Dengfu E10 / Bafang - Buying/Pricing

BootsDave

Feb 5, 2021
Aveyron, France
Thaeber, mine weighs the same and it’s the 17.5”. Do you have a delivery date for the battery? I’m waiting for Melody to get back to me. Ordered on 19th February.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Battery delivery is scheduled for today, according to DPD tracking. I‘ll post it once the battery is here. Does anybody know if the wire from the display to the motor is connected to the left or to the 2nd from left port? Thanks!

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
Battery delivery is scheduled for today, according to DPD tracking. I‘ll post it once the battery is here. Does anybody know if the wire from the display to the motor is connected to the left or to the 2nd from left port? Thanks!

840Wh Battery arrived today, received notification via email a week before that the job had been created from DTDC and then got notification that it was out for delivery from DPD (UK). Beforehand, I thought it might be the frame, but there was no info as to where it was from or what it was in any of the email or SMS notifications.

Weight of battery is 3894g - just waiting for the frame now :)

Oh and no duty to pay on anything thus far.

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
When did you order it all I am still waiting for for my motor and battery I ordered on the 5th of January

27th of February, all seems a bit random, some people getting frames before batteries and vice/versa. Annoyingly I could work around not having a battery by building one myself, but building a frame isn't currently in my skillset ;-)

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts
Batteries arrived today. I ordered 2nd March, no frame yet, Melody says it will ship out in 2 weeks
IMG_20210507_114725.jpg

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Finally, Battery arrived today! 1st testride successfully done, its a BEAST! 180/29“ front, 170/27.5“ rear. Cane Creek DB Coil 216/63, 2 mm Offset bushing reducing to 214 shock length. Minimal rework on rear shock link needed. BB heigt at 360mm, Head Angle exactly 64 Deg. Almost 25 kg with 840 Wh Battery. Manitou Mezzer Fork. Feels like a flying carpet!

9BD44A0F-EAF4-40A1-AFED-E08E0C476AC6.jpeg

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
Finally, Battery arrived today! 1st testride successfully done, its a BEAST! 180/29“ front, 170/27.5“ rear. Cane Creek DB Coil 216/63, 2 mm Offset bushing reducing to 214 shock length. Minimal rework on rear shock link needed. BB heigt at 360mm, Head Angle exactly 64 Deg. Almost 25 kg with 840 Wh Battery. Manitou Mezzer Fork. Feels like a flying carpet!

View attachment 60827
Great ??. Can you give me some advice what for this two parts are? And how did you wire the cables around the motor? Maybe you can send me some detailled pictures?
Do you have any comparison to other motors?
Enjoy riding! It looks amazing ?

IMG_20210420_131115.jpg

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Great ??. Can you give me some advice what for this two parts are? And how did you wire the cables around the motor? Maybe you can send me some detailled pictures?
Do you have any comparison to other motors?
Enjoy riding! It looks amazing ?

View attachment 60828
I didnt use this part, I think installation of the on/off button is easier because of tool access. Cable is very easy:
- Cable from Display left connection on Motor. 2nd from left unused. 3rd from left is speed sensor. Then last one is power connection. I disassembled the battery mount with the key lock completely. More to follow. I‘m done for today, almost 12h of bike work beside my job the last 2 days. Frame protection and chain guide tomorrow morning and then: Lets get it on!

Roy68

Mar 4, 2021
UK Herts

View attachment 60827
Looks proper badass! Glad you chose the Mezzer. I see you have Magura rotors, are the brakes MT5s?

Puschtrale

Jan 19, 2021
Dobbiaco
I didnt use this part, I think installation of the on/off button is easier because of tool access. Cable is very easy:
- Cable from Display left connection on Motor. 2nd from left unused. 3rd from left is speed sensor. Then last one is power connection. I disassembled the battery mount with the key lock completely. More to follow. I‘m done for today, almost 12h of bike work beside my job the last 2 days. Frame protection and chain guide tomorrow morning and then: Lets get it on!
But did'nt you already test it? What can you tell us about the differences between other ebikes and yours?
Is your charger also so loud and getting really hot ??
Cables: I wanted to ask how you guided the cables around the motor as recently I saw a pic (see pic) whit a cable that was guided under the motor and was wondering if this is correct.

IMG_20210110_154843_edit_23665300169825.jpg

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
But did'nt you already test it? What can you tell us about the differences between other ebikes and yours?
Is your charger also so loud and getting really hot ??
Cables: I wanted to ask how you guided the cables around the motor as recently I saw a pic (see pic) whit a cable that was guided under the motor and was wondering if this is correct.

View attachment 60847
Yes the charger fan is noisy. So make sure to charge the battery in Your wifes room ?All cables are routes above the engine, rear shifting cable and brake line as well. Ensure that the cables are on the left side in driving direction above the motor, so they dont get dammaged at the engine mount. If You do it correctly, Only the power line and the wire from the display have to be routed over the engine. All others con be hided within the frame. My buddy just told me engine support and feeling is bettee then his new Conmencal Meta Power with EP8. For me its the first Ebike, so no real comparison possible. I think it rides really great! Very natural an powerful.

639DF70F-E61A-4D2F-9185-01C330EBD708.jpeg

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
Yes the charger fan is noisy. So make sure to charge the battery in Your wifes room ?All cables are routes above the engine, rear shifting cable and brake line as well. Ensure that the cables are on the left side in driving direction above the motor, so they dont get dammaged at the engine mount. If You do it correctly, Only the power line and the wire from the display have to be routed over the engine. All others con be hided within the frame. My buddy just told me engine support and feeling is bettee then his new Conmencal Meta Power with EP8. For me its the first Ebike, so no real comparison possible. I think it rides really great! Very natural an powerful.

View attachment 60872
Very nice man! I see you left the bike unpainted. I am starting to like these matt black builds we see here.
I would like to know know if the frame itself already has any clear coat or does it not require any clear coat?

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Hi Guys,
happy to see your bikes.Mine is also ready, actually my borther rides it , since i do not have so much time.But upgrades will be done:
32or 30 chainring
52 casette
About the charger,guys i am scary to leave it alone :D.So i did some research and my recommendation is to buy
Meanwell HLG-320H-54A

Basically you could set the voltage and ampere output,ip67,7 years warranty,no fans.price around 80 euro.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
2 h ride on my hometrails. Compared to my very well equipped Rotwild R.GE 1 180/180 this is insane, ironing the trail! Zero Problems, motor power for me is more then sufficient. Battery consumption is very low, 36 km, 600 hm, mostly on Level4, 70% Battery left. Great fun and I‘m really happy!

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
Thaeber, I have the same Cane Creek DB Coil 216/63, but different are both 27.5 wheels, lyrik 170 29er, frame 15.5”. What do I need to fit the shock?

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I recommend to use one Offset bushing with 2 mm offset on the 16.5 mm side. This reduces installed shock length to 214 mm. On the other mount I used also a bushing from Offset, but a standard one with no offset. Then You need to rework the aluminum shock mount link towards the seattube on the upper plate appr. 2 mm to avoid collision with the seattube. Remaining shock length fully compressed is 151 mm (214 - 63). That’s just enough that the bride on the rear triangle doesnt hit the seattube.

Geoff12a

Jan 27, 2021
Reading

View attachment 60827
What tool are you using to put the crank nut on???

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles