crossbar will hit the seattube. Do
You have the possibility to check with an air shock of comparable length and travel?

Niklas Kinn

Dec 2, 2020
Denmark
Oh, be carefull! The rubber block will also nearly fully compress when You do a jump, may be the crossbar will hit the seattube. Do
You have the possibility to check with an air shock of comparable length and travel?

the rubber is 12mm thick and

I have only 210x52,5 in air sorry

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Did You measure the compressed length of the shock? I dont think the rubber will be compressed to zero, but at least half of the 12 mm I would asume. Considering this, at 2.5 : 1 ratio, it would mean that the addtional rear wheel travel is about 15mm.

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Can someone give me an advice for an alternative for the Rock Shox Super Deluxe Ultimate RCT DebonAir 210 x 55 mm? Unfortunately I am waiting now over 9 weeks for the delivery and I am.startin to look for good alternatives.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles