Dengfu E10 bash guard

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
I've put about 200kms on my dengfu e10, and the bashguard that comes with it it kinda crap...I feel like every time I hit it, which is often, it makes a huge bang and I'm about to break something.

I had an iscg05 mounted one on my old bike and that worked really well. Has any one got a more hardcore one on theirs than the factory one?

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
I've put about 200kms on my dengfu e10, and the bashguard that comes with it it kinda crap...I feel like every time I hit it, which is often, it makes a huge bang and I'm about to break something.

I had an iscg05 mounted one on my old bike and that worked really well. Has any one got a more hardcore one on theirs than the factory one?
Do you mean the large plastic skidplate on the bottom of the motor? I've already broken one bolt hole on the plastic bit. I'm thinking of making something from kydex as some of the levo guys in the other forums have.

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
And now it's broken completely :D

What to do?

20210712_174555.jpg

20210712_174543.jpg

Pav09990

May 16, 2021
Poland
I Have just reciveded engines with bash guards doesnt look very strong I will take dimesions from new one and try to 3d print from flexi (TPU) material or laser cut formed and weld alumnium version .

B3440758-0E1D-42CF-880F-3200B2991B9A.jpeg

Last edited:

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
Pav, I would gladly buy one if you can make it work out of metal. Ive just bought some Kydex do make an interim one, but that's kinda just to cover it up.

The problem with the factory one *my problem* is that a stick went through it and just ripped it off. I am pretty rough on my bike so it needs to be a bit better to suit my purpose.

Sunburntwily

Jan 28, 2021
Australia
It may not be that strong but it is certainly strong enough to rip the mounting insert out of the frame. The bash plate needs to deflect and not snag anything. If it's made of steel it may transmit the impact straight into the frame. So I think a stronger plastic that is smooth so nothing catch a snag. And soft enough to absorb the impact. That would be my approach.

nikname99

Apr 3, 2021
Italy
It may not be that strong but it is certainly strong enough to rip the mounting insert out of the frame. The bash plate needs to deflect and not snag anything. If it's made of steel it may transmit the impact straight into the frame. So I think a stronger plastic that is smooth so nothing catch a snag. And soft enough to absorb the impact. That would be my approach.
yeah.dengfu should do it from carbon fiber as optional.i have acces to cnc too but i think it will be too heavy.even if its from alluminium

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
A softer aluminum alloy would be perfect in my opinion. You can glue a 3 mm self adhesive rubber to it like I did with my original bashguard, working very good. Carbon fiber would be very strong and stiff as well, no advantage to aluminum in my opinion beside of weight.

29D92E14-7C26-4980-A71A-043973C878DB.png

mdlampe

Jul 4, 2021
uk
Hi everyone, So this thread seem to have stopped. I am just awaiting my frame and motor this or next month. Just wondered how you got on making a stronger bash guard. Any updates?

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
This is my effort.
Its made from 1,5mm Kydex (used to make knife / gun holsters) which can easily be cut and moulded with a heat gun / oven.
Tough as old boots and relatively cheap to buy. Mine sits over the top of the Bafang original for extra protection and is mounted via the existing bolt holes in the frame.

20210812_205722.jpg

Bigchris

Apr 28, 2021
Melbourne, Australia
That's similar to mine, except yours looks way better hahaha

Mine goes all the way around the back into the insert where the cables come out the rear, and then bolt into the same spot. I did mine in three layers.

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
Ah didn't realise you had already tried the Kydex route! I haven't tried mine in anger yet so can't vouch for how it will perform...

mdlampe

Jul 4, 2021
uk
This is my effort.
Its made from 1,5mm Kydex (used to make knife / gun holsters) which can easily be cut and moulded with a heat gun / oven.
Tough as old boots and relatively cheap to buy. Mine sits over the top of the Bafang original for extra protection and is mounted via the existing bolt holes in the frame.

View attachment 72073
That's looks quite durable, I was thinking of some kind of thick plastic or rubber. Do you think the motor needs any holes in the guard for cooling. noted the original one has some. Not such a concern in English weather tho'

Sheff73

Feb 13, 2021
UK
That's looks quite durable, I was thinking of some kind of thick plastic or rubber. Do you think the motor needs any holes in the guard for cooling. noted the original one has some. Not such a concern in English weather tho'

You can't see it from the photo but there is a small gap between the original bash guard and the home made one.
The motor runs relatively cool and the sides / top are exposed to fresh air, so I wasn't too concerned (especially in the UK climate!)

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
which fiber you use ? i currently discover the 3D printing world (ender 5 pro). fabulous technology (mostly the soft), very easy to use.

At the opposite, drawing id very complicated and time eater. I'm working since 2 days (freecad) on the 860C support of luky luke to adapt it at my bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles