Dengfu E10 / Bafang - Buying/Pricing

GandalfR

Mar 22, 2021
Germany
There are a few numbers on the motor, it's not obvious which is the serial number. There's some on the underside of the motor and some on the underside on one of the fins on the side of the motor. Do you know happen to know which is the serial number? I asked melody if I would receive the latest iteration of the Bafang and she assured me I would...

Curiousman

Jan 11, 2021
Belgium
There are a few numbers on the motor, it's not obvious which is the serial number. There's some on the underside of the motor and some on the underside on one of the fins on the side of the motor. Do you know happen to know which is the serial number? I asked melody if I would receive the latest iteration of the Bafang and she assured me I would...
There are 2 numbers engraved below the motor.
The top line is the motor model (MM G520.250.C 19 for the M500 48V) and the bottom line is the serial number, probably 13 numbers...

Last edited:

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
This is my motor!

6F306555-6E39-4B33-9E32-23C2DBF3CB4F.jpeg

16AB9143-4ACD-4574-8A28-BED767CC3863.jpeg

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
I received my motor this week and it seems the spec is different. It seems that mine has a different speed rating or speed limit...it is rated at 18A vs the earlier version of 10A. It is also rated at 500W. Or is this just an M600 vs M500 case?

20210430_092909.jpg

20210430_092856.jpg

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
3 Weeeks ago, ordered Feb. 23rd. Today I received the DPD Trackingnumber from Melody for Frame and Battery.
Ah so your battery will come together with the frame? If I remember correctly you made your order in early Feb right? I hope mine arrives before I go abroad in June. No one will be there to receive the package if it arrives after June 12th! At least from your case there will be some sort of tracking number...

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Ah so your battery will come together with the frame? If I remember correctly you made your order in early Feb right? I hope mine arrives before I go abroad in June. No one will be there to receive the package if it arrives after June 12th! At least from your case there will be some sort of tracking number...
As written above, ordered Feb. 23rd. I received 2 Trackingnumbers, Frame and Battery will be shipped sepreately. I asked Melody for a status update yesterday, she replied with the Trackingnumbers. I doubt that You will receive the shipping status info without asking from time to time :)

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
As written above, ordered Feb. 23rd. I received 2 Trackingnumbers, Frame and Battery will be shipped sepreately. I asked Melody for a status update yesterday, she replied with the Trackingnumbers. I doubt that You will receive the shipping status info without asking from time to time :)
Ah... Good advice. I'll drop her an email next week.

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
Bafang cranks (top) Luna X1 cranks (bottom)

• Bafang - 170mm / 571g
  • Luna - 150mm / 462g

Took 7 days from order to arrival from Luna (to UK) - no duty to pay (although I have been caught by this from Luna before when I bought a couple of chainrings from them)

Not tried them yet as I haven't got frame or battery yet, but will post findings when I do.

One point I did notice is that the paint / anodizing appears to go into the thread on the Luna ones, so the threads might need clearing with a tap first.
1619793391749.png

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
Bafang cranks (top) Luna X1 cranks (bottom)

• Bafang - 170mm / 571g
  • Luna - 150mm / 462g

Took 7 days from order to arrival from Luna (to UK) - no duty to pay (although I have been caught by this from Luna before when I bought a couple of chainrings from them)

Not tried them yet as I haven't got frame or battery yet, but will post findings when I do.

One point I did notice is that the paint / anodizing appears to go into the thread on the Luna ones, so the threads might need clearing with a tap first.
View attachment 60176
Other than the Luna crank arms, are there any other aftermarket crank arms that are compatible with the Bafang motors? Are the Bosch crank arms compatible with the Bafang motors?

patdam

Jan 17, 2019
france
Other than the Luna crank arms, are there any other aftermarket crank arms that are compatible with the Bafang motors? have you tested to see if necessary ? ,
Are the Bosch crank arms compatible with the Bafang motors? no

captainhightop

Feb 26, 2021
UK
Other than the Luna crank arms, are there any other aftermarket crank arms that are compatible with the Bafang motors? Are the Bosch crank arms compatible with the Bafang motors?
Going on what I read on the forums it's not a standard ISIS spline, which is very annoying. Maybe it's a licensing issue or bafang just want to sell more cranks. I read somewhere lekkie were thinking about doing some, but nothing on their site yet.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
Can anyone tell us from what firmware number on we are talking about the "new" m500 with the soft- and hardware update Rob mentioned ?
No, unfortunately not. But I can tell You from the engine number on Your motor, that the motor was No. 37 build on February 23rd, 2021. My motor was build same day, No. 27. So I assume the motors are flashed with the latest firmware.

thaeber

Jan 26, 2021
Bruchsal, Germany
I am getting very concerned about my motor and battery I ordered it all on the 5th January received the frame after a few weeks but still no motor/battery he said it’s shipped and I have a tracking number but it hasn’t changed in 38 days
Oh....did You get a tracking number for each - motor and battery, or one tracking number for both? Where are You located?

jtran69

Jan 9, 2021
CA
I’m in California, It’s cool to see m600 kit and battery arrived! Frame is shipping possibly this Friday. I’ll keep my fingers crossed.
Paid 3/27
Motor battery shipped 4/16, arrived 5/4
Frame tbd

Any US buyers here? 9BF7D13A-B674-44D1-BCDA-A4EA9918161C.jpeg

Afifz

Feb 18, 2021
Turin, Italy
I received mine today too! Overall it seems like a decent piece of kit. My only gripe would be the not so perfect fit of the battery cover. I have yet to receive my battery though. I hope it'll arrive soon. I will probably start priming it for painting now.

20210506_172320.jpg

20210506_172437.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles