Decoy pro race....

Pwrhungry

May 22, 2020
Germany
Anybody else order one with a July 1st ‘in stock’ date??

I did, a titanium silver one. Got delivered June 25th. This is in Germany. Funny thing is a few weeks before that I called them to ask if there’s any chance it could show early and they said no.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
I did, a titanium silver one. Got delivered June 25th. This is in Germany. Funny thing is a few weeks before that I called them to ask if there’s any chance it could show early and they said no.
Nice! Yeah I emailed them the other day but no reply yet, got a funny feeling I’m going to be delayed.... still showing out of stock on the website.

-Sven-

Jul 1, 2020
Teeside, North East, England
Anybody else order one with a July 1st ‘in stock’ date??

Hey up Yorkshire? i'm in the same boat as you ;)? placed my order back in May with the Germany website was saying available 1st June obviously that hasn't happened, then by magic the date changed to 1st July :mad: Sent a couple of emails all confirming I have a bike reserved. But when it'll arrive will be anyone's guess. One email stated that this week (week 27) was allotted as Decoy build week so ? we should either receive an email with DHL Tracking numbers (probably 2 boxes) charger then bike or bike and no charger ? or you'll have to keep logging on every evening to see if any additional comments have been added to you online yt account on the bottom of you order invoice. ?

#who'llgetitfirst ? :LOL::LOL:

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
Hey up Yorkshire? i'm in the same boat as you ;)? placed my order back in May with the Germany website was saying available 1st June obviously that hasn't happened, then by magic the date changed to 1st July :mad: Sent a couple of emails all confirming I have a bike reserved. But when it'll arrive will be anyone's guess. One email stated that this week (week 27) was allotted as Decoy build week so ? we should either receive an email with DHL Tracking numbers (probably 2 boxes) charger then bike or bike and no charger ? or you'll have to keep logging on every evening to see if any additional comments have been added to you online yt account on the bottom of you order invoice. ?

#who'llgetitfirst ? :LOL::LOL:
It’s killing me this.... my other ebike Has been on a warranty fix for 6 weeks ???

your delay doesn’t fill me with confidence!

-Sven-

Jul 1, 2020
Still no news :mad: Really starting to get a lil ? the lack of communication out of YT Germany is appalling considering i'm a new customer ordering a new bike, I've been reading a number of post on hear and its mostly slating customer service in Europe is :poop:. Now i understand its a forum for all things YT but the Decoy's really are the Friday afternoon builds with lack of grease in key areas, bolts not being torqued correctly plus brand new chargers that are U/S after a charger or two. Now yes the current situation slows communications but its been me chasing up to ensure order is confirmed and payment received.

But then you see images of the bike :love: and realise that the brand has to deal with everything itself and hasn't the infrastructure like its competitors.

Apologies for the rant its been a long month of waiting ? the soap box is pack away..

Your welcome to vent your concerns and issues you've come across?

Pwrhungry

May 22, 2020
Germany
It’s weird you guys have this problem. I’m in Germany but the emails I got back were from Dan UK. He was awsome and quick to reply. I even asked him things like what’s a good fender I don’t have to zip tie.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
Still no news :mad: Really starting to get a lil ? the lack of communication out of YT Germany is appalling considering i'm a new customer ordering a new bike, I've been reading a number of post on hear and its mostly slating customer service in Europe is :poop:. Now i understand its a forum for all things YT but the Decoy's really are the Friday afternoon builds with lack of grease in key areas, bolts not being torqued correctly plus brand new chargers that are U/S after a charger or two. Now yes the current situation slows communications but its been me chasing up to ensure order is confirmed and payment received.

But then you see images of the bike :love: and realise that the brand has to deal with everything itself and hasn't the infrastructure like its competitors.

Apologies for the rant its been a long month of waiting ? the soap box is pack away..

Your welcome to vent your concerns and issues you've come across?
???
I feel your frustrations brother.....

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
It’s weird you guys have this problem. I’m in Germany but the emails I got back were from Dan UK. He was awsome and quick to reply. I even asked him things like what’s a good fender I don’t have to zip tie.
To be honest the communications from YT have so far have been pretty good, advising me on size etc.... It’s only the last couple of days they haven’t messaged back. I sort of expected a delay but it still doesn’t make it any less frustrating!

I think most bike related customer service is pants to be honest, it’s not just YT.

Laner2t

Jun 27, 2020
Fod
Ive also gotta say the communication has been great for me to. I have had plenty of reply emails helping out etc etc, and even better when i emailed to cancel the pro race order and change to the newly released shred, they rang me to sort the refund and run through the procedure, give me info on the new bike and tell me all about the soon to open uk service centre.
So far, pretty impressed.
This is the first time ive dealt with yt.

-Sven-

Jul 1, 2020
To be honest the communications from YT have so far have been pretty good, advising me on size etc.... It’s only the last couple of days they haven’t messaged back. I sort of expected a delay but it still doesn’t make it any less frustrating!

I think most bike related customer service is pants to be honest, it’s not just YT.
I understand and acknowledge YT will reply to consumers emails but not to receive any updates such as things like proposed build date so you can have a better idea of when to expect tracking numbers. My order states available from the 1st July it's now the 3rd and still nothing. Not even a cool email like it's built the wait is almost over for example it's just these lil things with purchasing direct from brand.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
I understand and acknowledge YT will reply to consumers emails but not to receive any updates such as things like proposed build date so you can have a better idea of when to expect tracking numbers. My order states available from the 1st July it's now the 3rd and still nothing. Not even a cool email like it's built the wait is almost over for example it's just these lil things with purchasing direct from brand.
Yeah ur right it would be nice to get an update, where did they state this week was decoy build week?

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
Ive also gotta say the communication has been great for me to. I have had plenty of reply emails helping out etc etc, and even better when i emailed to cancel the pro race order and change to the newly released shred, they rang me to sort the refund and run through the procedure, give me info on the new bike and tell me all about the soon to open uk service centre.
So far, pretty impressed.
This is the first time ive dealt with yt.
yeah hopefully the UK service center will improve things massively, the customer service reputation in the US is really good due to them having a US service center..... from what I can gather.

Laner2t

Jun 27, 2020
Fod
yeah hopefully the UK service center will improve things massively, the customer service reputation in the US is really good due to them having a US service center..... from what I can gather.
Sort of tipped the scales for me. If they hadnt of been opening up a uk centre i amy of gone commencal.
Have been kn a kenevo for the last 18 months so had great service there.

Stewface

Jan 21, 2018
Sussex by the Sea
My Decoy Pro Race was sent back to Germany, as I had E010 on display screen (common Issue), on 30th May. I emailed them last week, they have the bike but haven’t looked at it yet. I hope the service is better when they open a YT Mill in the UK.
I’m resigned to loosing my bike for the whole Summer season. I’ve always said buy local but I didn’t take my own advise.

Yorkshirelad

Oct 11, 2019
Robin hoods bay
My Decoy Pro Race was sent back to Germany, as I had E010 on display screen (common Issue), on 30th May. I emailed them last week, they have the bike but haven’t looked at it yet. I hope the service is better when they open a YT Mill in the UK.
I’m resigned to loosing my bike for the whole Summer season. I’ve always said buy local but I didn’t take my own advise.
Nightmare that mate.... I’ll be gutted if it’s faulty when it finally gets here!!
My mates got a kenevo that he bought local and it’s on it’s 3rd motor, difference is the have it for a couple of days to sort it.
Obviously covid hasn’t helped but a full month and they haven’t even looked at your bike... piss poor

Stewface

Jan 21, 2018
Sussex by the Sea
Nightmare that mate.... I’ll be gutted if it’s faulty when it finally gets here!!
My mates got a kenevo that he bought local and it’s on it’s 3rd motor, difference is the have it for a couple of days to sort it.
Obviously covid hasn’t helped but a full month and they haven’t even looked at your bike... piss poor
It did take 2 weeks to get there, so they've only actually had it 3 weeks, and Dan at YT said the current turn around is 5-6 weeks, so in effect I'm only halfway through the process. Should have it back in another 4-5 weeks.
I did expect a slightly better service after spending £6k on a bike.

Hasse Birkmose

Jul 19, 2019
Denmark
YT are masters of two things. They make bikes that ride great and they are good at pr. Everything else is a complete mess. Sold my Decoy from just being so super pissed off at their awfull service. Was just being more and more concerned if something more serious than my tree small warranty claims would go wrong (like their own too small battery). Their standart answer to even the smallest problem is “send it to us and expect 3-6 weeks” I am now on a Levo and still knowing that the motor will kill itself at some point my LBS will sort it out in max a week. A varm and comfy feeling. Service in the US is super duper weirdly....

akuria

Patreon
Jan 30, 2020
san francisco
YT are masters of two things. They make bikes that ride great and they are good at pr. Everything else is a complete mess. Sold my Decoy from just being so super pissed off at their awfull service. Was just being more and more concerned if something more serious than my tree small warranty claims would go wrong (like their own too small battery). Their standart answer to even the smallest problem is “send it to us and expect 3-6 weeks” I am now on a Levo and still knowing that the motor will kill itself at some point my LBS will sort it out in max a week. A varm and comfy feeling. Service in the US is super duper weirdly....

Don't be so sure on faster service with Levo repairs. My buddy gas a Levo and his motor blew twice and each time he took it to a LBS and waited 6 weeks each time to get his bike back.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles