Delivery time

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
I ordered mine on the 18/5/2019 and the status is still order processed. No shipping updates so far but I did ask for the brakes to be swapped sides if they could.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Seems to vary, my signature has taken 3 weeks but I’m going through a bike shop who supply Commencal. Hopefully collecting today...

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
It doesn’t help that I decided to go out on Monday night without knee pads and now have a swollen knee with 4 stitches ?

Another advantage to eBikes, you’re not so worried about extra weight etc.. so I’ll be inclined to go out padded up on every ride, especially as I’ll be doing more decending!

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
It doesn’t help that I decided to go out on Monday night without knee pads and now have a swollen knee with 4 stitches ?

Another advantage to eBikes, you’re not so worried about extra weight etc.. so I’ll be inclined to go out padded up on every ride, especially as I’ll be doing more decending!

Sorry to hear that, I agree re being kitted up and I'll probably carry a bit more stuff as well rather than the bare minimum

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
Just got an update......

So my timeline is;
Ordered at 9pm on Wednesday 22nd May
Order confirmed as being processed on 23rd May
Tracking number provided on 24th May (my bike is in Toulouse)

I'll update with any further details but looking good for a swift delivery so far (y)

Nice :D

Mine is still sitting at order processed. I suspect I will be in for a similar wait to @Jamsxr

notfub

Apr 20, 2019
South Wales
Just got an update......

So my timeline is;
Ordered at 9pm on Wednesday 22nd May
Order confirmed as being processed on 23rd May
Tracking number provided on 24th May (my bike is in Toulouse)

I'll update with any further details but looking good for a swift delivery so far (y)
It's arrived!!! 28th May

Note that the arrival was a complete surprise as the tracking details stated "En cours d acheminement depuis l'agence de LIEUSAINT le 25/05/2019 à 05:36".
Using Google translate "In progress from the LIEUSAINT agency on the 25/05/2019 at 05:36"

notfub

Apr 20, 2019
South Wales
metapower29.jpg
Got home late from work so didn't mange to finish the build (hence the dangling brake lever) but couldn't resist a quick pic.

John K

May 30, 2019
Brighton, UK.
If you want to track your delivery from Commencal to the UK then you'll need two URLs.

The first URL they sent me began france.fedex.com/... but it looked like it was stuck in France for days. I enquired with them and they sent me a different international tracking link beginning with www.fedex.com/...

I had to wait a few days longer than I expected as FedEx ferried my parcel from Stanstead, to Poole, to Stoke, and then down to me in Brighton.

John K

May 30, 2019
Brighton, UK.
Cheers John, I'm in Worthing !
I'll keep an eye out for you on the Downs.

I tested my battery with a trip over Telscombe, then onto the South Downs Way but my battery ran out just before I reached Devils Dyke. I could squeek home in eco mode though. It taught me about how I should ride differently on an eMTB so that I don't push the battery too hard by keeping an eye on the display's power graph and only using Boost mode on very rare occasions.

My next (cautious) trip was over Lancing Hill to the SDW and I came back home to Brighton with three full bars.

I'm hoping to do a Brighton, Worthing, Chanctonbury Ring, SDW, Downslink, Brighton trip at the weekend to see how the batteries fare with that.

John K

May 30, 2019
Brighton, UK.
Yes John I'll be up there soon.

I'm very interested in your range testing, do you have a spare battery ?
No, no spare battery. I did 23 miles before it forced me into eco mode and I'm 14.5st, the bike is XL and I did some big climbs on the way, there was also strong westerly winds to battle over the tops of the Downs. It cut out just before Saddlescombe Farm so I had to push/eco my way up to the top.

I think if I did it again I'd be alright as I've now got more understanding of how the battery works.

IMG_2486.PNG

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Had a proper ride today at my local trails (Tunnel Hill/Pirbright). What a bit of kit!

Shimano motor is absolutely brilliant, don’t find it particularly noisy, battery life seems good, motor is very progressive/natural - I would love an extra 5mph before the limiter kicks in, but there is no resistance other than the weight of the bike.

The XT breaks and Fox suspension is on another level compared to the Guides and Pike on my trail bike. It’s a very plush ride and still seems relatively playful.

Early impression is the build quality is excellent, but time will tell. I really can’t beleave it’s a 4K bike, especially with the component set.

I will probably change the seat and bars in due course.

96D7343E-0B91-4A10-90B9-FDEC551EFE4B.jpeg

tedturbine

May 8, 2019
Worthing
Bike looks epic. What size frame did you get and how tall are you ?

I'm 6ft and went L

I got my sitbones measured for my last bike so will be swapping my the specialized saddle I bought on to it I think.

Also have you put any paint protection film on it ?

Can't wait for mine, still not shipped though ...

Etacata

Jan 21, 2019
Mt. Hood, OR
After riding my meta power for 8 months now my one complaint is how easy the paint seems to chip off the frame. Added a lot of helicopter tape to wear areas.

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Bike looks epic. What size frame did you get and how tall are you ?

I'm 6ft and went L

I got my sitbones measured for my last bike so will be swapping my the specialized saddle I bought on to it I think.

Also have you put any paint protection film on it ?

Can't wait for mine, still not shipped though ...

I’m 5,11 and went large, it’s a very good fit so you should be fine.

I’ve got an invisiframe kit for the frame and forks ?

notfub

Apr 20, 2019
South Wales
Now that I've been on a few rides, I thought I'd share some thoughts....

I've fitted an invisiframe kit to the bike and in fairness it very extensive...so extensive, I've got 3 very small pieces left to fit.....once I find where to place them ;)

I've swapped out the original coil spring for a 650lbs crane creek spring on the advice of TFTuned. The other settings on the shock, I've left stock for the moment. However, my mate has said that there's a little pedal bob on the road sections between trails, I don't feel it myself but it's there.

The bike itself is a monster. It eats everything I can throw at it and then some. I've been up some very technical and rocky climbs that I really struggled on with my analogue bikes and while still tricky, the "Commie" is so capable. Just keep on pedalling, get some weight over the back and it's tank like in it's climbing ability.

On equally challenging and rocky downhill sections, it's very balanced and predictable (low centre of gravity I guess) and inspires confidence.

One thing that initially caught me out was the way speed builds quickly going downhill due the additional weight and momentum on an e-mtb. Good job the SRAM Guide RE brakes seem up to the task.

Bottom line is this bike is FUN in bucket loads. commie_rocks.jpg

Any tips on protecting the gap where the wires enter the motor would be great, it gets muddy in there. :eek:
commie_mud.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles